AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So for the first time in three years of living in the US, I experienced something I was used to back home: being addressed by a number of guys by vulgar sexual words. It hit me hard because it was 8 am in a familiar neighborhood on my way to school, and because i didn't expect it. There is a big difference between when you receive "flattering" sexual words, as unwelcome and sometimes painful as they are, and when those words are violent. To me, the difference doesn't come from the flattering-violent distinction though, it's just that i feel extremely diminished and low in the latter case. I was struggling with it back in Iran, that why do i let such a thing make me feel so down and defeated, and i never had an answer, and i still don't.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. They probably do it because they know they're low-class shit and this is their way to try to feel superior.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I know, what you say is absolutely correct but see this is exactly why i find it strange that I cannot outgrow this felt humiliation.
It is not that you cannot. It just that some things take a little more time and some effort. Keep working at it and you will be good to go after a while. I didn't always think like this. When I was younger crap like that would have totally gotten to me so I do understand why you feel that way. It gets better. *hug*

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Leave the Bears alone, fuck the Cubs though

Do you have 'enemies' in daily life
This may be it, though. This could be "the year"

You may have to embrace the inevitability, Abel.

Unless Steve Bartman decides to pay a surprise visit in October, which would be the greatest fucking thing to happen in the history of everything

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a wise elf from a far off shire

Sanjay Patel is who you should hire....................

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I know, what you say is absolutely correct but see this is exactly why i find it strange that I cannot outgrow this felt humiliation.

- - - Updated - - -

What?
As in people who don't like you and or have a low opinion of you, i think it's healthy to have such people in one's life

- - - Updated - - -

This may be it, though. This could be "the year"

You may have to embrace the inevitability, Abel.

Unless Steve Bartman decides to pay a surprise visit in October, which would be the greatest fucking thing to happen in the history of everything

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a wise elf from a far off shire

Sanjay Patel is who you should hire....................
And I'm wise to have the guju connect, gotta have that patel quota on that phone book

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Where was this? You're in Philly, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more oftn. Not that it should but there's a lot of assholes in most of the city
I'm living pretty close to school and in a very safe neighborhood (i have even walked home at midnight). Outside of that I'm hanging out with groups of friends so Philly has been really safe for me in the past three years.

As in people who don't like you and or have a low opinion of you, i think it's healthy to have such people in one's life
People who don't like me/have low opinion of me haven't made it obvious to me :p I see what you mean but i disagree with you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's an emotion. You don't have to control or understand it. You just have to feel it. And given that there is no real reason to feel this way and assuming you don't have deeprooted issues, I'm sure this emotion is going to fade very soon.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

What?
Youuu beautiful woman. I wouldn't worry about what some dick has to say.

I've had some hurtful things said to me, even things said behind my back but I learned to shake it off.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm living pretty close to school and in a very safe neighborhood (i have even walked home at midnight). Outside of that I'm hanging out with groups of friends so Philly has been really safe for me in the past three years.

People who don't like me/have low opinion of me haven't made it obvious to me :p I see what you mean but i disagree with you.

Disagree with what? That it is healthy let alone realistic to get nothing but positive feedback? I'm not saying it will stop the attacks but it will definitely lessen the impact

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Disagree with what? That it is healthy let alone realistic to get nothing but positive feedback? I'm not saying it will stop the attacks but it will definitely lessen the impact
There's a difference between only getting positive feedback and keeping people around you who really don't like you at all. You can get criticism from your friends as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)