Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I had meant to ask him about this, as I received an email quite a few weeks ago saying it had been closed and the money refunded. Slipped my mind though.
Oh yeah, I got one too.
Email came August 13th. Said it has been refunded and the campaign has been closed and directed to GoFundMe as their exclusive personal crowdfunding partner.

Gave no reason for it though. Sorry I forgot to bring this up earlier. Maybe @Wittl knows something about this?

Has @Dostoevsky been around?
They say you don't have a problem until you start to do it alone.

Wha?? Man, my email must be deluged with spam, because I didn't see that.

Some artists cannot be caged. :D
Hi everyone. I was offline long time, had a nose surgery with complications and before stress at work, but now I‘m back.

To clarify what happened:

After campeign for @Dostoevsky ended in June I sent him all the money we’ve collected via paypal.
Unfortunately I never got the money from indiegogo. So I contacted them end of July, and after some E-Mails those fuckers canceled the campeign in the middle of august, because they say it wans‘t allowed to collect money for oneself. This means, they said it could have been a person who collected money for himself. I tried to make clear this wasn‘t the case, but they didn‘t believe me. I think at least we should have make something like an offer that his book can be preordered or something like that.
So in the end every backer got his money back, me included, and they closed the case. Unfortunately no room for díscussions anymore.

So the situation is that Dusan has recieved the amount we‘ve collected (via my paypal), but I paid the whole amount by myself, because I never got the collected money from indiegogo (the money all of you got back from them).

I planed to write all of you a personal E-Mail about this (i have a list with all the backers and their e-mail-adress), but I had fucking stress before my nose surgery and now that I‘m almost recovered, I will care about this.

For me it‘s absolutely clear, Dusan will keep the money of course.
I probably fucked it up somehow, because the campeign wasn‘t totally waterproof, so it‘s my fault.

I can write you all an E-Mail now and if you want to back again the amount you once spent (and got refunded) to me again, I‘d be very thankful. If not, I‘d understand that and bear the costs.

Thanks and sorry for the delayed answer!

Last edited:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Hi everyone. I was offline long time, had a nose surgery with complications and before stress at work, but now I‘m back.

After campeign for @Dostoevsky ended in June I sent him all the money we’ve collected via paypal.
Unfortunately I never got the money from indiegogo. So I contacted them end of July, and after some E-Mails those fuckers canceled the campeign in the middle of august, because they say it wans‘t allowed to collect money for oneself. This means, they said it could have been a person who collected money for himself. I tried to make clear this wasn‘t the case, but they didn‘t believe me. I think at least we should have make something like an offer that his book can be preordered or something like that.
So in the end every backer got his money back, me included, and they closed the case. Unfortunately no room for díscussions anymore.

So the situation is that Dusan has recieved the amount we‘ve collected (via my paypal), but I paid the whole amount by myself, because I never got the collected money from indiegogo (the money all of you got back from them).

I planed to write all of you a personal E-Mail about this (i have a list with all the backers and their e-mail-adress), but I had fucking stress before my nose surgery and now that I‘m almost recovered, I will care about this.

I probably fucked it up somehow, because the campeign wasn‘t totally waterproof, so it‘s my fault.

I can write you all an E-Mail now and if you want to back again the amount you once spent (and got refunded) to me again, I‘d be very thankful. If not, I‘d understand that and bear the costs.

Good to hear you are doing well now. Surgery is s bummer even without complications. @Wittl

New Yorkers please recommend some good eating places @Dru , @AFL_ITALIA and the gang. Weather was amazing today.
47fabec5e9597938c19d24a56e59e9d2.jpg

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Hey bro good to hear back from you, how can i get you the cash

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Good to hear you are doing well now. Surgery is s bummer even without complications. @Wittl

New Yorkers please recommend some good eating places @Dru , @AFL_ITALIA and the gang. Weather was amazing today.
47fabec5e9597938c19d24a56e59e9d2.jpg
I didn't get a notification for this for whatever reason. What are you looking for though? Via Della Pace is great (owned by a Lazio fan, I THINK one of the partners is a Juve fan but not sure). For lunch if you're ever by the World Trade Center or lower Manhattan, fuck everything else and go to Pisillo for a sandwich. So much food for the money especially in that area, you'll know the place when you see it :p. I'm assuming you're going to be in Manhattan the whole time for this of course. If you're going to Brooklyn, Tanoreen is :tuttosport: in Bay Ridge and Graziella's in Greenpoint has excellent food, might be a bit on the pricey side though for the area.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I didn't get a notification for this for whatever reason. What are you looking for though? Via Della Pace is great (owned by a Lazio fan, I THINK one of the partners is a Juve fan but not sure). For lunch if you're ever by the World Trade Center or lower Manhattan, fuck everything else and go to Pisillo for a sandwich. So much food for the money especially in that area, you'll know the place when you see it :p. I'm assuming you're going to be in Manhattan the whole time for this of course. If you're going to Brooklyn, Tanoreen is :tuttosport: in Bay Ridge and Graziella's in Greenpoint has excellent food, might be a bit on the pricey side though for the area.
I am not too choosy anything goes. I am staying in Manhattan but am open to exploring. I will definitely check those recommendations, thanks. So far I've been to:
- Dig Inn 80 Broad st. Food was good.
- Football Factory at Legends. Breakfast was good but they are PL heavy and the Juve match was on a tiny screen and the stream was poor.
- Westville Wall Street. Food was so so.
- Aroma Espresso Bar at 100 Church st. Good breakfast.
- Kuu Ramen at 20 John St. I liked the ramen.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Biriyani in a Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Hyderabadi or North Indian restaurant in Jackson Heights or elsewhere in Queens is a life-changing experience.

Also, chapli kebab in a Pakistani restaurant. Every burger should be made of this beef patty.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Wow thats fucked. i didnt give to the initial cause (due to uncertainty over my employment) but I can make a donation now, to you, if that helps.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Let me know how and I’ll get the money to you right away.

- - - Updated - - -

And sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope you’re all better now dude. :rab:

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Let me know as well.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Hey bro good to hear back from you, how can i get you the cash
Let me know how and I’ll get the money to you right away.

- - - Updated - - -

And sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope you’re all better now dude. :rab:
Let me know as well.
Thank you guys!

I sent an E-mail to every backer, explained everything again and listed two possible ways to transfer the money again...

But just that you know, I wouldn't be mad at all if you ignore my E-mail.

I don't know who you are in here anyways (except of @swag ) :p

Thank you! :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Hey, I am glad to hear you are recovering and survived surgery!

But ... ugh. Those douchetards. Whether we have to establish the campaign on your behalf ... or find a way to fund you directly and cut them out ... let us know!

Biriyani in a Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Hyderabadi or North Indian restaurant in Jackson Heights or elsewhere in Queens is a life-changing experience.

Also, chapli kebab in a Pakistani restaurant. Every burger should be made of this beef patty.
Biriyani in Hyderabad is a lower-intestine-changing experience ... and bring a fire extinguisher! :seven:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Got your email frand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 150)