What needs to be done (2 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
the problem definetly is the coach. we stated that CL was our main object this season. we had taken the seria a titel again and should have wanted more. Capello made some mistakes last season in CL, so i atleast thought he has got his lesson. And he would make changes, this time when we met england club, but no.

Some say dont change winning team or should i say formation(winning in seria a), but still, we got some new players after summer, good expierenced players, mutu and vieira. Our confidents was high, we seemed to have a lot of good quality players in our team. Still when the season started, cap didnt change his formation, he got rid of tacchi and just subs him with vieira in the lineup, what imo is already the first mistake. How can you possible think this kind of swap in the midfield is gona work? ok, it seemed to work, vieira even scored in seria a matches, but still, now we see something is wrong with our midfield.

Another quality player, mutu, didnt get much chanse to play at the start of the season, again, cap didnt seem to even think to change the formation so new players qualitys would come out the best way (something what should be done with ibrahimovic as well), instead capello starts using mutu as a sub for wingers, or sometimes gives him 15 minutes subs him with trez or ibra, but very few times, once if i am right, in CL groupstage game, where mutu scored also, dont remember anymore was it brugge or the other smaller club. So he gives mutu a differant position, and now soem fans say he dissapoints them, i do think mutu is a good player, and the mistake is the position where he plays. If he would play AM then he would do much better, but as a winger, he cant attack and has to play. Actually its like a torture, he is a striker and a player who scores, but cap expects him other stuff.

Now cap defenders come out: if camo or nedved is injured, who else should play in that position then? but as i said already, why cap didnt think about that at the start of this season. Why not make changes in the formation? Or make changes in the formation if starting players are missing from that 4-4-2 formation? Its funny to watch that capello who is so highly rated and well he is a coach who has won a lot, thinks that its enough when i just replace one player with other.

When i hear aboud Henry, all say ancelotti was stupid look how good henry is and what a wrong position ancelotti used henry, but capello is doing the same thing with mutu! but the response usually is: who should play in nedved/camo position then? but i ask again, why cap didnt thought about this at the start of the season when he KNEW what players he has and he knows what can happen in football.

--

About ibra. his young, he definetly can and will improve, but his not doing well this season, and i blame the formation in here again, but also tactics. If his not doing well, dont start with him. Saying that his our future and needs to play is wrong, why? if he starts always and doesnt play well like now, then moggi and co might really take that chelsea cash and give him to mourinho.

Selling ibra and keeping capello is not the solution. capello will find another love. maby cassano or who knows who would come to juve then. My opinion: we need a coach who can use players in their best positions so their best qualitys would come out. Ibra is not playing well as a striker, some say his not gona work in the midfield, some say he will be good as a striker next season. But why not try him other position. Like that henry situation, ancelotti used him midfielder and he was bad, now henry is one of the best strikers in the world, maby ibra would be one of the best attacking midfielders? who knows?

I mean if ibra has a good day, he makes lot of assists, his not so good with scoring anyway, well i guess he never will, particularly i think its his body what is the problem, too tall, cand run fast.

So if you want to see improvement in europe and also in seria a, in the gameplay, there just isnt any other way to just sack capello.

Now some say, well cap used differant formation in roma days, but i repeat it again, at the start of the second season, he just replaced tacchi with vieira and used mutu on the wing, while he could have come up with a new formation, why he didnt do that then? why he kept the formation? maby we should have invest to AM already in the last summer, riquelme or someone else, because nedved had those injure problems last season.

I also remember some said that 4-4-2 was effective, but i still would say, it is just too ugly, the way we play is ugly, not caring about that and thinking about 3points is wrong. So basicly, why i am mad about our result against arsenal is the way we played, poorly. we didnt fight and nothing to admire. under lippi we atleast played some nice football, one thing is to loose but play atleast nice football, other thing is too loose and play some ugly football.

over and out!

Dec 29, 2005
This is what we need to do for next season:

Sack Capello and bring back Lippi.

