What was your first Juventus match to watch? (1 Viewer)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
My 1st Juve match on TV was CL final against Ajax in 1996. But I am fan since 1994. Used to read everything about Juve in newspapers before the TV era.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I don't remember my first match, but I remember Lars Rickens goal like it was yesterday :(
Haha That's the first match I remember watching :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

My 1st Juve match on TV was CL final against Ajax in 1996. But I am fan since 1994. Used to read everything about Juve in newspapers before the TV era.
Didn't you have TVs in Croatia before 96?

- - - Updated - - -

2001, Juve-Leverkusen (4-1).
Great game! It was postponed initially and played lunch time I think.

4-0 btw.

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Haha That's the first match I remember watching :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you have TVs in Croatia before 96?

- - - Updated - - -
And what a match it was. We bottled like 10 clear cut chances and I thought Ajax would punish us for that but in the end I cried out of joy when we lifted that trophy. I had a TV but I don't remember if Serie A was broadcasted on Croatian TV before 1996.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And what a match it was. We bottled like 10 clear cut chances and I thought Ajax would punish us for that but in the end I cried out of joy when we lifted that trophy. I had a TV but I don't remember if Serie A was broadcasted on Croatian TV before 1996.
I don't remember the Ajax game. I remember Dortmund and Madrid, so I remember 5 lost finals and 0 won :rofl:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Ajax Juve final in 1996
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember the Ajax game. I remember Dortmund and Madrid, so I remember 5 lost finals and 0 won :rofl:
Dortmund I only watched 2nd half, can't believe we lost it, we were brilliant on the way to the final. Madrid game was obviously a disappointment but not as much as Dortmund. After the lost final in Cardiff I realized I may not ever witness Juve lifting the CL trophy again. :sad:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ajax Juve final in 1996

Technically a truckload of VCR's of the 80ties but i was a few years older when i saw those
That Avatar Zach!! :lol: It was only supposed to be a month mate.

I was 16 when that final took place. Told my mum that I wanted to go to watch that in Rome.

She :rofl: in my face. So I had to hit her in her face.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The truth is I just don't know. I've been a Juventus fan for as long as I can remember and I don't know how or why this is the case (as there are no Juventus fans in our family). I have very vivid memories of that horrid final against Dortmund in 1997, but I remember seeing Baggio in a Juventus jersey and Del Piero as a very young rising star (which means I must have watched games at least as early as the 1994-1995 season when I was 7, but possibly sooner).

I guess I probably really liked the jersey when I was 4 or 5 years old.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
The truth is I just don't know. I've been a Juventus fan for as long as I can remember and I don't know how or why this is the case (as there are no Juventus fans in our family). I have very vivid memories of that horrid final against Dortmund in 1997, but I remember seeing Baggio in a Juventus jersey and Del Piero as a very young rising star (which means I must have watched games at least as early as the 1994-1995 season when I was 7, but possibly sooner).

I guess I probably really liked the jersey when I was 4 or 5 years old.
Ditto. That's what got me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
94/95 time frame, but like Seven, I can't remember what game. Only know it was European cup game, and seeing Baggio, who I loved in WC94. I discovered Del Piero in the league games later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)