What has Capello done with Legro? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Word is Legrottaglie could join Lazio in January which I disagree with. It's Iuliano, Montero and Ferrara that should be rolling out, not Legro. IMO he could be good next to Canna in central defence, and it's unfair that he's getting so much blame for last year's poor defensive performance. He was shit, yes, but so were many others.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Anyone read the rumor on Channel 4 on Legrottaglie going on loan to Lazio? I think it's a good idea, if he refinds his Chievo form we can get him back, if not then it's curtains.
If Legrottaglie leaves we will NOT get him back. Why would Lazio sell him if he does well?

Len

Feb 13, 2004
If he gets his chance...I think he will improve and show his true self....his true ability as he showed at Chievo...

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I hope he stays at Juve......he is still fairly young for a defender.... If we are to get rid of defenders, we should consider Montero and Iuliano first....

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Irrespective of whether he's young or old, the guy doesnt have an idea of how to chase the ball, or even take the ball of an opponent if the need arises. He's too unsure of himself, and even if experience will teach him a thing or two about that, i doubt he will mature in to the type of quality that fits in to Juventus defence.

Remember errr...Mirkovic was it?

tacchina

Jul 28, 2003
i think he deserves another chance. okay he didn't have the best first season with Juve but who ever does at a huge club?? i think they should keep him, play him in the Coppa matches to get him up to fitness and sell Montero and Iuliano in January

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Irrespective of whether he's young or old, the guy doesnt have an idea of how to chase the ball, or even take the ball of an opponent if the need arises. He's too unsure of himself, and even if experience will teach him a thing or two about that, i doubt he will mature in to the type of quality that fits in to Juventus defence.

Remember errr...Mirkovic was it?
Legrottaglie is a guy who strives on confidence and struggles when he's lacking it. Can you blame him for not being confident when he played next to the Montero that he played next to last season? Imo he would slot into this Juve defence fairly well if the need arose. Look at what has happened to Philippe Mexes. He is extremely talented but because Roma is struggling defensively he is too. That's what happened with Legro last season as far as I'm concerned.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Legrottaglie is a guy who strives on confidence and struggles when he's lacking it. Can you blame him for not being confident when he played next to the Montero that he played next to last season? Imo he would slot into this Juve defence fairly well if the need arose. Look at what has happened to Philippe Mexes. He is extremely talented but because Roma is struggling defensively he is too. That's what happened with Legro last season as far as I'm concerned.

mexes, extremely talented. stu thats bullcrap

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Mexes had a lot of hype surrounding his arrival at Roma. Legro, came in understated, without ne media glare on him, not too many expectations (no pressure), and yet, he has been unable to deliver. I can even understand if it was a bad patch. But the guy jsut got worse and worse right from the pre season all the way through season end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)