What Grinds Your Gears? (2 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
I remember watching 'Family Guy' a long time ago, and I thought the 'What Grinds My Gears' Segment was pretty funny and I'm sure most of us share Peter's frustration.

If you aren't familiar with what I'm saying, just name anything that you think is really annoying. This isn't easy but you'll be surprised with how many things you can relate to.

Here are some examples to start with.

I hate it when people overuse the word 'like'. You know, like when I like try to tell you like a story about like that time which like was so like funny!

I hate it when people just randomly pick out something from my plate. I mean, I was planning on eating that and I don't appreciate you sticking your fork in my plate. You better hope you're a babe if you do that to me because if you're a guy; I'll hurt you.

I hate it when people spit at me when they speak. It's disgusting and if you can't say it without spraying it, write it down!

I hate it when cab drivers ask me if I smoke and when I say no, 'They light one up'. Thanks for being considerate, buddy.

I hate that feeling you get in the morning when you just want to sleep forever, but you have to get up for class or work, and the previous night, you just never wanted to go to sleep at all.

I hate having to go to use the bathroom at the most awkward situations imaginable. It's like my body is biologically programmed to stimulate my digestive system in such a way that it only works when there isn't a toilet around for miles.

Edit: I hate the fact that I anticipate some Joker coming here and saying how much he hates how I open these kinds of threads.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I hate it when guys over use the word "bro". 50% of a sentence is "bro", the other 45% "Yeah", since you can't have yeah without bro, and the other 5% is what I fucking need to know

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I hate it when people overuse the word 'like'. You know, like when I like try to tell you like a story about like that time which like was so like funny!
^ I do that, ask Nick. :D

I hate when people make me wait.

I hate when people spell your but mean you're.

I hate when I forget to charge my ipod, only to have it die as soon as I get on the bus.

I hate when I lose my metropass.

I hate when people don't signal or stop at stop signs.

OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    I hate when people are speaking and they say "um" 104 times and "alright" 30 times.
    I hate it when guys over use the word "bro". 50% of a sentence is "bro", the other 45% "Yeah", since you can't have yeah without bro, and the other 5% is what I fucking need to know
    I know what you mean. I also hate it when people say 'you know' after the end of every single sentence. It was a great day with many happy people jumping around, you know. I happen to love that sort of music, you know, the type of music that's like harsh but not sad, you know.

If I did know, then it would pretty pointless to tell me about it, wouldn't it?

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    ^ I do that, ask Nick. :D

I hate when people make me wait.

I hate when people spell your but mean you're.

I hate when I forget to charge my ipod, only to have it die as soon as I get on the bus.

I hate when I lose my metropass.

I hate when people don't signal or stop at stop signs.

It's usually like teenage girls who like do that:D

I can relate to 1, 2, and 5.

I don't hate anything.
    A part of me just died.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    I hate when I'm deciding what to get (at Starbucks for example) and the cashier asks, "what can I get you?" If I knew, I would order it. Then they also procede to stare at you until you decide on what you want.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    It's usually like teenage girls who like do that:D

I can relate to 1, 2, and 5.

A part of me just died.
    It's usually only when I'm explaining a story. Instead of saying "then he said, then I said, then she said" I just say "then I was like, and he was like, and she was like." :D

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    I hate when I'm deciding what to get (at Starbucks for example) and the cashier asks, "what can I get you?" If I knew, I would order it. Then they also procede to stare at you until you decide on what you want.
    :lol:

That happens to me too.

And when you're at a restaurant and when you and three friends all ordered a Pepsi then the waiter/waitress comes and asks, "Who ordered Pepsi?" :sergio:

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    I know what you mean. I also hate it when people say 'you know' after the end of every single sentence. It was a great day with many happy people jumping around, you know. I happen to love that sort of music, you know, the type of music that's like harsh but not sad, you know.

If I did know, then it would pretty pointless to tell me about it, wouldn't it?
    Yeah, I know! :D
    Also I get annoyed when people say, "with all due respect" when they want to start their talk. Which translates to "no respect whatsoever"

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14
    It's usually only when I'm explaining a story. Instead of saying "then he said, then I said, then she said" I just say "then I was like, and he was like, and she was like." :D
    That's okay for me. I sometimes do that too. I'm talking about using 'like' just for the sake of using it.

Like when he like tried to like be brave and like stop the fight but like he was too like scared because like the big bad bouncer was going to like kick his ass.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    That's okay for me. I sometimes do that too. I'm talking about using 'like' just for the sake of using it.

Like when he like tried to like be brave and like stop the fight but like he was too like scared because like the big bad bouncer was going to like kick his ass.
    Okay, that's not me. :D

I hate when people say they don't care for so and so, yet talk about them all the time.

I hate when Dusan questions my undying love for him.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #16
    Yeah, I know! :D
    Also I get annoyed when people say, "with all due respect" when they want to start their talk. Which translates to "no respect whatsoever"
    Right, with all due respect, I think your work has no point whatsoever and I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Which reminds me. I also hate it when people say 'no offense' after they've clearly done something to offend you. I once hadn't gotten a shave for over a month because I had so much to do, and I didn't feel like shaving. Then one morning, one of my friends come up to me and says, 'No offense man, but you look like an ape'.

I'm no language expert but I think you comparing me to an animal should offend me, don't you think? :D

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    people who take too long to place their order at a restaurant.

people who try too hard.

really pisses me, I mean grinds my gears ;)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    I hate it when Juve gets a goal scored against them at the stoppage time..

I hate it when I'm streaming a tv show,then my internet goes dead..and the stream doesn't let you to go back to the part where you were watching,and instead have to go and rewatch it from the beginning.

I hate it when other people are making me late..especially on the road,and while i'm trying to get to a place as fast as possible,the car in front of me are just so slow

There are more things i hate,but i just cant remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)