which one of our current players is a juventus legend..other than dp? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

:wth: Tacchi is one of the four that has won 15 trophies with Juventus, one more than Scirea!! Pessotto isn't far behind with his 13 trophies won. Both are pets of Curva no matter what you think and their heart without a doubt pumps black&white blood. What more do you need to do to become a legend then? I haven't forgot the years, they'll always be legends to me and many others.
Don't get me wrong, Tacchinardi and Pessotto have been wonderful players for Juve and have won a great deal, but does winning a lot of trophies make you a legend? I think not as thirty years from now Roque Junior can tell his grandchildren that he won the World Cup, the Copa Sudamericana, Serie A and the Champions League, the four most prestigious competitions that he could possibly have won, but he isn't even a good player, farless a legend. No offence to Tacchi or Pesso, they were fantastic Bianconero servants, but I don't quite see them as legends. Oh and btw, Scirea's footballing career was tragically cut short so don't compare what Tacchinardi and Pessotto won to what Gaetano achieved. Had he not died he could have won a lot more.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
Zizou could easily make it there if only he spent few more years with us... still ppl will remmber his name as the French greatest legend of all times...

From late 90s to mid 2000 no Juve player is qualified to be described as a living legend apart from ALEX the great...
In the last decade or so there have been IMO two Juventus legends; Ciro Ferrara and Alex Del Piero.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Juve Legends at this inminent moment? at the club?

Trezeguet, coz his scoring achivements
Nedved, becouse he won the Golden Boot with Juve
Zambrotta.

Obioulsy besides Del Piero

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Juve Legends at this inminent moment? at the club?

Trezeguet, coz his scoring achivements
Nedved, becouse he won the Golden Boot with Juve
Zambrotta.

Obioulsy besides Del Piero

Cam and Buffon, too. :)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Well I wouldn't put Camo just yet... but Definitly Buffon yes, I can't believe I forgot him...:wallbang:
Cam may be the in the top 2 or 3 at his position right now. His pass to was it Zalayeta, was brilliant.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
well yeah, but to be a legend I think you had to have some achivements in the team, and not only have won Scudettos... Trez will be a legend becouse his scoring achivements, Nedved becouse he won the Golden Boot, Buffon becouse he has won the "Best Goalkeeper" like 2 or 3 times in Juventus, and Zambrotta coz he was consider the best in his position at one moment...

Camoranesi plays great, but he hasn't achieve in his position, like you said, probably he is one of the best in his position, but he is not THE best... not yet... :D

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #49
    if trezeguet is a legend,then maybe u ppl call pippo a legend too?
    he acheived more at the club than trez and he was a gret finisher.

bottomline-i dont think trez is a juve legend,neither is pippo.
    trez wud surely qualify as a french legend at juventus,but a JUVENTUS legend..i wudnt call him one.buffon,zambrotta arent legends as yet by a mile.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

In the last decade or so there have been IMO two Juventus legends; Ciro Ferrara and Alex Del Piero.
    your right....and for some other player of our rooster, to become a legend will take some years of great playing.....

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Oh and btw, Scirea's footballing career was tragically cut short so don't compare what Tacchinardi and Pessotto won to what Gaetano achieved. Had he not died he could have won a lot more.
    :howler: Learn your facts boy, that's not even true. Don't come to teach me when you don't know your facts. He retired on the summer of '88 and died in September 3 1989. I don't think that they count the trophies that scouts won.

And I honestly do think Tacchinardi and Pessotto are legends, after all topic says we are talking about JUVENTUS legends. Furino didn't have very impressive record with Azzurri (only 3 caps!) either but everybody count him as legend... Why not Tacchi then? Yes, Tacchi played little more than hundred games less for Juve, but still...

edit:
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    if trezeguet is a legend,then maybe u ppl call pippo a legend too?
    he acheived more at the club than trez and he was a gret finisher.
    On what basis do you claim that? Pippo played only four seasons for Juve (165 matches/89 goals) and won only one scudetto, one Italian supercup and one intertoto cup.

Trez on the other hand is one of Curva's favourites, has played 174 games for Juve so far while scoring 102 times. He has won pretty much everything except CL during his career. During his almost 6 year spell with Juve he has won so far 3 scudetti and 2 Italian supercups. Obviously better stats than Pippo's?! As Kaiser Franco said on some other topic where he compared Milan's and Juve's legendary players, Trezeguet is very underrated, he's one of the best strikers Juve ever had.

Learn your facts before posting anything.

Dec 26, 2004

Don't get me wrong, Tacchinardi and Pessotto have been wonderful players for Juve and have won a great deal, but does winning a lot of trophies make you a legend? I think not as thirty years from now Roque Junior can tell his grandchildren that he won the World Cup, the Copa Sudamericana, Serie A and the Champions League, the four most prestigious competitions that he could possibly have won, but he isn't even a good player, farless a legend. No offence to Tacchi or Pesso, they were fantastic Bianconero servants, but I don't quite see them as legends. Oh and btw, Scirea's footballing career was tragically cut short so don't compare what Tacchinardi and Pessotto won to what Gaetano achieved. Had he not died he could have won a lot more.

Spot on...
    And if we r talkin about who might become a Juve legend out of our current team then I guess Buffon, Nedved, Zambrotta stand with a resonable chances...
    BTW I cann't believe I missed CIRO :wallbang:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Spot on...
    How on Earth is it spot on? We're talking about JUVE legends here. Roque Junior can hardly count himself as a Milan legend, the fact is that he played only three seasons there and never really impressed that much. And not to mention the Stuart's "facts" about Scirea.

edit: And yes, check my last post's edited part people.

