Who is the player Juventus would miss the most and why? (4 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Never should've been.

Absolutely shouldnt have been. However, I think Moggi doled that dosh out given his age at the time. He certainly wasnt worth the amount then at least.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
On a serious note, for the players that r curerntly with us this season this is wad I would go for.

1. Nedved
2. Zambro
3. Buffon

These 3 players have been with us for quite a while. Nedved as always, have proved he is a hardworker and I certainly miss him if he were to retire him. In fact, with his suspension on the 2002-2003 CL Final, I already missed him dearly and was desperately hoping for his appearance, even though I know that he will not play :down:

Zambro, excellent player who can play as a RW + LB. Very good runner with the ball and going offensive. Even though he is switched to LB, he can still defend well. Even though a defender isn't his natural position, he still does it decently.

Buffon, saved us time and time again. A keeper with good reflexes and excellent in shot-stopping. Definitely missed if he is to go.

Followed by
4. Cannavaro
5. Camoranesi

Overall: 1) Zidane 2) Baggio 3) DP

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
buffon,cannavaro and nedved's magic.

buffon because he is simply the BEST
cannavaro-for the same reason
and nedved because this guy,even if he is not at his best,i think that he brings us to an other,higher lever of play.

and from ale i only think we will miss his big name,not his skills ATM.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Bes, be fair, give credit where it's due. Del Piero scored 14 goals and was vital for our scudetto win. Don't act as if he's worthless. I'm not saying you have to praise him, but he played alright last season. We wouldn't have won without him.

when you guys realize that the goal against bayern was thanks to zlatan and the goal agianst siena was thanks to zalayeta then i ll give credit where its due.

and this are just few of the crap we "used" to hear every day

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Cannavaro :star:
The defensive art elavated to a whole new height and despite lacking height manages to score some memorable headers. Oh yes Cannavaro by a whole football pitch length :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

when you guys realize that the goal against bayern was thanks to zlatan and the goal agianst siena was thanks to zalayeta then i ll give credit where its due.

and this are just few of the crap we "used" to hear every day
The goal against Bayern was partly thanks to Zlatan, yes. However, it wasn't an assist and Juve was just lucky that the ball fell for del Piero.

Del Piero's goal against Siena was partly thanks to Zalayeta as well. BUT Zalayeta's assist wasn't all that good and del Piero took it quite brilliantly. That was by no means an easy goal and del Piero's input was far more difficult than Zalayeta's.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

The goal against Bayern was partly thanks to Zlatan, yes. However, it wasn't an assist and Juve was just lucky that the ball fell for del Piero.

Del Piero's goal against Siena was partly thanks to Zalayeta as well. BUT Zalayeta's assist wasn't all that good and del Piero took it quite brilliantly. That was by no means an easy goal and del Piero's input was far more difficult than Zalayeta's.
So here I would like to raise a question, why the goal against Milan is due to Del Piero only and only Del Piero where trezeguet was lucky to receive such an assist from Il Capitano - the one and only, the one without we wouldn't have won anything - the miserable that is substituted every game and does not complain?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by vlatko ] ++
you really don't like del piero, do you jeeks? :D
I don't like generalizations actually. As for Del Piero of course I like him, he's one of my favourite players. He charmed me when he was taking Baggio's place in the team, I felt sad when he got injured and sadder every time I waited for him to come back. On the other hand, I am sick of the overhype he gets from certain members on this board and even more sick on how touchy these members are.

Jan 7, 2004

compare the way zalayeta dribled the player(s) to what del piero does most of time he has the ball.

OP
lestat_1987

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #53
    Jeeks is right about the goal at Milan...bnut I still think our defensive play is the strongest we...Buffon-Canna-Emerson

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

compare the way zalayeta dribled the player(s) to what del piero does most of time he has the ball.
    He went past one player, who actually defended rather foolishly. Del Piero could have made that dribble as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

So here I would like to raise a question, why the goal against Milan is due to Del Piero only and only Del Piero where trezeguet was lucky to receive such an assist from Il Capitano - the one and only, the one without we wouldn't have won anything - the miserable that is substituted every game and does not complain?
    Because it really was mainly del Piero's goal, Jeeks. It's onjly fair to admit it should be an easy job for a forward to finish that one off. It was close to goal at perfect height for a header. Not to mention that Trezeguet's header wasn't even that good.

Jan 7, 2004

Because it really was mainly del Piero's goal, Jeeks. It's onjly fair to admit it should be an easy job for a forward to finish that one off. It was close to goal at perfect height for a header. Not to mention that Trezeguet's header wasn't even that good.

that what makes del pieros finish against siena harder than trezeguets. i would actually think that it would have been harder for trezeguet

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

So why is that a Del Piero goal and Bayern's goal also a Del Piero goal. Where is the assist given credit and where is the goal given credit?

Judging from your answer I can get an answer for my question.

An assist is given the most credit when Del Piero does it.
    A goal is given the most credit when Del Piero does it.

You know what, it is really difficult to discuss something with you (not you in particular), just because you are a bunch of stubborn blinded people who are very touchy about any remark

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    You mean Trezeguet's header was more difficult because he had to score?
    I just think that for a forward of his calibre it was pretty much a tap in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)