What will and what should become of the forums? (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
Look, you're all taking this out of context. Just becuase there is an initiative to keep threads on topic, does not mean that all discussion must be topical. The idea is to keep the threads to the topic that they are dealing with so that everyone can participate inthe discussion. When you allow a thread to go off topic and don't adress it, then the people who were talking about the original topic are estranged from the thread and it's not fair ot them.

Anyway, the point is that Forums can be easily ruined by changing the focus. This is a football forum, and I'd like to think that most of the people here are here to talk football. I like many people here and I'm glad that I have had personal discussions with them, but I don't let it get out of hand. I don't think that this forum has a purpose without the football.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Hi,

ok, i diddn'thave time yet to read through this whole thread.

Just 1 suggestion for now. (sori if it's been suggested already)

I think there are 2 types of threads which are clossed.

1. The rather ridiculous ..... ought to be clossed threads

2. The threads which were originally ok...... but got so badly derailed that they are totally different from the original topic.

For the 2nd type, maybe Martin or the mods give a warning 1st before closing them???

I mean.... like giving the thread a 2nd chance.....

You could say somthing like "This thread has gone seriously off topic...... If it continues any further like this...... the thread will be clossed"

Then see if peole care to clean up their act on that thread..... get back to topic etc.... If they don't.... then close it.

Al least this gives us a chance to try and do something if we really want to keep the thread. At least then, we can't balme the mods for being the sole decider for closing a thread cos we too can do something to prevent the closure.

What do you think?

Do i make sense? :undecide:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
My humble opinions:

Off topic posts: let the mods take care of it e.g. give warnings and reminders and stuff ; or add an "off-topic" smiley for general forum users to put on the threads.
Since Martin didn't get my meaning , I 'll elaborate a bit.

The warning part, other people had gone through quite a lot with it so I'll skip.

The "off-topic smiley" : in some forums there's a smiley named "off-topic" and I think it could be a nice way for non-moderators to give hints to the OT-doers in a thread. Like Sergie, I've tried to voice out my irritations re. serious OTs (chit-chats and flirtings etc) in a thread and what I got back was counter-attacks like "if you don't like it, don't bother come back here" I mean WTF! So a smiley could be a more subtle way to express our concerns without ourselves being caught in troubles. Just a friendly reminder. You know.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003

The warning part, other people had gone through quite a lot with it so I'll skip.

The "off-topic smiley" : in some forums there's a smiley named "off-topic" and I think it could be a nice way for non-moderators to give hints to the OT-doers in a thread. Like Sergie, I've tried to voice out my irritations re. serious OTs (chit-chats and flirtings etc) in a thread and what I got back was counter-attacks like "if you don't like it, don't bother come back here" I mean WTF! So a smiley could be a more subtle way to express our concerns without ourselves being caught in troubles. Just a friendly reminder. You know.
Meow, i've though abt warning too. read my above post. What do you think?

And the "off=topic" smilie ( :D :D ) i don't think this crowd would bother much with it.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
"off-topic" smiley used as nice friendly warning - I must have seen it somewhere before :p
;)

But sure whether people would see it as "friendly" or as a "warning" is beyond control......:D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well well well, until I came on here i honestly did not know that Buffon's forum was closed, and to be honest I hardly went there and never got to meet most of the members there as apart from a few never seemed to venture anywhere else which is a shame

Now this is my take on this, there is nothing wrong with a bit of humour here and there but it does become extremely annoying when the same ppl do the same things all the time
My point is when you try to be funny with what you regard as clever remarks, it could be funny initially but after a while it becomes tiresome and u start to bore the hell out of ppl

The one thing that some fail to understand is that not all ppl get to watch matches and they rely on ppl who have watched the game to give them feedback, but some ppl use that opportunity to totally talk about absolute crap, I have seen a match thread where almost 3 pages had nothing to do with the match, and thats so unfair to memeber or non-members who have looked forward to read how the match went on, but what do u get, some ppl talking about their personal lives

