Which team do you like to be our next opponent in CL? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Because I entertain the thought of more than one Italian team making it far in the competition. If we get say Valencia now and lose, it won't make a difference, we would still have to beat clubs like that to win.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Because I entertain the thought of more than one Italian team making it far in the competition. If we get say Valencia now and lose, it won't make a difference, we would still have to beat clubs like that to win.
Yes, but to defeat AC Milan would give us confidence and eliminate the best competition. Surely this is just asa valuable if not more.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
I prefare to play against Arsenal .... so we can revenge our defeat against the english football (man united)
exactly. We need to rid ourselves of this inability to cope with the English game

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
i want it to be an all-italian final so that means i'd exclude milan for the quarters. the team that i prefer to meet in the quarter (not sure, but it seems likely we'll reach it) is arsenal. i'd love to beat that team as it would scream out to all english fans how lucky manchester got when they played against us.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
it would scream out to all english fans how lucky manchester got when they played against us.
despite the fact that they outclassed us, they were 'lucky' (?)(?)(?)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Lippi mentioned in his interview after the Basel game that he wants to face Barcelona. Not really the best opponent I would ask for, since spanish teams are always a handful for us :undecide:

If I could choose I would go for Milan. The reason is that I'm 99% sure we could beat them at home and away (which is really important as we suck at away matches) and beacuse we pretty much know everything about them. Their form is not tops either.

If not Milan, then Ajax. They are a good team, fresh and lively, but we have more experience and IMO would do much better than they.

Arsenal is the one team I beg on my knees not to face!

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Yeah, ManU got lucky with us that the whole team was out-of-synch. If we played them the way we play in Italy, i would have been a different story.

My opinion has changed regarding who I want us to face for the 1/4. I would rather have Milan because of some obvious reasons.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Barcelona too, for their defence is shocking with a goalkeeper who's simply a joke!

However, expect stats of 70%-30% in possession in favour of Barca..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeps,,,barcelona is the team.
i know that they are unstoppalble this year in champions, but, who cares?? it means nothing.
if you think it carefully, his defense have a lot of weak points, and they concede a lot of goals, more than juve. ok, now his strikers,,,the onluy problem could be saviola, cuz he is fast do a lot of assist, create goal opportunities and is accurate, but no more,,,kluivert with a good defender after him, will be a uselless,,,rikelme could be a problem, but no more.
bonano is not the great goalkeeper so we have a chance.
but i think in the other hand that milan is more dangerous and can give to juve a lot of problemsç

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
yeah...that would be good suggestions.....if i can choose our opponents....barca is my target....we have nothing to afraid....

i have a lot of confidence when we meet barca compared to arsenal, valencia, ajax or milan...

just imagine what reaction from barca supporters...if they lose in quater final..........

Aug 20, 2002
My choice would be Barca aswell i think there defence is still quite weak keeper always looks shakey although they are strong in the midfield and saviola is class, but i have a feeling we could beat them.

katarina

Mar 5, 2003
We will see on Friday when the quarter final draw is. I think that doesn´t matter who will be our opponent. But it´s right that every team of quarter finalists will be very danger. Can we get some Italian team? Or which team can we get?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by katarina ] ++
We will see on Friday when the quarter final draw is. I think that doesn´t matter who will be our opponent. But it´s right that every team of quarter finalists will be very danger. Can we get some Italian team? Or which team can we get?
I think juve can win against any one except arsenal , i dont know why juve dont know how to handle english style , i prefer to see juve against barca :D

katarina

Mar 5, 2003
Okey Barca, Milan or someone of group B. I would like to see Juve against Barcelona and we could beat them on Nou Camp. First match is played at home or out?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by katarina ] ++
Okey Barca, Milan or someone of group B. I would like to see Juve against Barcelona and we could beat them on Nou Camp. First match is played at home or out?
I think that the winners of the groups get the advantage of playing away in the first leg. However, it might be done in the draw too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)