swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Anonymous boards without rating systems are the best because otherwise hivemind behaviour is promoted where people only toast whatever they think will give them populatity. In the end any non-anonymous board results in an echo chamber with a very slim corridor of 'acceptable' opinions. And then people begin to avoid speaking their mind and if they do, they begin with a cringey apology before even getting to the point.
It's funny reading this being on the Tuz. That said, you encapsulated what has been my long-standing criticism of the usefulness of sites like Yelp in the US. Some Internet growth hacking wizard says that the way to make a great service is to slap some gamified social network on it, and it just encourages behaviors that detract from the core value proposition and turn the whole swamp into a morass of public posturing.

Yes, you make things "sticky" when users have to invest in their reputations. But if your reason for being was to share different ideas or schools of thought or even what's a good burrito joint, you wind up with a circus created to optimize reputations instead. Your reason for being just got hijacked.

I'm surpirsed I made it this long into the oil industry crisis.

Today I was informed by the company that they would terminate my services as they need to save money. It was inevitable. They will not be signing many contracts with suppliers in the foreseeable future.

Sucks.
Sorry to hear. But rip that Band-Aid. You needed to find your way out of that swamp eventually. It's going to be a more dying, dirty business for a while, and not one that will position your career prospects as well as anything future-forward.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 17, 2013
Buy an SSD :p if you have it then somethings fucked up. It can't last for that long even if it's 1st update, that's just crazy.
I had Windows 8 installed on my computer, but I caught a virus, I went to see a computer repair who uninstalled everything and put me Windows 10.
He suggested me to install SSD but I didn't see the interest and I didn't want to pay 75 euros more, nos i understand ☹

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I had Windows 8 installed on my computer, but I caught a virus, I went to see a computer repair who uninstalled everything and put me Windows 10.
He suggested me to install SSD but I didn't see the interest and I didn't want to pay 75 euros more, nos i understand ☹
a 120g ssd is cheap af. install the system on it, and you can still keep the hard drive(s) for the data. it's the best and cheapest upgrade, i promise you

amazon warehouse deal, 24€:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
A friend of mine lost 20k trying to make a profit from face masks.

He ordered N95 masks from China when prices were a bit higher than they are today. Manufacturers produced so many masks that prices dropped significantly so now he's fucked.

He only had the masks for two weeks before prices went down.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 198)