What needs to be done (1 Viewer)

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Please don't think this is a knee jerk reaction to the Arsenal game because it certainly isnt we have been playing terrible in Europe for the last 2 years now ever since Capello took over. Just watching the full time analysis and the panalists are litreally laughing at us, and who wouldnt be, we were a joke tonight just like we were a joke against bremen and against liverpool last year. So whos to blame? well firstly I believe Capello is to blame, I have no doubts domestically he is a brilliant coach but at european level he just doesnt cut it, hes predictable at europe the 4-4-2 formation play long balls up to ibrahimovic even though arsenals back 4 we're all much pacier than ibra and trez and even though it didnt work AT ALL in the first leg. Juventus played with no spirit tonight, no determination, no skill it was disgraceful to watch

Ibrahimovic - had some good tricks at Ajax but really doesnt cut it when it comes to Juventus, overrated to say the least, no spirit, doesnt care at all, ill disciplined, I reckon we should sell him for big bucks before the other clubs cop on that he is serouisly overrated

Mutu - yes hes being played out of position but hes lost it, I just dont rate him, he plays terrible every game, even if he is being played out of position he cant control the ball, cant dribble and certainly cant shoot

Trezeguet - I want a forward more involved in team play not just a finisher, all the top clubs have forwards that score regularly and also contribute to the play, Henry, eto'o, rooney to name a few

Emerson or Patrick Vieira - we need to sell one or the other we cant have two old defensive mids, we need either Vieira or Emerson and a young creative offensive central midfielder

Left winger - Neddy I thought didnt play too bad tonight apart from the off sides and sending off, but hes getting old, its time to replace him with another world class left winger

Young Midfielders - its time to add some depth and youth to our midfield

a right back and a world class centre back to replace thuram

its a lot to ask but if juventus want to be serouis contenders for the CL next year then this is the way to go

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I dont agree about the players, ok maybe in selling Vieira, but our failure in CL and big games is becouse of Capello, this is a great side, with many starts, and the only reason becouse we played bad is becouse the system that Capello uses is not rigth.

I would even be willing to give Zlatan a chancem, I really still believe that he can do much better if we get rid of Capello, and put some coach that can really tech him something and put him in the bench when he fails to deliver.

Mutu is a great player, but if you played him out of position he will naturally noy play good.

About young players, I agree we need them.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
My humble personal recommendations:

Sack Capello

Give Ibra on a free basis to one of Serie C1 teams that you hate the most

Sell Vieira, Olivera, Zalayeta, Blasi and Zebina...

Bring Volpato, Palladino, Tacchinardi, Marchionni and Aimar...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
hope a lot of changes will be made.

new coach

replacement for players like nedved, thuram.

new DM-s

new formation!

Ibra can stay only if he has a superb world cup.

If cap stays we are f--ked up, for god sake, he wants to get zanetti to dm position, inter hasnt played him at all, and his totally ofform!

and WE NEED A PLAYMAKER!

---

and please dont say mutu has lost it, how he can score if he plays on the wing where he has to defend.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Stephan said:

and please dont say mutu has lost it, how he can score if he plays on the wing where he has to defend.
I have to assure you that he won't have a good world cup since now...

Regarding Mutu, I agree that he still has something to give to the club, but maybe changing his position will be the solution...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ReBeL said:
I have to assure you that he won't have a good world cup since now...

Regarding Mutu, I agree that he still has something to give to the club, but maybe changing his position will be the solution...
well i dont rate him at all anymore, but if so much is expected of him, then well loan him out for next season to a smaller club where he can prove something.

and what you mean with since now?

guess moggi and co made a mistake, they thought a player who makes tricks in holland league, will be superb in juventus

:cry:

why i think ibra should be kept, is only when we get a new coach, because cap is just in love with ibra and starts him always, new coachs should use players in their right positions where they produce the moust, like mutu is a scorer and should play upfront, ibra well his not scorer? use him in the midfield then, AM or i dont know what, maby a good coach who doesnt keen to some players too much can work it out. but cap, well let him go to real. I dont know why moggi and co should keep capello for another season. in the end of this season, capello MUST BE sacked!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
firstly, we need a new coach. if thats impossible, than juve management must tell capello to change his tactics.

vieria shoud leave. all he does is get in emersons way. for the amount he is being paid, he doesn't work very hard. we need an attacking mid. emerson adds more than enough defensive attributes to our team.

ibra needs to be played in a role that he is good at. that means no more longballs to ibra and no more utilizing him as a set up man to our midfield, thats the opposite of what a striker should be doing. furthermore, ADP should be a starter with ibra trying to earn his spot back.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
JUVESUPPORTER said:
Please don't think this is a knee jerk reaction to the Arsenal game because it certainly isnt we have been playing terrible in Europe for the last 2 years now ever since Capello took over. Just watching the full time analysis and the panalists are litreally laughing at us, and who wouldnt be, we were a joke tonight just like we were a joke against bremen and against liverpool last year. So whos to blame? well firstly I believe Capello is to blame, I have no doubts domestically he is a brilliant coach but at european level he just doesnt cut it, hes predictable at europe the 4-4-2 formation play long balls up to ibrahimovic even though arsenals back 4 we're all much pacier than ibra and trez and even though it didnt work AT ALL in the first leg. Juventus played with no spirit tonight, no determination, no skill it was disgraceful to watch

