Who is better - Henry or Del Piero (7 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd like to see how many of our forum members will hang around if we sell Del Piero, Tacchinardi, Buffon, Nedved and Zambrotta.

Personally I started supporting Juve when Inzaghi was playing, and he was my favourite player. When he left, I was pissed, but by that time I realised that I actually supported the team rather than the player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would want to try if del piero will improve wth better passers around him.

He has been in bad form lately..and plus the injuries...well-..
but i would like to give him anotheer chance...with better tplayers around him.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Actually dee dee, I call it being innocent of blind loyalty. Blind loyalty prevents one from thinking straight, cos they're too busy saying "Del Piero is Juve and Juve is Del Piero! We can't succeed without him". Juventus has seen plenty of quality players come and go, and we're still one of the most succesful teams in Europe.
Graham, you are from Australia, have you ever been in Italy or Turin?, its very easy for you to say such things, you should know the extremely high status Del Piero has in Turin and Italy, and there is a reason for that, just download some goal clips from him, as lately from som friendly matches with Italy he has scored goals that no one can do better than him.
This lack of respect against Del Piero is a shame!!, and you call yourself Juve fans?.

Aug 27, 2003
well i dont think graham said he dosent like juve he is just thinking what benfeits juve and want more championships..
i mean trying to get some1 better than del piero..well at this season there r many player who r better than del piero
but u cannot comapre del piero to anyone imo..he has given so much and for him to get his spot on the national team wll be hard in the next matches he should pove to trap that he is worth calling up for portugal

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
He will be in portugal, wait and see. especially if trap uses the 4-2-3-1. I remeber Del Piero in the beginning of the season, September i think it was, i saw him in a friendly against Finland, he was just brilliant!, when he is in form and not injuried, he is the best.

This but since that he's been hit by injuries. He's always unlucky. Lets hope he avoids injuries next season, and you will all see the great old Del Piero!

Aug 27, 2003
he and many of the juve players were doing so well with the italian national team i hope trap does choose him becuase i have a feeling someone elese is going
although trap has already said that vieri,del piero and totti are deff coming along with him to portugal

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
come on goys how can you imagine azzuri without del piero? of course trap gonna take him to portugal. though the question is will Alex have a chance to appear in all matches and from the very beginning.

Aug 1, 2003
Same situation here Graham, I love my superpippo to death but yes he did leave but you don't see me changing teams do you?

The debate is going fairly well on Henry and Del Piero and it is fairly entertaining to see both sides of the story, and I respect anyone's opinions if Henry's better to them (though I might have sounded a bit harsh, sorry)

But let me say that my points are not based on just because I love Del Piero, and in fact seeing EPL every weekend and everything I know how good Henry is... but why I say Del Piero is better is solely because I DO indeed believe he is and if he's not, I won't be reluctant to admit it but to me facts are he IS better than Henry...

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
but why I say Del Piero is better is solely because I DO indeed believe he is and if he's not, I won't be reluctant to admit it but to me facts are he IS better than Henry...
well said :thumb::touched:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
u cant copmare them

btw henry still love juventus!!!:cool:

""Last year after the win at the Olimpico against Roma (3-1, hat-trick by Henry) we seemed unbeatable," he said. "And in fact since then we did not win, a run of 5 consecutive negative results. Arsenal are not among the greatest in the Champions League history. If you play with Milan or Real Madid, everyone expects you to win in Europe, but with Arsenal it's different. The favourites are the usual: Milan with their usual 0-0, 1-0, and naturally Real. Each year there is a surprise: I hope that this year's surprise team is us. I'm sorry for Juve's elimination."

Who will win the Italian league? "With my heart I reply Juventus, as a neutral spectator I say Roma. I still have many friends at Juve, Trezeguet, Thuram, Del Piero, Montero, Iuliano. Extraordinary guys. When I arrived there I was worried and scared. I was wrong. They made me feel at home right away. The best example is Del Piero, not only is he a great player, but also a wonderful person. In Turin on the pitch it didn't go well, but outside of the pitch it went very well. I still have beautiful memories of those 6 months, that's why I still side with Juve."

:cool::cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
Graham, you are from Australia, have you ever been in Italy or Turin?
No.
its very easy for you to say such things, you should know the extremely high status Del Piero has in Turin and Italy, and there is a reason for that, just download some goal clips from him, as lately from som friendly matches with Italy he has scored goals that no one can do better than him.
You speak as if I've never watched him play or downloaded video clips; in fact I've downloaded all of his goals since I started supporting Juve
This lack of respect against Del Piero is a shame!!, and you call yourself Juve fans?.
So people who don't idolise Del Piero and overlook shortcomings aren't Juve fans? Come on man, just look at his inconsistent performances over the past few years. I respect him as a player and a true gentleman, but in terms of his performances on the pitch, I've been disappointed year after year.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
come on goys how can you imagine azzuri without del piero? of course trap gonna take him to portugal. though the question is will Alex have a chance to appear in all matches and from the very beginning.
i hope he will

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I'd like to see how many of our forum members will hang around if we sell Del Piero, Tacchinardi, Buffon, Nedved and Zambrotta.
Well, we sold ZZ too... And Davids is gone, and so is VDS etc, etc... I think we all put the team interests first... I mean that how many turned their minds and started to support real when ZZ was sold?? Not many... Beckham is just one of a kind, you just can't compare any juventinis to beckham fans...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)