Will it be a problem if Juve doesn't win the CL this season? (1 Viewer)

nowhereman

Jul 15, 2002
My opinion is we are having the most balance and competitive squad in Europe and this season we got many high quality subtitutes in the bench. Let's look at our squad:

GK Buffon
DFs Thuram(Zenoni) Montero Ferrara(Iuliano, Fresi, Tudor) Moretti (Pessoto)
MFs Zambrotta(Camoranesi) Tacchinardi(Baioco, Brighi) Davids(Tudor) Nedved
FWs Del Piero(Salas) Trezeguet(Zalayeta)

A perfect squad, isn't it? Not even in the paper, yes, it would be a huge disappoint if we don't win the trophy. Maybe, it depends on how we play and depends totally on the coach.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
thats a perfect squad?
take a look at Reals' ;)
Casillas, Helguera, Hierro, Zidane, Figo, Raul, Morientes, Roberto Carlos McManamman, Savio......

ours' far from perfect

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I guess we all look at football in different ways i guess, i am with Dj juve, we don't have a creative midfielder, our defence has suddenly started to look unbalanced, so i ma not sure where this idea of a perfect squad is coming from

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I guess we all look at football in different ways i guess, i am with Dj juve, we don't have a creative midfielder, our defence has suddenly started to look unbalanced, so i ma not sure where this idea of a perfect squad is coming from
agreed. again i say, we need to seriously invest in more creative players(aimar, r.v.d, Kewell and guys like that). we gotta do what Ajax does.

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
i am with Dj juve
i'm not gay

:D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If Inter and Milan make the CL, then I can name 2 more teams with a better lineup than ours :down::down::down::down:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
like buffon said in one of his latest interviews "big names" aren't everything...

what i mean is that if u look at the squad of real there are a lot of big names, but they aren't unbeatable - just think of the cl-final.. to be honest it was bayer leverkusen that was the better team... and bayer don't have such big-names at all...
real just had luck, that is also a very important thing if u want to win cl IMO
(just think of our injury-problems last season...)

and they also didn't won the spanish championship...

the same goes for milan... look at their squad, they have so many offensive players with big-names, but it's never easy - because ancelotti has to choose between them and i'm sure the others, who won't be selected as starters won't be happy to sit on the bench...
and do u think it's a good move to buy rivaldo if u have problems with the defence??

we already had a gr8 squad last season and now we even have a better/stronger one, with quality subs....

and team spirit is really very, very important in football...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
not winning the CL has never been a problem.we have not won it for 6 years and we still get by.getting kicked out in some time of the CL is definitely a get down but normally it dosen't matter after a week or two.

btw i still do not think we will win it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)