GK:Buffon and Antonioli
RB:Eboue,Balzaretti (Zebina OUT)
CB:Cannavaro,Thuram,Kovac and take one young like Barzagli or bring back Tudor
LB:Zambrotta and Chiellini
RM:Camoranesi and Marchionni
DM:Vieira,Gianiccheda (Emerson and Blasi OUT)
AM:Riquelme and Mutu (Nedved also can play AM)
LM:Nedved (also here can play Zambrotta or take Mancini)
ST:Trezequet,Del Piero,Henry and one young like Palladino (Ibrahimovic and Zalayeta OUT)

Formation 422 Atacking:

Buffon

Eboue Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta

Vieira

Camoranesi Nedved

Riquelme

Trezequet Henry

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
henry-trezeguet is not good, not good for juve atleast, i saw them playing together in the world cup games and friendlys and its not that good at all as it might look on the paper. trez needs a player like dp, maybe mutu could do the job, but i think cassano would do well also. ibra is just too tall as well, and its not advantage to him, as he hardly ever tryes to use his head to score. and his not so fast because of that as well.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
Stephan said:
henry-trezeguet is not good, not good for juve atleast, i saw them playing together in the world cup games and friendlys and its not that good at all as it might look on the paper. trez needs a player like dp, maybe mutu could do the job, but i think cassano would do well also. ibra is just too tall as well, and its not advantage to him, as he hardly ever tryes to use his head to score. and his not so fast because of that as well.
france has the same problem/dilemma with the duo henry-treze

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
thats what i am talking about, i saw them in NT games playing together when coach tryed differant players and i wasnt impressed.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
the fitness level or the tteam form is also a problem that the management should addresed.
In the last 2 season the team played with a good cohesion in first part (sept-dec) with results "a la perfection" and then came january/february and the team produce its worst performance and look tired. And it is ok for serie A because the team manage to built a great advantage in first part of the season but for the CL all the previous performance count for nothing only the actual one count.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
loyada said:
the fitness level or the tteam form is also a problem that the management should addresed.
In the last 2 season the team played with a good cohesion in first part (sept-dec) with results "a la perfection" and then came january/february and the team produce its worst performance and look tired. And it is ok for serie A because the team manage to built a great advantage in first part of the season but for the CL all the previous performance count for nothing only the actual one count.
but that is all cap style, and that is his problem. i mean its logical players get tired, but change then something, rotation.

Dec 29, 2005
That is happening because Capello is playing with same 11 all season. Thuram and Cannavaro are playing all matches and in finish of season when is more important they are very tired and play slow and can't stop players like Henry,Sheva or Eto'o. Same thing is with Emerson and Vieira (Gianicheda and Blasi have played just 2-3 games)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Changes likely after Juventus bow out of Europe again

MILAN, April 6 (Reuters) - Juventus coach Fabio Capello suggested there could be major changes to his team after Wednesday's limp exit from the Champions League at the hands of Arsenal.

Trailing 2-0 from the first-leg in London, Juve produced little to worry Arsene Wenger's side who coasted to a goalless draw that allowed them to reach the semi-finals for the first time.

It was the second successive year that the Italian champions have been eliminated at the quarter-final stage by an English club -- last year Liverpool knocked out Capello's side in similar fashion as they drew 0-0 after a 2-1 first leg win.

After defending his team from criticism in the post-match press conference Capello was asked about any plans for rebuilding his squad for next season and replied bluntly, "We are already working on that."

There was little doubt from the reaction of the fans and the Italian media that Juventus deserved to go out and had done so in a fashion unbecoming of a club which has reached the final in four of the last 10 editions of the Champions League.

Fans chanted 'Go and get a job' and 'Shame on you' as Juve's attempted comeback fizzled out in the second half and Capello himself, who in his second season at the club is poised to win his second Serie A title, also came in for some abuse.

