What do you think about Kapo? (3 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Yeah, we shouldn't get Mexes, Evra and Gilardino either, right? :groan:
No we need Mexes, Evra and Gilardino because they showed their value but kapo?????

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

No we need Mexes, Evra and Gilardino because they showed their value but kapo?????
Graham's point is that not only was Kapo left out of the France squad for Euro2004, but everyone's favourites such as Philippe Mexes, Patrice Evra and Alberto Gilardino (Italy of course) were as well.

Kapo is still very young, and will add alot to this current Juve team imo. His left foot will be a useful assessment and so will his ability to play numerous positions with efficiency. According to the people that watched FIFA's centenary match between France and Brazil, Kapo was very impressive.

Plus, he's free, so if he sucks we won't have wasted any money, and I'm confident he won't suck anyways, which makes him an even better signing than some give Moggi credit for.

Romano

May 22, 2004
Kapo :
I've watched the UEFA Cup game between Auxerre and PSV.
Kapo is a attacking midfielder.
He had so many missed chances, that I tought : Juventus will even be worse then before, if they buy him.

Zebina :
A nice player for his price :D
Didn't had a great season at Roma, but even the best players, can have a bad season. So that's no problem.
I would use him as a Back Up for the 1st Team.

Conclusion :
Kapo = Waste of money.
Zebina = Don't cost a Euro :cool: and is a nice player

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Romano, Kapo's price was equal to Zebina's, they're both free transfers. And if Zebina is entitled to a bad season, why isn't Kapo?

* free transfer doesn't mean gratis, you still pay a sign on fee

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
Kapo :
I've watched the UEFA Cup game between Auxerre and PSV.
Kapo is a attacking midfielder.
He had so many missed chances, that I tought : Juventus will even be worse then before, if they buy him.

Zebina :
A nice player for his price :D
Didn't had a great season at Roma, but even the best players, can have a bad season. So that's no problem.
I would use him as a Back Up for the 1st Team.

Conclusion :
Kapo = Waste of money.
Zebina = Don't cost a Euro :cool: and is a nice player
kapo is free too !!!!!!!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm a little surprised that Kapo was dropped from the Euro squad but I guess it falls on his presence being inadequate, he hasn't played that many caps yet. But since Pires and Rothen are now very hard to ignore, Kapo might end up like Candela, excellent player but never plays because Lizarazu came in before him and is such an intrical part that he'll never be dropped.

Sep 28, 2002
thats a different story i believe. kapo is still 23, and pires is almost 30 iirc. so kapo may have good future ahead of him. also i dont think that rothen will grow to be ireplaceable figure on left wing for france so i think kapo can become quite a regular.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Depends on the coach (Santini and future coaches) and how restrictive he'll be, I know Lemerre wouldn't hear of putting Candela for anything but frendlies but with Kapo it might be different. Pires and Rothen are both older and better (at the mo) so it could be a problem though.

Aug 26, 2003
hmm.. ok pires is surely class and has proved that! but as said he is 30 years old!
for rothen he had a great season, how old is he? but it will be difficult for him to play so great every year so lets see!

i hope that Kapo is no waste of money!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
thats a different story i believe. kapo is still 23, and pires is almost 30 iirc. so kapo may have good future ahead of him. also i dont think that rothen will grow to be ireplaceable figure on left wing for france so i think kapo can become quite a regular.
Kapo might be better used right behind the main striker, or like a Zidane.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Kapo will be good for us, IMO...
And he is still young too, Juve needs young talented players, not old ones! :)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Do u notice that moggi is going for free agent players (cheap players) this is not a good sign for building a good team:(

Aug 1, 2003
I guess since Kapo's free and young he won't do no harm here. Zebina isn't an entirely bad player, he had a good season with Roma, but just an average player IMO but still, both of them I think are potentially good players for us.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I saw the friendly match between Brazil- France and i really get a good impression about kapo. He is a natural midfielder with creative facility; as fact, he was taking Zidane`s role once the bald left the pitch.
he showed very good ball control when phisically pressed, good timing and good technique in one vs one situation. I think he can be a excellent adittion to juve...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)