AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I worked six hours today and "worked" is generous.

Well my phone died towards the end so there was some work.
It's a quarter end, and since what I do directly ties into the numbers that revenue accounting has to work with, I have to make sure everything is properly accounted for by the end of the month. We're also down two people that recently left, I'm mostly blaming it on that.

Best be sure I'm streaming matches in the background though.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Are you still looking elsewhere?
:agree:

Leaning towards going for a programming certification rather than just self-teaching, just because I feel like the structure and possible networking connections may help. Right now, I'm in the process of seeing every sort of doctor possible before losing my health insurance after quitting. Admittedly, I've put this off much longer than I should have, but either way in the meantime I'll just save more money.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:agree:

Leaning towards going for a programming certification rather than just self-teaching, just because I feel like the structure and possible networking connections may help. Right now, I'm in the process of seeing every sort of doctor possible before losing my health insurance after quitting. Admittedly, I've put this off much longer than I should have, but either way in the meantime I'll just save more money.
Let me know if you find any reputable programming schools as it is something I have considered (could be useful to marry with my current background) but would like to know their job placement rates.

Anyway i just received an offer today for a better position then i have currently as well as a request for an in person interview with Facebook on Thursday and im pretty sure i have much less education and work experience then you so don't get stuck in a position you don't like because you are intimidated by the reentering the job market.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Let me know if you find any reputable programming schools as it is something I have considered (could be useful to marry with my current background) but would like to know their job placement rates.

Anyway i just received an offer today for a better position then i have currently as well as a request for an in person interview with Facebook on Thursday and im pretty sure i have much less education and work experience then you so don't get stuck in a position you don't like because you are intimidated by the reentering the job market.
I was going to go with this, as it's not as strenuous/condensed as a bootcamp (lower risk in my eyes) and decently affordable. From what I've been told with programming, it's much more important to have a good portfolio to demonstrate that you understand what you're doing. SQL and Python seem pretty widely asked for. A good friend of mine recommended this guy's classes to me, so if you have the free time might as well buy it while it's cheap and see if it helps you:
https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-mysql-bootcamp-go-from-sql-beginner-to-expert/

Good shit man, congratulations. I doubt it, but if anything you might have more useful work experience. It's all about how you can spin things.

- - - Updated - - -

i also love me bodegadillas
The buffalo chicken tacos from El Toro in the financial district hits the spot during these nights :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 260)