Ibrahimovic - had some good tricks at Ajax but really doesnt cut it when it comes to Juventus, overrated to say the least, no spirit, doesnt care at all, ill disciplined, I reckon we should sell him for big bucks before the other clubs cop on that he is serouisly overrated

Mutu - yes hes being played out of position but hes lost it, I just dont rate him, he plays terrible every game, even if he is being played out of position he cant control the ball, cant dribble and certainly cant shoot

Trezeguet - I want a forward more involved in team play not just a finisher, all the top clubs have forwards that score regularly and also contribute to the play, Henry, eto'o, rooney to name a few

Emerson or Patrick Vieira - we need to sell one or the other we cant have two old defensive mids, we need either Vieira or Emerson and a young creative offensive central midfielder

Left winger - Neddy I thought didnt play too bad tonight apart from the off sides and sending off, but hes getting old, its time to replace him with another world class left winger

Young Midfielders - its time to add some depth and youth to our midfield

a right back and a world class centre back to replace thuram

its a lot to ask but if juventus want to be serouis contenders for the CL next year then this is the way to go
You mean sell the hole team ... ahaa... that would be great... that would be magnificant actually ...

Peopele keep attacking Capello and the team for the defeat... HE DIDNT HAVE CAMO, VIERA, DEL PIERO, AND ZEBINA FOR GOD'S SAKE... so he was playing with a second lineup ...

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
Stephan said:
hope a lot of changes will be made.

new coach

replacement for players like nedved, thuram.

new DM-s

new formation!

If cap stays we are f--ked up, for god sake, he wants to get zanetti to dm position, inter hasnt played him at all, and his totally ofform!

and WE NEED A PLAYMAKER!

---

exactly :tup:

Jul 5, 2005
ReBeL said:
My humble personal recommendations:

Sack Capello

Give Ibra on a free basis to one of Serie C1 teams that you hate the most

Sell Vieira, Olivera, Zalayeta, Blasi and Zebina...

Bring Volpato, Palladino, Tacchinardi, Marchionni and Aimar...
I agree :tup:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
This is exactly what we need:

Spaletti
Muntari
Pizarro or Riquelme, depending on formation
Barzagli
(new RB, who?)
Mancini or C.Ronaldo
Marchionni
Cassano (if Zlatan makes a bad WC)
Primavera striker to replace Zalayeta, PALLADINO!

These are players we could cash in on:

Zlatan (duno.. if we get serious offer, sell b4 too late)
Vieira
Mutu
Miccoli
etc. etc.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
i'd take Vieira over Emerson any day...puma plays like a veteran already..and for god's sake don't bring Gerrard to our team...can't people see that he is at best an average player?

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
we need to quit the 2 defensive midfielder formation. playing in serie a against less skilled teams is the only reason why it works, coz we can outmuscle them in the middle.
our frontmen are far better players than the opponentdefenders and can individually be decesive for the outcome, but playing against equal opponents or in europe we come short.
we simply lack ideas offensively, we miss that extra gear that milan has. tell you the truth, i watched the milan-lyon game and i sat there in the last quater of the game and was confident they would turn things their way, thinking it would be nice if we had the same ability.
but without del piero things don't look that good. a lot of players do great like buffon, canna and trez...but 3 players that will truely fight for this club till the end are del piero, neddy and zamo. the rest simply doesn't come through enough.
don't know if it because of tactics or what but players like zebina, vieira, camo and zlatan often play without spirit, will and their heart the wrong place.

don't know why we absolutely have to play long balls up to zlatan when we face an english team?? as if the gunners don't practice that week after week in the premiership against bottomplaced teams and therefor master it. it is too predictable, and by playing 2 defensive midfielders we miss out offensive approaches, especially when we play vieira and emo. they are each good players but 2 of them together slows our game, lacking pace and being dynamic.

i know we all talked about which players we'd like to come, but i truely think we need to change our formation.

Jul 28, 2002
Fight Club said:
we need to quit the 2 defensive midfielder formation. playing in serie a against less skilled teams is the only reason why it works, coz we can outmuscle them in the middle.
our frontmen are far better players than the opponentdefenders and can individually be decesive for the outcome, but playing against equal opponents or in europe we come short.
we simply lack ideas offensively, we miss that extra gear that milan has. tell you the truth, i watched the milan-lyon game and i sat there in the last quater of the game and was confident they would turn things their way, thinking it would be nice if we had the same ability.
but without del piero things don't look that good. a lot of players do great like buffon, canna and trez...but 3 players that will truely fight for this club till the end are del piero, neddy and zamo. the rest simply doesn't come through enough.
don't know if it because of tactics or what but players like zebina, vieira, camo and zlatan often play without spirit, will and their heart the wrong place.

don't know why we absolutely have to play long balls up to zlatan when we face an english team?? as if the gunners don't practice that week after week in the premiership against bottomplaced teams and therefor master it. it is too predictable, and by playing 2 defensive midfielders we miss out offensive approaches, especially when we play vieira and emo. they are each good players but 2 of them together slows our game, lacking pace and being dynamic.

i know we all talked about which players we'd like to come, but i truely think we need to change our formation.
Great post mate, totally agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)