lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Today I found out that I pay 9.6% of my salary towards my superannuation scheme. What. The. Fuck. Employer contributed 21.1% so that's a lot but I don't even know if I want to live in the UK for the rest of my life.

Perhaps it's time to opt out?
Dunno about Bong Island but you can't opt out of that shit here.

Which is hilarious given that the average pension is about to converge with the average welfare gibs :baus:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
6% would be decent. Don't opt out, that'd be foolish imo. You're going to need that pension money growing.
Uh oh. I don't think I can reduce it under my current pension scheme. I suppose I could contribute to another scheme but my employer would stop contributing 21.1% of my salary.

I'm itching to be stupid and just opt out and use that money to invest in the market :tuttosport:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Uh oh. I don't think I can reduce it under my current pension scheme. I suppose I could contribute to another scheme but my employer would stop contributing 21.1% of my salary.

I'm itching to be stupid and just opt out and use that money to invest in the market :tuttosport:
Contributing 21.1% and you want to miss out lmao. Up to you lol. but fyi i've known retired people that were getting pensions from other countries they lived in the past. It would surprise me if you can't use that money outside the UK.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Contributing 21.1% and you want to miss out lmao. Up to you lol. but fyi i've known retired people that were getting pensions from other countries they lived in the past. It would surprise me if you can't use that money outside the UK.
I'm sure there would be no issue with using the money abroad.

Maybe I'll opt out for 6 months since that's my probation period and then opt in again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah 21% is absolutely insane, that's free money you'd be throwing away.
Yeah it's a bit insane.

I just hate that I'm contributing almost half a person's monthly rent.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Today I found out that I pay 9.6% of my salary towards my superannuation scheme. What. The. Fuck. Employer contributes 21.1% so that's a lot but I don't even know if I want to live in the UK for the rest of my life.

Perhaps it's time to opt out?
as i know UK has a dynamic labour market, with a high turnover, particularly in low-paying work. i wish, i was there and getting a job even temporarily.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What is happening? From a brief overview, people are still trying to cut each other throats for trivial things. So nothing new it seems here, but why close the mod thread? That's a sad change if there is one. Anywho, maybe a ban for a good old time sake?

Oh and I haven't seen much of Juve lately or any football for that matter, but that winson fella from US just proves that soccer players can't play football.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What is happening? From a brief overview, people are still trying to cut each other throats for trivial things. So nothing new it seems here, but why close the mod thread? That's a sad change if there is one. Anywho, maybe a ban for a good old time sake?

Oh and I haven't seen much of Juve lately or any football for that matter, but that winson fella from US just proves that soccer players can't play football.
Why were you banned?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I should have said Yemenite jew. That's what it was.

I mean I don't know if there are any "races" at all. But it's a construct, I guess my dna matches to a certain extent with dna of people identified as Yemenite jews.
I think I read that there are a few very distinct races, for example Somalis. But by and large the differences are too few to really speak about different races in biological terms.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 723)