Who is better - Henry or Del Piero (7 Viewers)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
I'll say just one thing to the likes of sparty and dee dee: re-watch the tape of our final against Borussia(which we unfortunately lost) and look at DP's backheel goal. It's enough to realize who Alessandro Del Piero was, and who he'll be again and again.

Qui vivra verra, as the French say

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Interesting...if Delpiero doesnt win seire A is because he is shit...if delpiero winsm he is still shit but the other juve player are the good ones...

Fortunately, your opinion is not the same of Moggi, Bettega or Agnelli...and their opinion is the one that counts..im with them

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
I'll say just one thing to the likes of sparty and dee dee: re-watch the tape of our final against Borussia(which we unfortunately lost) and look at DP's backheel goal. It's enough to realize who Alessandro Del Piero was, and who he'll be again and again.

Qui vivra verra, as the French say
hmmm interesting...The backheel...yes that makes him a super player! I forgot about that...just like u forgot the other 3 finals where he didn't do shit...

Chi vivrá vedrá is not french, its italian...

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Interesting...if Delpiero doesnt win seire A is because he is shit...if delpiero winsm he is still shit but the other juve player are the good ones...

Fortunately, your opinion is not the same of Moggi, Bettega or Agnelli...and their opinion is the one that counts..im with them
Sorry bro but that is not true. I remarked in one of my eralier post that is not DP's fault when Juve loses a league or a final. Juve is formed by 11 players. Dp contributes like everyone else, if the team doesn't do good is not DP's fault. He can contribute for good or for bad but its not entirely his faul or merit the fate of the team.

Now, why do I want DP out? Well because I think there could be better players out there that would do better than him. Even Miccoli could do better, but till now he has been closed by DP and Di Vaio and he needs regular play in order to exploit his potential and gain confidence.

Does it mean that is DP fault just because we want him out of course not. Juve needs not only to sell DP, but bunch of other players as well.

We need to rejuvinate the defence for instance or find some creative midfielders.

DP along this years has failed to come back.Yes he scored some goals in the past two years but agaisnt who? was he decisive in big matches (please don't say against real cuz real defence sucks ass even an amateur can score against them)? **** even inzaghi scored goals with Juve is he first class player like Ronaldo?

Now that Lippi goes I hope there will be restructuration in every way. I'm not shy to say that I would love to see DP out of Juventus and let maybe Miccoli take his place.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

hmmm interesting...The backheel...yes that makes him a super player! I forgot about that...just like u forgot the other 3 finals where he didn't do shit...

Chi vivrá vedrá is not french, its italian...
Mr Sparty my mather tongue is French si I can assure you "Qui vivra verra " is in french

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Sorry bro but that is not true. I remarked in one of my eralier post that is not DP's fault when Juve loses a league or a final. Juve is formed by 11 players. Dp contributes like everyone else, if the team doesn't do good is not DP's fault. He can contribute for good or for bad but its not entirely his faul or merit the fate of the team.

Now, why do I want DP out? Well because I think there could be better players out there that would do better than him. Even Miccoli could do better, but till now he has been closed by DP and Di Vaio and he needs regular play in order to exploit his potential and gain confidence.

Does it mean that is DP fault just because we want him out of course not. Juve needs not only to sell DP, but bunch of other players as well.

We need to rejuvinate the defence for instance or find some creative midfielders.

very respectable opinion...but i stick with Moggi,bettega and agnelli way to see things....no offense....

DP along this years has failed to come back.Yes he scored some goals in the past two years but agaisnt who? was he decisive in big matches (please don't say against real cuz real defence sucks ass even an amateur can score against them)? **** even inzaghi scored goals with Juve is he first class player like Ronaldo?

Now that Lippi goes I hope there will be restructuration in every way. I'm not shy to say that I would love to see DP out of Juventus and let maybe Miccoli take his place.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Not much but thats because he has a confidence problem and he knows if he plays like that then he will get fouled everytime. He keeps it simple. He limits running at defenders thats just the way hes played after 98.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002

When is the last time that u saw DP using his "dribbling skills" to go past someone?

last game against lecce man!!!:fero::fero:

u have to watch the video "100 Goals of Del Piero"....and then u see that he always came back....like this time! :cool:

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dee dee ] ++
denco, i think u have overstepped the mark here.

for dp's infamous corner kicks, check out the first game he played in the 1998 WC, that being the second game Italy played. My point of comparing him to Henry obviously stings people like you who cannot accept that he is no longer in his prime although you do accept that there are others who are better than him currently.
The forum is very open and I don't think we really mind you starting these threads but just confused on why you started it since you obviously think Henry is better? Plus what's the relevance of it? Second don't accuse Denco or anyone of us for this matter that we 'cant accept DP is no longer in his prime.' If you read Denco's posts enough you'll know that he's very honest and realistic bout things, and if DP was REALLY bad I'm sure he'll admit it. Weak argument that was.

