What has Capello done with Legro? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Mexes had a lot of hype surrounding his arrival at Roma. Legro, came in understated, without ne media glare on him, not too many expectations (no pressure), and yet, he has been unable to deliver. I can even understand if it was a bad patch. But the guy jsut got worse and worse right from the pre season all the way through season end.
no pressure? there's always pressure, especially when you join a big team like Juve. I bet the pressure is even bigger than Mexes, He was supposed to rejunevate our aging defense.
do you remember how media keep blaming him though it's not entirely his faults?
he played, we concedeed goals, he didn't play, we still concedeed goals. Don't make him a scapegoat, the truth is our whole team underperformed last year.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Mexes had a lot of hype surrounding his arrival at Roma. Legro, came in understated, without ne media glare on him, not too many expectations (no pressure), and yet, he has been unable to deliver. I can even understand if it was a bad patch. But the guy jsut got worse and worse right from the pre season all the way through season end.
True, but my point is that both players were expected to do well and failed along with the rest of their respective defences.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Mexes was good at Auxerre, but there is big difference between playing in France and playing Serie A....
Indeed there is but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a very talented individual.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++

no pressure? there's always pressure, especially when you join a big team like Juve. I bet the pressure is even bigger than Mexes, He was supposed to rejunevate our aging defense.
do you remember how media keep blaming him though it's not entirely his faults?
he played, we concedeed goals, he didn't play, we still concedeed goals. Don't make him a scapegoat, the truth is our whole team underperformed last year.
Exactly. When you (baggio) say that there was more pressure on Mexes I agree with you, but to say that Legro wasn't under pressure is wrong imo. As Alucard said, he was the guy that was supposed to rejuvenate a Juve defence known for being one of the best in the world. No pressure there? BS.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Legrottaglie had far more pressure than Mexes!!!, he was known all over Italy after his superb season in Chievo. Mexes on the other hand doesnt have a name in Italy and it doesnt seem like he ever will.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
well legros still there but i heard that capello is training him and working on his fitness they say that he has become a better legro although we havent seen anything yet to judge
where did you get these news from?

Jun 7, 2003
We can't sell Montero or Iuliano. The two players are mentally good for the young players like Legro. And they have experience. In CL we need experienced Players. I hope Juve won't sell Legro but a good solution is to loan him out to Lazio. There he can come back to his superb form.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I think juve wants to offload him to Lazio in a loan deal in the winter break...

It could be a good move for him at least he will play more to get back his self-confidence. To return next year fresh to juve

On the other hand, if we sell him now we will lose one of our young defenders and we won't even get a decent financial profit from him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)