I also thought this forum had a policy of not dissing their own players past or present, okay a few banter about how terrible or otherwise a player is , thats okay but to have a whole thread named in a negative way to our player is disgusting to say the least. Another trend is to same something or start a thread not because you have anything concrete to say but for the sole purpose of being annoying, which is cool but like everything in life as long as its been overdone it becomes boring

There is an off-topic thread here which is cool but even the off topic threads seem to ironically go off-topic

So can we please try and much as possible to respect our fellow forum members and try to

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

I also thought this forum had a policy of not dissing their own players past or present, okay a few banter about how terrible or otherwise a player is , thats okay but to have a whole thread named in a negative way to our player is disgusting to say the least.

And why is that? Should we treat mediocre players as gods just because they play for us? What the hell is wrong with critisizing a player???

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    For the 2nd type, maybe Martin or the mods give a warning 1st before closing them???

I mean.... like giving the thread a 2nd chance.....

You could say somthing like "This thread has gone seriously off topic...... If it continues any further like this...... the thread will be clossed"

Then see if peole care to clean up their act on that thread..... get back to topic etc.... If they don't.... then close it.

Al least this gives us a chance to try and do something if we really want to keep the thread. At least then, we can't balme the mods for being the sole decider for closing a thread cos we too can do something to prevent the closure.

What do you think?

Do i make sense? :undecide:
    Well most of the threads that have been closed without notice are those with apparently no purpose from start to finish.

Yeah I get your point now. Any nominations for that smilie? :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    And why is that? Should we treat mediocre players as gods just because they play for us? What the hell is wrong with critisizing a player???
    Since you don't know the answer to this one, I'm glad you asked the question. The point isn't that players are gods and nothing bad should ever be said about them. The point is that a Juve forum like this attracts a lot of different people, some people are very passionate about their favorites and it isn't right to diss them. If you feel strongly about a player and people say he sucks, he's no good, that implies your opinion is good for nothing. When people jumped on Salihamidzic, did you feel offended? And even if you didn't, other people do react to this stuff and I think we should respect that.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Well well well, until I came on here i honestly did not know that Buffon's forum was closed, and to be honest I hardly went there and never got to meet most of the members there as apart from a few never seemed to venture anywhere else which is a shame
    Hi :) i'm from the new buffononline forum :D . Nice to meet you Denco :extatic:

I also thought this forum had a policy of not dissing their own players past or present, okay a few banter about how terrible or otherwise a player is , thats okay but to have a whole thread named in a negative way to our player is disgusting to say the least. Another trend is to same something or start a thread not because you have anything concrete to say but for the sole purpose of being annoying, which is cool but like everything in life as long as its been overdone it becomes boring

There is an off-topic thread here which is cool but even the off topic threads seem to ironically go off-topic

So can we please try and much as possible to respect our fellow forum members and try to
    Totally agree here!!!!

Btw, I think off topic thread is a good idea. Sometimes when i want to ask or say soemthing to a person..... i don't know where to post it and i don't want to start a new thread either.

Well most of the threads that have been closed without notice are those with apparently no purpose from start to finish
    @Martin: yes i realsie that this is mostly the case. This was a suggestion for threads that did originally have relavent topics but got off-topiced at a later stage. :)

Since you don't know the answer to this one, I'm glad you asked the question. The point isn't that players are gods and nothing bad should ever be said about them. The point is that a Juve forum like this attracts a lot of different people, some people are very passionate about their favorites and it isn't right to diss them. If you feel strongly about a player and people say he sucks, he's no good, that implies your opinion is good for nothing. When people jumped on Salihamidzic, did you feel offended? And even if you didn't, other people do react to this stuff and I think we should respect that.
    very right! :thumb:

@Vit: Yeah! :kiss:

as before i am sceptical (spelling :confused: ) about how sucessful that smilie may be.... but..... i may be wrong ;)

@ Sergio: I won't wait for your dedications post. I'll congragulate you now! (and of couse again when you finally make that post :D )

Congrats Sergio! You're nice and i wish you many more happy posts to come :kiss: :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)