swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Calma, calma.

And as far as I am concerned, I am also irritated by how gymnastics medals can be used as a distraction to hide neighborhood redlining, voting rights abuses and racial gerrymandering, access to affordable healthcare, and reasonable access to healthy food.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I mean, it's pretty shit for any kid to be in that situation, but it does happen. I vividly remember missing out a couple of times as a kid in similar circumstances. Might explain why I pretty much hate everyone now.

I'd like to give the organisers/those involved the benefit of the doubt that it was a genuine mistake, especially considering that so many were in attendance and watching, if not it's pretty awful and brazen.

Ireland isn't the most ethnically diverse place but you'd have to be some sort of special cunt to do that on purpose.
But that's the other thing.

It's so over the top, so blatant that it almost becomes ridiculous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Calma, calma.

And as far as I am concerned, I am also irritated by how gymnastics medals can be used as a smoke screen to hide neighborhood redlining, voting rights abuses and racial gerrymandering, access to affordable healthcare, and reasonable access to healthy food.
Systemic racism is not only more subtle, but also far worse than whatever that woman was doing and we should focus on resolving that rather than scolding an individual.

But, man, does it look weird.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Systemic racism is not only more subtle, but also far worse than whatever that woman was doing and we should focus on resolving that rather than scolding an individual.

But, man, does it look weird.

Wrong is wrong. But the reductive online grievance Olympics is another employed smoke screen not unlike how Big Money baited identity politics divisions to take the heat off from movements like Occupy.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #374,467
    Please don't hurt us, angry black man.
    Don't assume his gender, he will become natively violent.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes one discount the million other possibilities in this instance: maybe the kid is a bitch, maybe her dad slept with the wife of the guy organizing this... And cry racism so assuredly?
    Maybe her dad killed Mike Pence in an alternate reality.

It is much more likely it's ACTIVE racism than it is either of the things you said.

That being said, I think it's almost always a passive, learned behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

We need a Nazi joke fast.

The only thing more Jewish than being Jewish is being a Quarter Jewish.

- - - Updated - - -

Calma, calma.

And as far as I am concerned, I am also irritated by how gymnastics medals can be used as a distraction to hide neighborhood redlining, voting rights abuses and racial gerrymandering, access to affordable healthcare, and reasonable access to healthy food.
    You see those new NC laws that were passed?

Last edited:
    OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #374,469

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Calma, calma.

I'm not sure why jaded and toxic American social issues discourse is applied to a singular childrens event in Ireland tho?

Not everything has to revolve around the psuedo culture wars sickness in the US. Too many overseas incident brought up in twitter is almost tried to be co opted by americans on it. When its completely uninteresting and usually irrelevant to the sitautions.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Don't assume his gender, he will become natively violent.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe her dad killed Mike Pence in an alternate reality.

It is much more likely it's ACTIVE racism than it is either of the things you said.

That being said, I think it's almost always a passive, learned behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing more Jewish than being Jewish is being a Quarter Jewish.

- - - Updated - - -

You see those new NC laws that were passed?
    On what evidence do you base racism is likelier in this situation than other possibilities?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'd like to see him do that to a croc.

I'm not sure why jaded and toxic American social issues discourse is applied to a singular childrens event in Ireland tho?

Not everything has to revolve around the psuedo culture wars sickness in the US. Too many overseas incident brought up in twitter is almost tried to be co opted by americans on it. When its completely uninteresting and usually irrelevant to the sitautions.
    They're connected though. As much as I detest it. And this goes before Adele donned Bantu knots for the Notting Hill festival and Americans went apesh*t with their own cultural lens for what they deem acceptable or not in the UK. American toxicity seeps into everything now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 265)