What is the threshold for hell? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Believers must no doubt contemplate this point. Exactly how bad do you have to be to go to hell? I mean surely most people are so far off the standards of say a serial killer or a Stalin that there is a lot they could allow themselves before they'd qualify for hell?

And from what we know of hell, there are no levels in hell. Everyone gets the same punishment. So it seems really unfair to punish a guy who's killed one person the same amount as you do Mao who killed 70 million.

And what do you think the ratio is between heaven and hell? Is it 50-50? 90-10? I mean if you only use hell to punish the very worst people, that means all the other sinners who have only been rapists or murderers are rewarded with heaven.

Don't forget: Hell is sponsored by your loving, benevolent god.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Believers must no doubt contemplate this point. Exactly how bad do you have to be to go to hell? I mean surely most people are so far off the standards of say a serial killer or a Stalin that there is a lot they could allow themselves before they'd qualify for hell?

And from what we know of hell, there are no levels in hell. Everyone gets the same punishment. So it seems really unfair to punish a guy who's killed one person the same amount as you do Mao who killed 70 million.

And what do you think the ratio is between heaven and hell? Is it 50-50? 90-10? I mean if you only use hell to punish the very worst people, that means all the other sinners who have only been rapists or murderers are rewarded with heaven.

Don't forget: Hell is sponsored by your loving, benevolent god.
Martin, where's the culture FFS? Have you ever read la divinia commedia? Surely you must know that there are levels in hell?

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Martin, where's the culture FFS? Have you ever read la divinia commedia? Surely you must know that there are levels in hell?
    Is that an authorized source?

And the answer is I started reading it but it bored me to hell. Figuratively speaking.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Is that an authorized source?

And the answer is I started reading it but it bored me to hell. Figuratively speaking.
    I read in the language Dante wrote it in. Can you imagine that? It's neither Italian nor Latin. The beginning is actually quite good though. With the midlife crisis part and everything.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #11
    I read in the language Dante wrote it in. Can you imagine that? It's neither Italian nor Latin. The beginning is actually quite good though. With the midlife crisis part and everything.
    I don't know what the story is to be honest, but they were on this interminable journey to hell with a million digressions and without any apparent point to it, so I decided I'd had enough.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I don't know what the story is to be honest, but they were on this interminable journey to hell with a million digressions and without any apparent point to it, so I decided I'd had enough.
    In a lot of ways Dante gets back at people by putting them in hell in his very own novel. That's one of the most important ideas behind it as far as I'm concerned.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    If you regret your sins and admit that Jesus Christ is the son of God who died for all our sins, than you are in. As simple as that, no matter if you are Stalin or Nelson Mandela, just the way to admitting it probably is a lot harder for the russian.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #16
    In a lot of ways Dante gets back at people by putting them in hell in his very own novel. That's one of the most important ideas behind it as far as I'm concerned.
    Funny, that's always they way I feel reading existentialists. Story doesn't appeal to me at all, I just feel bored and depressed. Someone suggested to me that was actually the point.

I'm generally a philistine though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So I kill millions of people and then when I die, I go up to the man and say "sorry mate, but it was a fun ride, I'm sure you'd know how it feels."?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    So I kill millions of people and then when I die, I go up to the man and say "sorry mate, but it was a fun ride, I'm sure you'd know how it feels."?
    Well it's not the good and bad job's that count, since Jesus has done all the work needed to be done, it's not like we should follow some kind of grafic each day. But if you are bad person at the age of 50, what makes you think that you will be able with clear heart and true regret admit it all at the age of 70? And you never know when you are going to die, and you also don't know if the day wouldn't come before you die, it's a huge choice and better do it while you can not setting it aside till you're crazy 80 year old man who has lost all his mind. But yes, there is a chance for everyboy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)