Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
My home is being renovated and inside the walls were some folded pages of a newspaper from 1942 :weee:. I'm dying to get these repaired and preserved, I really hope it's possible to do so.

PXL_20230809_213202906.jpg
Oh wow dude!!

- - - Updated - - -

I went to see a show last night by professional wrestlers acting out the Ragnarok story from Norse mythology. So entertaining. Obviously the battle scenes in particular were off the charts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My home is being renovated and inside the walls were some folded pages of a newspaper from 1942 :weee:. I'm dying to get these repaired and preserved, I really hope it's possible to do so.

PXL_20230809_213202906.jpg
That's really awesome. You should at least try to preserve and frame some of that.

And the quotes are hilarious.

Oh wow dude!!

- - - Updated - - -

I went to see a show last night by professional wrestlers acting out the Ragnarok story from Norse mythology. So entertaining. Obviously the battle scenes in particular were off the charts.
Does anybody get hit with a folding chair?

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
How do you guys feel about psychedelics? Do you think there are any potential benefits from tripping besides having fun?

In this fucked up day and age of social media, fake gurus and millionaire alpha males, I feel my brain could do with a nice rewiring.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How do you guys feel about psychedelics? Do you think there are any potential benefits from tripping besides having fun?

In this fucked up day and age of social media, fake gurus and millionaire alpha males, I feel my brain could do with a nice rewiring.
Me personally as someone that has never done any, I don't think so. Yeah the world can be fucked up, but temporary escapism with drugs won't actually solve anything or remove these problems from someone's life permanently, they have to be worked at. Also I find it funny that the last two problems you highlighted directly come from the first :p

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

I think if guided by a thrapist or similar who knows what they are doing then yes you could get some meaningful benefit from psychedelics.

I did ayahuasca once and it was quite underwhelming tbh, but my friend got a lot out of it

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly just go to therapy instead

- - - Updated - - -

Or a retreat or something like that

- - - Updated - - -

That's really awesome. You should at least try to preserve and frame some of that.

And the quotes are hilarious.

Does anybody get hit with a folding chair?
No chairs but lots of abs and suplexes. And folk metal entrance music for all the gods who came in to challenge Odin

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I think it's recycled bullsh*t. Peeps be acting like psychedelics are the latest iPhone model when we've seen this same cycle over and over again. Yes, the hippie late 60s were all peace, love and expanded consciousness ... until they weren't. As they say, insanity is doing the same things over again expecting a completely different outcome.

That said, psychedelics have served a purpose for a long time in humanity... so the peeps who want them banished are missing their ancestral history. Most psychedelic use was part of social ritual and social fabric of communities and had targeted purposes.

Today's psychedelic use is disconnected from all of that. People down ayahuasca in the apartment of some dude wearing a colorful Peruvian pollera who smells like cheese and stale beer, completely divorced of the social context that used to come with it. This makes the practice a bit more like the people who spend $300 on yoga pants to reach higher consciousness.

Typical modern humanity: we isolate something that was a special occasion unique right of passage and turn it into a giant bucket of Costco Utz cheese balls that we can snack on every hour.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think it's recycled bullsh*t. Peeps be acting like psychedelics are the latest iPhone model when we've seen this same cycle over and over again. Yes, the hippie late 60s were all peace, love and expanded consciousness ... until they weren't. As they say, insanity is doing the same things over again expecting a completely different outcome.

That said, psychedelics have served a purpose for a long time in humanity... so the peeps who want them banished are missing their ancestral history. Most psychedelic use was part of social ritual and social fabric of communities and had targeted purposes.

Today's psychedelic use is disconnected from all of that. People down ayahuasca in the apartment of some dude wearing a colorful Peruvian pollera who smells like cheese and stale beer, completely divorced of the social context that used to come with it. This makes the practice a bit more like the people who spend $300 on yoga pants to reach higher consciousness.

Typical modern humanity: we isolate something that was a special occasion unique right of passage and turn it into a giant bucket of Costco Utz cheese balls that we can snack on every hour.
The Peruvian pollera :lol:

I guess I'll just trip balls and have fun then.

What I'm trying to say is, maybe I'm depressed? Being away from my family and friends certainly plays a part, I felt so much better when I went home. My job doesn't excite me either and I'm currently doing the bare minimum after being very motivated last year and getting a promotion. Shit, some days I find myself scrolling down YouTube Shorts or going down rabbit holes on random topics (i.e., psychedelics the past two days) for 6 hours and barely getting any work done, which then leads to more anxiety because I know I have a lot of shit to do.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This makes the practice a bit more like the people who spend $300 on yoga pants to reach higher consciousness.
How else are these Instagram models supposed to make money?
https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...lls-wife-posting-instagram-2-people-102196424

this happened literally 30 minutes away from my town, the whole country is in disbelief. never heard of something like this in my life. the killed woman was my friends aunt as well.
What a pathetic weak bitch, I hope hell exists just for him to burn in it.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm trying to say is, maybe I'm depressed? Being away from my family and friends certainly plays a part, I felt so much better when I went home. My job doesn't excite me either and I'm currently doing the bare minimum after being very motivated last year and getting a promotion. Shit, some days I find myself scrolling down YouTube Shorts or going down rabbit holes on random topics (i.e., psychedelics the past two days) for 6 hours and barely getting any work done, which then leads to more anxiety because I know I have a lot of shit to do.
Welcome to Western society my friend, you've made it :touched:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...lls-wife-posting-instagram-2-people-102196424

this happened literally 30 minutes away from my town, the whole country is in disbelief. never heard of something like this in my life. the killed woman was my friends aunt as well.
The Murican is strong with this one.

