Who is the player Juventus would miss the most and why? (13 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

In the end I know what you mean and I agree with you, but unfortunately there are others who don't think or see things like you.
I guess. But I'm one of the biggest del Piero fans on this forum and you have to be blind to disagree with me here. I've stated some serious things towards Capello and Zlatan etcetera, but I've always been consistent. Something I unfortunately can't say about all so called dp-lovers.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He's not that type of player and will never be, it would be foolish to try to copmletely change his style of play, and it would be a near impossible task. In fact, why do it when we already have one of the best finishers in the world?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
right on seven....we need del piero, not only for football but also for motivation, the man is a living symbol

Yes, I guess it must be extremely motivting for the other players seing him drag his feet around the pitch almost crying.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
He's not that type of player and will never be, it would be foolish to try to copmletely change his style of play, and it would be a near impossible task. In fact, why do it when we already have one of the best finishers in the world?
Because Zlatan could become a better one.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Yes, I guess it must be extremely motivting for the other players seing him drag his feet around the pitch almost crying.
14 goals, Zlatan. That's a lot.

OP
lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #87
    <<originally posted by Zlatan>>
    that´s true again...damn

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++

that´s true again...damn

Quote button, bottom right of every post.

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

14 goals, Zlatan. That's a lot.

So? It has nothing to do with his ability to motivate players. Besides, had Trez been fit he would have score more, 20 easily, and to play DP in stead of Trezeguet is mure madness.

Because Zlatan could become a better one.

No. He has his own style of playing football and I dont think he could adapt to being a pure finisher, but even if he could, why the hell would we want to wast some of his other qualities, his dribbling, his assists etc? He's more effective this way.

OP
    lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #89
    Man City asked Juventus for Del Piero
    tribalfootball.com - September 1, 2005

Manchester City made an approach to Juventus for striker Alessandro del Piero this week.
    Turin media reports state City made an official enquiry after the Italy international, whose future at Juve has been the centre of much debate this summer.

City wanted to take Del Piero on-loan this season, but Juve insisted on the Premiership club taking on 100 per cent of his wages, which quickly cooled their interest.

so if City had payed his wage...he would be gone, wow

Jan 7, 2004

I know it's not fair to say that the goal against Bayern was del Piero's and that the goal against Milan was del Piero's as well.

Zlatan was mostly responsible for the goal against Bayern and del Piero was mostly responsible for the goal against Milan. That's all.

and zalayeta was mostly repsonsible for the goal against siena

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

and zalayeta was mostly repsonsible for the goal against siena
    No, because that wasn't a tap in. Do you play football yourself on a reasonable level, Bes? I do and I can assure you it's not easy to backheel a ball like that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    No. He has his own style of playing football and I dont think he could adapt to being a pure finisher, but even if he could, why the hell would we want to wast some of his other qualities, his dribbling, his assists etc? He's more effective this way.
    Doesn't mean you have to take away his other qualities. That's even mostly why he would be a better striker than Trezeguet. And TBH Zlatan gives few assists, so that's not really one of his biggest assets anyway. Strikers may dribble you know, it's not forbidden. Quite frankly, Zlatan would be far more effective as a goalscorer, because he's got the strength, the speed and the agility, whereas his vista is rather bad.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Doesn't mean you have to take away his other qualities. That's even mostly why he would be a better striker than Trezeguet. And TBH Zlatan gives few assists, so that's not really one of his biggest assets anyway. Strikers may dribble you know, it's not forbidden. Quite frankly, Zlatan would be far more effective as a goalscorer, because he's got the strength, the speed and the agility, whereas his vista is rather bad.

And Zlatan wouldnt be more effective as a striker, because I dont see his finishing improving that much. And besides, we need someone like Trezeguet to just stand in the box and give our attack a target. Without him we seem lost, DP and Zlatan would drop down too much and not be really sure what to do with the ball. We need a poacher in the box to be the centre point of our attack, and that is not Zlatan.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    These next months will tell us if we really would miss Buffon. In the mean time I guess Cnnavaro, Camoranesi and Emerson are too important for us.

Dan

Back &amp; Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Cannavaro is by far the most important. Well not by far but without him it would be 2003/2004 all over again

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

when you guys realize that the goal against bayern was thanks to zlatan and the goal agianst siena was thanks to zalayeta then i ll give credit where its due.

and this are just few of the crap we "used" to hear every day
    :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)