Quite obviously, you are also blind to the fact that DP is very inefficient in terms of ball possession, either losing them or making inconsequential passes. And do not come back with the point that he is always tightly marked. Van Nisterooy, Henry, Raul are also tightly shackled and do not lose the ball as frequently as he does. Defenders in Serie A also regard him as an easy defensive assignment, being a one-trick horse. Is that world class technique some of you are alluding to?
These players you mentioned are world class but I don't think they're as under enormous pressure as Del Piero. Serie A is different in terms of everything, and the pressure is bigger there and the fact that DP still survives says something. Bring on Nistelrooy and Henry here and see how they cope with everything. Second of all I don't think DP is that inefficient. In fact IMO DP brings up the standard of the game higher than Nistelrooy, Henry or Raul. DP is not only a mere striker, but also a creator. He contributes SO much more in a game and PLEASE even if he's not as good as he was, I admit that, but he is still capable of destroying teams even after all those he went through and if that's not good enough I don't know what is.

Secondly, you are downgrading the other 10 players that play with DP when he won the 5 scudettos. Wonder why journalists never rave about how DP carrying a team while they have said that when Platini, Zidane and Baggio played for Juve? Its in fact a well-known fact that he has always choked in the grand final and the WC stage - it is also known in the Serie A that he is weak in terms of confidence. That Dp scores 16 goals and Juve wins the scudetto is testimony of the fact that the team as a whole plays well! He alone did not tear defences apart single handedly! For the umpteen time, a player's championship medals does not reflect his PERSONAL greatness. As Graham had stated, that line of argument would make Phil Neville a better player than DP, something I think not!
OF COURSE Del Piero is not the SOLE reason of Juve's success, that's just stupid because football is a team game. But one must never deny Del Piero was, and still is one of the golden jewels that shine for Juve. Like I said, good or not or whatever Del Piero still has the impact and still gives the utmost contribution for Juve, which helped them to achieve great things. And talk about choking in big games, fine, let him play until the semis and bench him for the final. Don't look at one thing, look at the overall picture. Without some of DP's goals we won't even BE in big games.

And I am different from you because I choose to believe that DP is no longer beneficial to Juve and that the club need to let him go in order to progress. Whether I am wrong, only time will tell.
You are of course entitled to your own opinion. You asked for our opinion and we gave ours, we in retrospect think DP is STILL beneficial. Happy?

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #176
    sallyinzhaghi,

befor u go respond to my comments, go find out what journalists covering the Serie A are saying based on their contacts in the game about DP. Am merely reiterating what has been said about DP such he is a one-trick horse and low in confidence.

And i think you are far too young to comment about arguments. Are u in law or have done philosophy? I have done both and allow me to tell you that in the form of discussing arguments (and assessing whether they are weak or invalid), you do not quote out of context (e.g partial argument) and rebut the argument. DUH! Your premise that I have said only certain things (while removing my latter parts of my argument) renders the premise false and therefore YOUR conclusion that my arguement is weak is INVALID. Denco is still insistent that DP is great and I do not think so. My point is that the criticism of DP is not tolerated by the likes of Denco and that is why he has reacted so defensively and personally (like I am towards you now).

As for the comment about someone being stupid by using the individual's medals as a benchmark of his greatness, glad that we are on the same page on it though I do not recall you telling that person that he is stupid to even bring this up.

I would love for DP to be compared fairly. Van Nisterooy, Henry and Raul think poorly of the Serie A, it having lost its appeal to these top class attacking players, and would never consider coming here anymore. While some of you may claim that they are too afraid that they would not do well in Serie A, and therefore would not come to play in Italy, that is not the point. DP should go play in the Primera or the EPL and show the world what he can do, so that people like me can shut my mouth. Just want him out of Juventus coz the club has let players far better than him go and have still remained among the top clubs in Europe. DP will be gone soon and Juventus will still be great.

Meanwhile, those DP fans masquerading as Juve fans, many true blue Juve fans want them out of sight too. Nothing irks me more than DP=Juve and Juve =DP.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    sallyinzhaghi,

befor u go respond to my comments, go find out what journalists covering the Serie A are saying based on their contacts in the game about DP. Am merely reiterating what has been said about DP such he is a one-trick horse and low in confidence.