Yeah, just trip balls and treat yourself. :D

Sounds like you're struggling to find something worth living for away from home. The psychedelics might make you feel better in the moment. But they just mask the longer term stuff.

My advice? Lean into the unexciting stuff to motivate you to find out what's exciting for you ... and find ways to pursue that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

LSD was the only psychedelic that had any sort of effect like that for me. it noticeably improved my mood for a month or two after dropping. Gave me a greater sense of connection to the people i did it with and i think, overall, made me a better adjusted and more empathetic person. Im not saying its going to change your life dramatically or fix your problems but i think a good trip once in a while can be truly therapeutic

Be careful who you do it with though, only real ones, no cringe buzzkills allowed

Jun 16, 2020

Ive been down that ayahuaska rabbit hole and it does seem very interesting. Coincidentally talked to a guy last weekend who did it twice and he recommended it. Never done it personally though, I might when the time is ripe.

But please know, if you’re stuck in life in any sort of form, please remember that the most important conversation you’ll have in life is the conversation with yourself. It might sound cliche but it is true. Don’t expect that a psychedelic trip will somehow cure you if you don’t have some PTSD or anything. Most people just lack purpose and as a results of that the lack of motivation comes in.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
How else are these Instagram models supposed to make money?

What a pathetic weak bitch, I hope hell exists just for him to burn in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Western society my friend, you've made it :touched:
:touched:

Now I see why everyone needs therapy here.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been down that ayahuaska rabbit hole and it does seem very interesting. Coincidentally talked to a guy last weekend who did it twice and he recommended it. Never done it personally though, I might when the time is ripe.

But please know, if you’re stuck in life in any sort of form, please remember that the most important conversation you’ll have in life is the conversation with yourself. It might sound cliche but it is true. Don’t expect that a psychedelic trip will somehow cure you if you don’t have some PTSD or anything. Most people just lack purpose and as a results of that the lack of motivation comes in.
:agree:

DMT is also something I wanna try. Really looking forward to vomiting and shitting myself for 4 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

LSD was the only psychedelic that had any sort of effect like that for me. it noticeably improved my mood for a month or two after dropping. Gave me a greater sense of connection to the people i did it with and i think, overall, made me a better adjusted and more empathetic person. Im not saying its going to change your life dramatically or fix your problems but i think a good trip once in a while can be truly therapeutic

Be careful who you do it with though, only real ones, no cringe buzzkills allowed
I've never properly tripped. My first experience with psychedelics was a few weeks ago in Amsterdam with magic truffles - it was nice but it was a very light trip with no visuals or introspection, just lots of giggling and chatting funny shit.

How would you go about dosing LSD?

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think you should do a DMT suppository.
gotta be careful with the booty blasting so you don't have to have your lower intestines removed

- - - Updated - - -

I've never properly tripped. My first experience with psychedelics was a few weeks ago in Amsterdam with magic truffles - it was nice but it was a very light trip with no visuals or introspection, just lots of giggling and chatting funny shit.

How would you go about dosing LSD?
Not sure what to say about that other then get it from someone you trust. LSD has no color, taste or odor its micrograms of a liquid absorbed into paper so you cant really eyeball or sample it for quality on the spot.

Also difficult to know the strength of the hit you are taking so probably start with just one and you can redose later if you want more.

There are also sketchy imitation synthetic drugs that people pass off as LSD these days something that wasnt an issue 10 years ago when i was into it...yea get it from someone who is trustworthy

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
:touched:

Now I see why everyone needs therapy here.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

DMT is also something I wanna try. Really looking forward to vomiting and shitting myself for 4 hours.

- - - Updated - - -
Yeah DMT seems like the safer option due to it lasting way shorter, but if I had to choose I’d go for ayahuasca. Never don’t both though as said.

Ive never used anything that’s in the true realm of psychedelics, the mushrooms you’ve bought don’t belong there either I think. The stronger ones has been forbidden for years now, you probably ate what we call here truffels.

As for ayahuasca, the thing that sparked my interest is that humans apparently have been using it throughout our existence. There’s cave art resembling geometrics that require abstract thinking. It’s found in old vases from Egyptian times. This cave art in Algeria is particularly interesting:

IMG_1578.jpeg

I bought a book about it a month or two ago, didn’t got very far in the book yet sadly. It basically tries to understand some of the entities some people see during their trips, and research whether it’s something real living in some sort of other dimension. There are parallels between things accepted in religion, even in Islam, according to the book. Random people seeing and hearing messages during their trip of beings or entities, with many describing them in more or less the same way.

There’s a lot of cool information and stories about it that sadly don’t really have a place in modern society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 360)