Where are you guys? (1 Viewer)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Here's my stance on this. I don't have much time really so I'll try to keep it short.

This method does look effective, IMO. On the other hand, I do understand why people complain about it as it does look a bit hard. Considering that I've followed Italian sites trying to read some news and post it here, watched some streams with Italian commentator etc. I'd say I have a better starting point than some here. On the other hand, that better ground is like 5-10% more, so people shouldn't think of me as an expert because I'm not one.

The thing is, I can understand a pretty big part of the conversation. I play the video and read the lines in Italian, what's written below. Based on a topic I'd say I understand like 70-80% of it. After that I read the English version and see what were those words confusing me to begin with. When it comes to that dialog, Janna, you shouldn't worry about it. I mean, I was most copying Martin's text and changing some parts where I have used online dictionary for the other half, trying to make a correct sentence. Hell, sometimes I write what I think it should be correct and guess what, I made tons of mistakes. Like Klin said, I find it very hard to step on another level and try to write something myself, let alone speak the same. If I had to write a short story I'd have to use dictionary for 95% of it, it's how weak I am. But I just try, no need to think I'm somehow ahead of you by miles, I just try.

It would be much easier for me if I had much time. There's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now and I'm very nervous and short on time. I have a lot of drama and exams coming up. As for the course itself, I like it and I find it very useful. So I can only say thanks to Martin and Kate for doing this.

I agree with you. I can appreciate how you feel as I feel the same. As for the emboldened part, I bet I make more mistakes than you, but sometimes you can learn by them.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm sorry Martino, I never responded to your initial invite but I wanted to let you know that you're doing a great job.

Keep on trucking

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    I'm sorry Martino, I never responded to your initial invite but I wanted to let you know that you're doing a great job.

Keep on trucking
    Thanks a lot, Dru. I never responded to your initial reply but I wanted to let you know that you're going a great job!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey @Martin, now that I've finished my degree (although I'll be doing some further study), I'm planning on following your course along with some other materials (audio lessons and the like).

Wish me luck!

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #33
    Hey @Martin, now that I've finished my degree (although I'll be doing some further study), I'm planning on following your course along with some other materials (audio lessons and the like).

Wish me luck!
    Sweet :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)