Which team do you like to be our next opponent in CL? (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
What the hell is going on in here? Why are the threads too long?

And guys, do forgive me for I have a bad temper.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
Perhaps my last post was too long for the system to register it, so in case you're still here Paul, I'll just try and make sure it's evident that I've replied :).
No, it was there as far I could see, t even had caio at the end.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Glen,

a few minor points :

What we ask for is rarely what we get....we all have our cross to bare.

I must say i am somewhat pissed off if you did indeed not read my final post in our previous tacchi discussion, After being unable to get back to that for so long th4en spending so much time on it and obtaining the outlined info that is really gutting.... though the whole thread was deleted by someone who will remain nameless.
Anyway, no i didnt want to bring that discusion back as in my view it was done (though i thought you had read it all)
Iwas jus straightening aas you brought it up in return to my statement on occasions in the past you have categorically denied the use of stats.

The use of sorry was figurative, not apologising.... you know me better than that.

Call me thick but what is " The hermeneutic circle "

back to topic,

We have now both posted a couple of long winded posts...

You have posted a large number of stats that dont proove your point or mine... reading the stats gives a fairly middle ground to our discusion.
You have in no way shown my argument to be incorrect
You have in no way swayed my opinion

In return I have in no way prooved you wrong
I have in no way swayed your opinion

To me this is an unwinnable discusion for you, and the same goes for me...
Its an issue we will never agree on as we have vastly different conceptions of a good footballer (and football in general)

Anyway, If you want to I'll happily grind this out with you, but is there really a point

Your call

Mijvler Paul

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Well... I didn't mean to piss you off, but I honestly haven't seen that post in question :). That's a real shame. You know I would have liked to as we spent too much time on it to just leave it.

I'm quite OK with leaving this issue however. I just felt provoked by your post that I didn't offer anything (and the 'disappointed' thing, as I think it's such a patronizing term), when what I believe is that we just can't communicate on the issue as we speak from two different platforms. As such- I'd agree that we do have vastly different interpretations of good football. I'm propably quite likely to overrate certain players because of bias, just like I think you're doing with others.

I just propose that we will take it up to renewed contemplation at seasons end :).

Here's to windbaggery ;).

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++

I just propose that we will take it up to renewed contemplation at seasons end :).

Here's to windbaggery ;).
Seasons end ... most definately.... I will convert you to my thinking one day, you may as well jus accept it:)

Hail Windbaggery:D

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Only between Paul and I Tom :).
We have agreed that our differences on the issue are irreconcilable, and taht we won't pursuade one another... until he see's the error of his ways at seasons end :D .

You should definately carry on if you can find yourself someone to play with ;).

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
sure, but Paul has kinda covered all the angles here, so unless I get some inspiration you'll here nothing more from me on this matter ;)

or of course if someone decides to quote one of my earlier posts and disagrees with it :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
sure, but Paul has kinda covered all the angles here, so unless I get some inspiration you'll here nothing more from me on this matter ;)
or of course if someone decides to quote one of my earlier posts and disagrees with it :D
You ask and you shall recieve:

From my viewpoint the criticism of Trez is fair in this thread, though obviously comapring him to zizou is ridiculous. Do you feel the criticism is unfounded?
Trez is a better player than Zizou will ever be or ever has been at any position. :D

Jul 12, 2002
:LOL: brilliant, insightful comment there!

you don't actually want a response do you? ;)
Come now, I'm sure that we can make a debate of this, if you try...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)