which one of our current players is a juventus legend..other than dp? (6 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
You caught me with my hand in the jar...
I had absolutley no idee wtf i wrote. Just felt like everybody wanted to put the entire team in as legends.

Your right!!!
But look at the placement that year even with all the legends...;)

EDIT: Yeah..., i know. They won the year efter... This is the 84/85 season...
mmmm, why can't a entire team be legendary?

Hellas did the famous miracle back then, so what? Look who won European cup back then!! By the way, did you know the fact that 84/85 was the only season when the referees to the Serie A games were selected totally random?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
mmmm, why can't a entire team be legendary?
You mean as Real Madrid? ;)

Hellas did the famous miracle back then, so what? Look who won European cup back then!! By the way, did you know the fact that 84/85 was the only season when the referees to the Serie A games were selected totally random?
Had no idea.
But as you said. Thatr team had maybe as many as 5-6 legendary players...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
furino,cabrini and gentile are legends???

thats new to me.
and i suppose u call gianluca vialli a juventus legend too?
:LOL: Whooa, you're surely funny. No wonder that Shadowfax encouraged everyone to ask everything from you first.

Furino, Cabrini and Vialli, the past captains that won pretty much everything with Juve aren't legends? Yeah, right.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
You mean as Real Madrid? ;)
Can't understand what you meant with that?! But honestly, why can't (almost) an entire team be legendary? I believe that for example the teams that won European cup and CL for Juve are classics, legendary.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Can't understand what you meant with that?! But honestly, why can't (almost) an entire team be legendary? I believe that for example the teams that won European cup and CL for Juve are classics, legendary.
Simpley because in that case there is no difference between DP and Canna. Both legends in a legendary team. It surley is a title to hand out in modesty...

Ps. The example of DP and Canna is an example, nothing more nothing less. Ds.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++
Zidane without a doubt. How long has he been with us? 5 years? During which he won the WC, EC, a few Scudetti, the golden boot, etc. During which he become the player that he [is] today.
ffs..

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Simpley because in that case there is no difference between DP and Canna. Both legends in a legendary team. It surley is a title to hand out in modesty...

Ps. The example of DP and Canna is an example, nothing more nothing less. Ds.
Well of course some legends are bigger than the others. If this years Juve wins CL, then I can't see a single reason why Cannavaro, Vieira, Émerson and few others who even haven't been at Juve that long will be remembered as legendary. And once again, Platini played for Juve for five seasons, Brady played only 2 seasons for Juve, and still they are remembered as legends. Why wouldn't that be the case if Cannavaro and others achieve something great too?

++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

ffs..
you summarized it well as always.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++And once again, Platini played for Juve for five seasons, Brady played only 2 seasons for Juve, and still they are remembered as legends. Why wouldn't that be the case if Cannavaro and others achieve something great too?
There is no right and wrong. Just a matter of opinion.
Two seasons does not make a lagend. It might make a lagendary player, but not teamwize...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

There is no right and wrong. Just a matter of opinion.
Two seasons does not make a lagend. It might make a lagendary player, but not teamwize...
True that. I referred to Brady because of this. By the way, you got the book that I recommended?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
if trezeguet is a legend,then maybe u ppl call pippo a legend too?
he acheived more at the club than trez and he was a gret finisher.

bottomline-i dont think trez is a juve legend,neither is pippo.

Give Trez another 3 years at the club and watch how he makes the goalscoring record his. If that wont qualify him as a legend AXL, nothing will. You need to identify the players in proportion to the time spent at the club to make a more appropriate judgment. Trezeguet, in my opinion will eventually break the goalscoring records at Juventus, thereby becoming a legend.

Dec 26, 2004

So because you and many others are underrating defensive duties, abilities, black&white heart and Tacchinardi it means that he's not a legend? Because you overrate strikers and attacking midfielders like the rest of the world defenders or defensive midfielders can't be legendary? Or just because Juventus tends to grow great personalities and players more than other clubs only fewer get the status of legend? I don't think so.
I will not put a lot of effort to reply on this part... just check my post about Maldini to see how much I underrate defensive duties

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13032&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=2

And that rossenero :)howler:) comparison... You honestly think that for example Furino was appreciated in the rivals' camps? Just ask Rivera what he thinks about "Furia"... I'd put Tacchinardi in the same class with him, hated by the others, loved by his own people, just like Juventus itself.
What r ya talkin about has nothing to do with my point... even DP isn't that popular nor appreciated by the rivals fans... and since we r talkin about Juve's legend WTF should I care about this point, I've only mention those names to open yar eyes to the fact that Tacchi and Pessotto cann't be classified as ALL TIMES LEGENDS...

But as Fliakis said, we'll see for sure in ten years. I honestly believe that guys like Tacchinardi and Pessotto will be remembered just like Furino and Brio etc. etc. Maybe not as flashy and mediasexy legends as, say, Platini, but still more or less legendary.
Fair Enough...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

I will not put a lot of effort to reply on this part... just check my post about Maldini to see how much I underrate defensive duties

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13032&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=2
Whoa, one post praising Maldini, that certainly tells it all. :thumb:

++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
What r ya talkin about has nothing to do with my point... even DP isn't that popular nor appreciated by the rivals fans... and since we r talkin about Juve's legend WTF should I care about this point, I've only mention those names to open yar eyes to the fact that Tacchi and Pessotto cann't be classified as ALL TIMES LEGENDS...
Actually Del Piero is pretty much respected for a Juve player. Tacchinardi and Pessotto definitely have done enough to earn their places among the legendary status or give just one single reason why they aren't good enough to be classified as legends. They've played throughout many seasons with Juventus, the Italian royals and they've pretty much won everything. Like I said earlier:

...just because Juventus tends to grow great personalities and players more than other clubs only fewer get the status of legend? I don't think so.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #78

:LOL: Whooa, you're surely funny. No wonder that Shadowfax encouraged everyone to ask everything from you first.

Furino, Cabrini and Vialli, the past captains that won pretty much everything with Juve aren't legends? Yeah, right.
    being the first captain to win something makes you legendary?

i rest my case.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    :howler:

So being captain of Juventus doesn't mean a thing? Right. "Senza di te non andremo lontano xxxxx il nostro capitano"

edit: Nah why bother, you wouldn't know nor care. :dontcare: :yawn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)