What Car Do You Drive? (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zlatan said:
Yeah, but why? SUVs have nothing over normal cars. In fact, they perform worse in almost every category.

I'd much rather have a normal car than an SUV.
Cars kill SUVs. I mean who on earth would take a big hunk of sheet metal that barely reaches 0-60 in 7 seconds over a sportscar that not only saves you money in gas but also gets you to your destination in style and pace. Why spend over $40,000 on a VW Toureg when you can buy an Audi TT for essentially the same amount, or a Nissan Murano when you can buy a classy vehicle called the Infiniti G35 Coupe for only around $35,000? Oh and by the way, the G35 is preferred over the BMW 330i by Comsumer Reports, and that vehicle is about 6,000 less. That's something.

But in Fabi's case, I can see why people would want an SUV because roads outside of Caracas are seemingly very horrendous. So that point of view makes sense. However, I would still gladly take my G35 and run over those trecherous roads whether I fuck it up or not. Fuck SUVs unless you have a Lexus to go along with your M3.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Enron said:
Or Fuel Economy.
The Hummer H2. Take that state-of-the-art vehicle for instance.

Fuel economy? What fuel economy?

That piece of shit gets a whopping 10 miles to the gallon and drives like a Chevy pickup on steriods. Not to mention it looks like an armoured personel carrier.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Andy said:

That piece of shit gets a whopping 10 miles to the gallon and drives like a Chevy pickup on steriods. Not to mention it looks like an armoured personel carrier.

Ah, but not only is it a mechanical turtle, it is Bullet-Proof.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Andy said:

For some reason they are very popular here....:confused:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andy said:

My car gets around 34 mpg.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Gangstaz be Gangstaz Andy, sometimes it is neccesary to sacrifice fuel-efficiency in order to maintain your safety from Ballistic Missiles.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
Gangstaz be Gangstaz Andy, sometimes it is neccesary to sacrifice fuel-efficiency in order to maintain your safety from Ballistic Missiles.
Not to mention RPG's, as spotted in a Detroit drug house just last month.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Black Mamba said:
I had a feeling you would say something related to dead bodies.

Now my question is, is it cool for kids to have pickup trucks up there?
Within the wonderful realm of mountain hicks and repugnant West Virginia, perhaps.

They didn't call West Virginia "Little Afghanistan" for nothing, you know.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Andy said:
True, however the American car manufacturers are gradually starting to improve. The main problem will be winning over public opinion and biased people such as yourself.

Perhaps. However, the US car philosophy differs so much from the european one that I cant see the US close in and/or overtake the europeans and the japs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)