What movie made you cry? (7 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Of course not! Real men don't cry. ;) Well at least that's what they say. :p

I think it's because it's more socially acceptable for a woman to cry than it is for a man. It's not necessarily true that they can't easily shed tears, but that they've "trained" themselves to hold back. Society on the whole is to blame because they tend to view tears as a sign of weakness, hence why most men resort to the teenage girl logic when talking about crying.

not the subject at hand here, we are talking about movies that woudl amke you cry, earlier int he conversation i already exstablished that music has more lacrimal effect as you have to directly relate to your experience. I go into the movie with the a priori this is nothing but fiction and no matter how real it might appear it's just telling a story portrayed by actors who are pretending, so unless you're fine deluding yourself into thinking the guy is actually really suffering, you wont be able to get involved emtionally to the level of crying, unless you;re a woman of course :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I don't mind crying from a movie, it's happened maybe a handful of times. But I was alone. Otherwise it doesn't feel right. :D
I rest my case. :smile:

Your logic there is almost as bad as Martin's avatar :p
:heart: @the logic comment. And no offence Martin but it really isn't you. :D

not the subject at hand here, we are talking about movies that woudl amke you cry, earlier int he conversation i already exstablished that music has more lacrimal effect as you have to directly relate to your experience. I go into the movie with the a priori this is nothing but fiction and no matter how real it might appear it's just telling a story portrayed by actors who are pretending, so unless you're fine deluding yourself into thinking the guy is actually really suffering, you wont be able to get involved emtionally to the level of crying, unless you;re a woman of course :D
I agree with what Hoori said earlier. It doesn't matter if its real or fiction, sometimes you empathize with a storyline and it makes you sad and you cry. It has nothing to do with gender. And what difference does it make if it's a movie or music? Both are expressive forms of art created with the intent of playing on your emotions aren't they ? I don't get your logic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I rest my case. :smile:

:heart: @the logic comment. And no offence Martin but it really isn't you. :D

I agree with what Hoori said earlier. It doesn't matter if its real or fiction, sometimes you empathize with a storyline and it makes you sad and you cry. It has nothing to do with gender. And what difference does it make if it's a movie or music? Both are expressive forms of art created with the intent of playing on your emotions aren't they ? I don't get your logic.
that alone proves my point, delusion at its best.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
And sometimes it doesn't even need to be a sad story, just something you personally find nostalgic and familiar which you can relate to. To me, music is like that as it can aim my deepest emotions. This is art.

My avatar represents my relationship to Juve :stuckup: :stuckup:
Your relationship is bound to fail :D

That just proves that you refuse to acknowledge the rest of the sentence.:p
He's always doing that [:p] and since he is super intelligent he can always make people feel like fools if they don't agree with him. This time I resisted :vinny:

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
He's always doing that [:p] and since he is super intelligent he can always make people feel like fools if they don't agree with him. This time I resisted :vinny:
Good for you! :D We women who are the emotional gender by nature and can cry at the drop of a hat, according to him, have to stick together on this one. ;)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Good for you! :D We women, who are the emotional gender by nature and can cry at the drop of a hat, according to him, have to stick together on this one. ;)
Men are naturally harder to cry (that's why seeing a man breaking into tears is always more emotional because you know it's taken a lot to take him on that level while women can cry at the most random things) but to say that crying at films (because they are works of fiction) is a girly thing is absurd.

There have been moments in our lives that we have felt and experienced loneliness, and we might have even not cried then, at our very own experience, but when Fellini captures it like that in the final scene of La Strada, you might cry for the loneliness of a man (not Antony Quinn, not an actor, but a man) because you are shown what you are familiar with in the most artistic manner.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If the question was about actual crying then I can't remember if it ever happened. If it is that feeling where you almost cry, then it is still Toy Soldier 3 the last one I remember.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
I cry sometimes when something affects me, whether it be movies, images, or music.

Not ashamed to hide it, and not gonna act like some tough dude.

Been heaps of movies where I've shed a few tears.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You disappointed me as my whole mission in this thread was to tell people to not put a dot dot dot on what they need to say :D
I don't need to say anything about this topic, but you clearly need to say a lot. :D

How about this, the next time we watch a movie together I won't hold back the tears? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)