The daily La Repubblica was scathing in its criticism. "With the dismissal of Pavel Nedved Juve finished with 10 but they also finished with zero -- zero goals, zero ideas, zero heart, zero strength, a real zero-zero," the paper wrote.

Juve are nine points clear at the top of Serie A with six games remaining and though their 29th 'scudetto' looks a near certainty their lame quarter-final showing -- after a far-from-impressive European campaign -- ensures there will be changes to the side for next season.

They already have an agreement to sign Parma's exciting right-winger Marco Marchionni and media reports suggest a similar arrangement could see Inter Milan midfielder Cristiano Zanetti move to the Delle Alpi.

Zanetti, who has been forced to the fringes at Inter, was a key part of Capello's championship-winning side at AS Roma in 2001 and would be a useful addition to the squad.

But if Juve are to mount a more intensive challenge to get back the trophy they last won 10 years ago, more radical and certainly more expensive purchases are likely to be necessary.

If the past is anything to go by, Juve will probably need to rid themselves of one or two of their big earners before bringing in any top-class signings.

There has been constant speculation surrounding their Swedish forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has looked irritated and unhappy in recent games and has come in for intense scrutiny and criticism from the media.

French midfielder Patrick Vieira, who joined Juve from Arsenal in the close season but missed Wednesday's game through suspension, is widely viewed as a disappointment while his compatriot Lilian Thuram was on the bench.

A central defender, a central midfielder and, possibly, another striker would probably be the positions Capello would focus his attention on for reinforcements.

Reuters

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We need a new right back, there is absolutely for certain, Zebina is atrocious. Miguel from Valencia anyone?

Emerson is done, im sorry but in the two legs against Arsenal and even against Bremen he got overrun time and time again and is very slow. Sell him in the summer and keep Paddy V. Javier Mascherano I think would be a brillant buy

As im sure everyone with half a brain knows we need a playmaker, Riquleme is the man for me, he will feed Trezegol the balls he needs to score.

Zlatan has to go, his attitude is terrible, hes a skinny Adriano, doesnt try doesnt do jack shit bascially. My shout would be someone young like Boijinov or Carlos Tevez

Nedved is finished, I would like Vicente to replace him.

my team for next season:

---Buffon---

---Miguel---Gallas---Cannavaro---Zambo---

------------Vieria/Mascherano-----------

-----Marchionni---------------Vicente-------

-------------Riquleme--------------------

--------Trezeguet-------ADP/Tevez/Boijinov

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
pinturicchios10 said:
This is what we need to do for next season:

Sack Capello and bring back Lippi.

GK:Buffon and Antonioli
RB:Eboue,Balzaretti (Zebina OUT)
CB:Cannavaro,Thuram,Kovac and take one young like Barzagli or bring back Tudor
LB:Zambrotta and Chiellini
RM:Camoranesi and Marchionni
DM:Vieira,Gianiccheda (Emerson and Blasi OUT)
AM:Riquelme and Mutu (Nedved also can play AM)
LM:Nedved (also here can play Zambrotta or take Mancini)
ST:Trezequet,Del Piero,Henry and one young like Palladino (Ibrahimovic and Zalayeta OUT)

Formation 422 Atacking:

Buffon

Eboue Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta

Vieira

Camoranesi Nedved

Riquelme

Trezequet Henry
:lol: u think arsenal would let henry go? :lol:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
poisonwoody said:
:lol: u think arsenal would let henry go? :lol:
who knows? if arsenal wont win CL this season and finish 5th in the epl, then henry might leave, yeah probably barcelona, but who knows...we have frenches, patrick will call him here.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
even if they loose in the CL they won't sell henry...coz if their team is anything its coz of henry....

and with del,trez,mutu.....zlatan, we have no room for him..

Dec 29, 2005
Zlatan must go and Mutu is not been using like striker. We have place for Henry but I think he will stay at Arsenal or if he go he will go to Barcelona. And I think he don't want to come back in Juve. But I hope there is chance for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)