And i think you are far too young to comment about arguments. Are u in law or have done philosophy? I have done both and allow me to tell you that in the form of discussing arguments (and assessing whether they are weak or invalid), you do not quote out of context (e.g partial argument) and rebut the argument.....
    Geez..you have done law and philosophy and you use as proof of evidence what JOURNALIST IN THE SERIE A ARE SAYING BASED ON THEIR CONTACTS IN THE GAME ?????.....C`mon.....its a joke or what ???

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #178
    eaglesnake,

please kindly read the thread properly before shooting your mouth off. The matter of reiterating what the journalists had said about DP and what SallyInzhaghi had said about my purportedly weak arguments are two different matters. My message to SallyInzhaghi is one of form and rules of arguement - where did proof of evidence come in???

for your information, you can choose to disregard what these journalists say. They are not in a court and do not have to provide proof of evidence, as often their writings assume an editorial nature, being based on their perceptions of DP's performances on the field. Of course, you can take it upon yourself to sue these journalists for slandering DP as a player since you insist on proof of evidence.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    you accuse him of leaving out bits of your arguement, yet you ignore some of his arguement too. Walking contradiction folks or what??:D

Aug 1, 2003
    sallyinzhaghi,

And I am merely disagreeing, is that a sin? You came and asked who is better, Henry or Del Piero and I fairly gave my answer. I respect your opinion on Del Piero and I'm just telling my side of the story. In case you didn't notice it's a public forum. and it is also my decision to agree or disagree with journalists. yes there are journalists who diss Del Piero and to them they think DP sucks, there are also journalists who love DP who think DP is great, and in my own very mind I choose the latter. Everyone has opinions and entitled to it.

And i think you are far too young to comment about arguments. Are u in law or have done philosophy? I have done both and allow me to tell you that in the form of discussing arguments (and assessing whether they are weak or invalid), you do not quote out of context (e.g partial argument) and rebut the argument. DUH! Your premise that I have said only certain things (while removing my latter parts of my argument) renders the premise false and therefore YOUR conclusion that my arguement is weak is INVALID. Denco is still insistent that DP is great and I do not think so. My point is that the criticism of DP is not tolerated by the likes of Denco and that is why he has reacted so defensively and personally (like I am towards you now).
    FFS woman! Was there any statement in this forum that I need to go by some guideline on HOW to argue? What's important is that I GAVE it, no matter if I quote or unquote you. And what latter parts of your argument? I quoted what I disagreed with, did you expect me to highlight your other arguments and state "oh yes I agree with this?"

DID YOU REALLY EXPECT to post this thread in a JUVENTUS forum, Henry vs Del Piero and someone won't defend Del Piero? Then if you did you need some real reality check, miss. You ASKED for it: Ehem: "WHO IS BETTER - HENRY OR DEL PIERO" and when the likes of Denco gave their valid arguments its not tolerated because they still think DP is great? If you don't think so and you can't tolerate it don't post threads like these!! What is the whole fukkin point?

As for the comment about someone being stupid by using the individual's medals as a benchmark of his greatness, glad that we are on the same page on it though I do not recall you telling that person that he is stupid to even bring this up.
    there are some things in life that you would rather keep to yourself. I don't find the necessity of telling someone that he's stupid because he's entitled to his own opinion, something I find you couldn't accept.

I would love for DP to be compared fairly. Van Nisterooy, Henry and Raul think poorly of the Serie A, it having lost its appeal to these top class attacking players, and would never consider coming here anymore. While some of you may claim that they are too afraid that they would not do well in Serie A, and therefore would not come to play in Italy, that is not the point. DP should go play in the Primera or the EPL and show the world what he can do, so that people like me can shut my mouth. Just want him out of Juventus coz the club has let players far better than him go and have still remained among the top clubs in Europe. DP will be gone soon and Juventus will still be great.
    The reason why SOME of us wants DP still in Juve is because in our eyes he's still important and still contributing. and please over the years its quite obvious some outsiders come to italy and choke, hence its reputation. I am merely repeating that. I think Nistelrooy, Henry and Raul are great but I also think DP is too, and that's that. I don't claim they're AFRAID of coming here, I just think it's a different league and situation and pressure altogether and DP being in the toughest scenario.

Meanwhile, those DP fans masquerading as Juve fans, many true blue Juve fans want them out of sight too. Nothing irks me more than DP=Juve and Juve =DP.
    I don't believe any player should be above Juve and that includes Del Piero. If one day I find DP of no use and is a waste at Juve, trust me you would find me masquerading his sell. But unfortunately for you, I still think he has some use in Juventus.

Good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)