Dec 26, 2004

How on Earth is it spot on? We're talking about JUVE legends here. Roque Junior can hardly count himself as a Milan legend, the fact is that he played only three seasons there and never really impressed that much. And not to mention the Stuart's "facts" about Scirea.

edit: And yes, check my last post's edited part people.

With all due respect to Tacchi and Pessotto they don't qualify to the term JUVE LEGEND...
    During thier spells with Juve they prove how much they belong to this jersey not to mention the amount of major honores they own... but was Tacchi a major element in the Juve that own all of those titles??? I can recall two great seasons by him in 2003 and Ancelloti's first season with us do ya consider it enough???
    Does Maldini and Sheva qualify as a Rossenero legend??? yes obviously they r...
    J.Zanneti and Vieri for Inter... sure they r there...
    But if ya ask any Rossenero supporter if he consider Tacchi or Pessotto as Juve all time legends ya might risk seeing him laughing at yar face...

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    In order to answer this question, look at how many legends there are overall and then you get thew picture of how hard it is to qualify...
    So don´t bring up 4-5 players in this team. Has there ever been more than one legend playing at the time?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
    Has there ever been more than one legend playing at the time?
    :wth:

Obviously not if many of you say so... :rolleyes: Learn your history people.

82, the year of 20th scudetto - Scirea, Zoff, Furino, Cabrini, Rossi, Tardelli, Gentile, Brady etc. etc.

or 85, the first European Cup - Platini, Boniek, Tacconi + many I mentioned above etc.

You're honestly telling me they're not legends?

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    :wth:
    Obviously not if many of you say so... :rolleyes: Learn your history people.
    82, the year of 20th scudetto - Scirea, Zoff, Furino, Cabrini, Rossi, Tarelli, Gentile, Brady etc. etc.
    or 85, the first European Cup - Platini, Boniek, Tacconi + many I mentioned above etc.
    You're honestly telling me they're not legends?
    You caught me with my hand in the jar...
    I had absolutley no idee wtf i wrote. Just felt like everybody wanted to put the entire team in as legends.

Your right!!!
    But look at the placement that year even with all the legends...;)
    CLASSIFICA (FINAL TABLE) In casa In trasferta Totale Reti Punti
    Incontri V. N. P. V. N. P. V. N. P. A. P.
    1.VERONA 30 9 5 1 6 8 1 15 13 2 42 19 43
    2.Torino 30 9 4 2 5 7 3 14 11 5 36 22 39
    3.Internazionale 30 11 4 0 2 8 5 13 12 5 42 28 38
    4.Sampdoria 30 9 5 1 3 8 4 12 13 5 36 21 37
    5.Milan 30 8 4 3 4 8 3 12 12 6 31 25 36
    6.Juventus 30 8 5 2 3 9 3 11 14 5 48 33 36
    7.Roma 30 7 7 1 3 7 5 10 14 6 33 25 34
    8.Napoli 30 8 6 1 2 7 6 10 13 7 34 29 33
    9.Fiorentina 30 6 6 3 2 7 6 8 13 9 33 31 29
    10.Atalanta 30 5 9 1 0 9 6 5 18 7 20 32 28
    11.Como 30 5 10 0 1 3 11 6 13 11 17 27 25
    12.Udinese 30 7 4 4 3 1 11 10 5 15 43 46 25
    13.Avellino 30 6 7 2 1 4 10 7 11 12 27 33 25
    14.Ascoli 30 4 8 3 0 6 9 4 14 12 24 40 22
    15.Lazio 30 2 7 6 0 4 11 2 11 17 16 45 15
    16.Cremonese 30 4 6 5 0 1 14 4 7 19 22 48 15

EDIT: Yeah..., i know. They won the year efter... This is the 84/85 season...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    With all due respect to Tacchi and Pessotto they don't qualify to the term JUVE LEGEND...
    During thier spells with Juve they prove how much they belong to this jersey not to mention the amount of major honores they own... but was Tacchi a major element in the Juve that own all of those titles??? I can recall two great seasons by him in 2003 and Ancelloti's first season with us do ya consider it enough???
    Does Maldini and Sheva qualify as a Rossenero legend??? yes obviously they r...
    J.Zanneti and Vieri for Inter... sure they r there...
    But if ya ask any Rossenero supporter if he consider Tacchi or Pessotto as Juve all time legends ya might risk seeing him laughing at yar face...
    So because you and many others are underrating defensive duties, abilities, black&white heart and Tacchinardi it means that he's not a legend? Because you overrate strikers and attacking midfielders like the rest of the world defenders or defensive midfielders can't be legendary? Or just because Juventus tends to grow great personalities and players more than other clubs only fewer get the status of legend? I don't think so.

And that rossenero :)howler:) comparison... You honestly think that for example Furino was appreciated in the rivals' camps? Just ask Rivera what he thinks about "Furia"... I'd put Tacchinardi in the same class with him, hated by the others, loved by his own people, just like Juventus itself.

But as Fliakis said, we'll see for sure in ten years. I honestly believe that guys like Tacchinardi and Pessotto will be remembered just like Furino and Brio etc. etc. Maybe not as flashy and mediasexy legends as, say, Platini, but still more or less legendary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)