What Car Do You Drive? (26 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
great offroad vehicles though. nothing beats them for price in offroad capabality. you need to go to bronco which is more expensive or gwagon and land rover which are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive.
Only the upper tier models of the new Bronco are good off-road. The Bronco Sport in all its iterations performs pretty poorly off-road for what it claims.

But the Badlands and above for the new Bronco give some pretty great off road performance. Starts at $70ish K all in and up though. The top tier Bronco Rapter is up above $115k iirc.

Jeeps do well off road, but they’re so cheaply built outside that. I’d want to be an amateur mechanic if I had one.

G-Wagon would be the dream vehicle if I had $200k plus to burn on a vehicle.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Aren’t 4runners some of the best offroad SUVs? Bulletproof and highly capable, and depreciate very slowly. The only thing I don’t like about them is how big they are.

esit: Car and Driver has them rated at 4/10. Didn’t expect that

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Aren’t 4runners some of the best offroad SUVs? Bulletproof and highly capable, and depreciate very slowly. The only thing I don’t like about them is how big they are.

All Toyota SUV depreciate very slowly.

The only Seqouia I can find under 30k are 2015 or older with 160000 miles on it.

And you know what? I would buy it in a heartbeat

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Depends on how you mod it. Most of these vehicles are perfectly fine for rough road approaches to hikes and outdoor rec spaces as stock models. But to do proper overlanding, you either need to buy something that has optional tiers set up for that like the upper tier models of the Bronco marketed specifically for this, though they get expensive very fast. Or you need to mod it for off-road with a specialty business for this/do it yourself if you have the expertise. It’s very expensive to set up if you can’t do it yourself.

Most people, including myself, don’t need that sort of capability though. ~10 inches clearance and above with decent approach and departure angles, good final drive ratio, off-road tuned suspension, 4wd/decent AWD obviously, AT Tires, a bush bumper and skid plates do enough for the average person who wants to get out most logging/gravel roads into the mountains. You could also add rock sliders and a winch.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Depends on how you mod it. Most of these vehicles are perfectly fine for rough road approaches to hikes and outdoor rec spaces as stock models. But to do proper overlanding, you either need to buy something that has optional tiers set up for that like the upper tier models of the Bronco marketed specifically for this, though they get expensive very fast. Or you need to mod it for off-road with a specialty business for this/do it yourself if you have the expertise. It’s very expensive to set up if you can’t do it yourself.

Most people, including myself, don’t need that sort of capability though. ~10 inches clearance and above with decent approach and departure angles, good final drive ratio, off-road tuned suspension, 4wd/decent AWD obviously, AT Tires, a bush bumper and skid plates do enough for the average person who wants to get out most logging/gravel roads into the mountains. You could add rock sliders and a winch.
Thanks, I haven’t done much off-roading.
I managed to kill the clutch when I was off-roading a rental Jeep in Joshua Tree National Park recently so I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Only the upper tier models of the new Bronco are good off-road. The Bronco Sport in all its iterations performs pretty poorly off-road for what it claims.

But the Badlands and above for the new Bronco give some pretty great off road performance. Starts at $70ish K all in and up though. The top tier Bronco Rapter is up above $115k iirc.

Jeeps do well off road, but they’re so cheaply built outside that. I’d want to be an amateur mechanic if I had one.

jeep wrangler is one of the only ways to get a convertable SUV that you can take the roof and doors off of.

funny enough most people that buy these don't do any off roadiing that needs a jeep. they just like the look and the cool factor of them

btw jeep wranglers hold their values pretty well

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to kill the clutch when I was off-roading a rental Jeep in Joshua Tree National Park recently so I don’t know what I’m talking about.
their off road tries and the boxy shape of them make them terrible everyday cars for daily driving imo.

not to mention above 80 km/40 miles range the noise inside the cabin is unbearable, even with music.

but they are so cool looking. especiallly in the higher spec models like the rubicons

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I see G-Wagons around here so much I hate them.

I get that they're awesome off road. But here they are like the ultimate housewife car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Any cheap recommendations for a SUV- I want a 4WD car with reasonable capabilites in the winter and to climb up monutains if there’s a little bit of snow around.

I love my 3 series, but it’s RWD and I don’t trust it in winter conditions at all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Any cheap recommendations for a SUV- I want a 4WD car with reasonable capabilites in the winter and to climb up monutains if there’s a little bit of snow around.

I love my 3 series, but it’s RWD and I don’t trust it in winter conditions at all.
How much ars you looking to spend?

- - - Updated - - -

And do you want 4WD or AWD?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
jeep wrangler is one of the only ways to get a convertable SUV that you can take the roof and doors off of.

funny enough most people that buy these don't do any off roadiing that needs a jeep. they just like the look and the cool factor of them

btw jeep wranglers hold their values pretty well

- - - Updated - - -

their off road tries and the boxy shape of them make them terrible everyday cars for daily driving imo.

not to mention above 80 km/40 miles range the noise inside the cabin is unbearable, even with music.

but they are so cool looking. especiallly in the higher spec models like the rubicons
It really depends on the surroundings.

My coworker has one and I agree it looks cool. But it also looks kind of stupid when parking before going to court. I just don't think it's a 'serious' car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
First time I took my new car out before beefing it up a little I took it up a very steep and rough road into the mountains with some pretty heavy cross ditching. Came down one of them just a wee bit too quickly and managed to bend the rad support up which caused the hood latch to be pushed up by a good 3/8”. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)