Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why not claim the Dad Body gay fireman space?

Granted, gays don't have a tolerance for that unless you're a bear or cub.
This dad bod nonsense has to stop though. It's the equivalent of fatties telling me I should be attracted to morbidly obese women. Or even better: last night I read an article of a transwoman claiming men who weren't attracted to transwomen the same way to natural born women were bigots.

Basically these days people tell you you should be attracted to them because otherwise you're an asshole.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This seems neat for anyone of you trying to get a girl's number: http://www.askmen.com/news/dating/how-to-get-a-girl-s-phone-number-using-math.html

I think it is a good icebreaker as well. And yes the formula works. I tried it with my own number.
Talk to a girl for a while then ask her number because you want to meet up some time. That's my philosophy.

Maybe she'll turn you down, I know. But then she never really wanted you anyway.

I know my technique isn't very high tech and it involves having to deal with rejection, but I think it at least gives you a decent idea of whether or not the girl wants you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah, parlor tricks will win over a certain type of woman. I'd rather be honest and just ask, "How can I text you?"
The biggest obstacle in dating is ego. We fear rejection when hooking up and when we're in a relationship we think ours is different from everyone else's and different rules apply. Truth is all this is very simple if you're honest with yourself.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Talk to a girl for a while then ask her number because you want to meet up some time. That's my philosophy.

Maybe she'll turn you down, I know. But then she never really wanted you anyway.

I know my technique isn't very high tech and it involves having to deal with rejection, but I think it at least gives you a decent idea of whether or not the girl wants you.
Yeah, parlor tricks will win over a certain type of woman. I'd rather be honest and just ask, "How can I text you?"
:agree:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
So for the first time in three years of living in the US, I experienced something I was used to back home: being addressed by a number of guys by vulgar sexual words. It hit me hard because it was 8 am in a familiar neighborhood on my way to school, and because i didn't expect it. There is a big difference between when you receive "flattering" sexual words, as unwelcome and sometimes painful as they are, and when those words are violent. To me, the difference doesn't come from the flattering-violent distinction though, it's just that i feel extremely diminished and low in the latter case. I was struggling with it back in Iran, that why do i let such a thing make me feel so down and defeated, and i never had an answer, and i still don't.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
As in a woman who doesn't mind a good joke? :p I think sometimes we take life too seriously. Personally something like this would make me laugh because 1. It is unique. 2. I tend to have social anxiety so I am a little bit more difficult to talk to than the "regular" woman. My point is, sometimes icebreakers are nice. It does not always have to be so serious all the time. :)

So for the first time in three years of living in the US, I experienced something I was used to back home: being addressed by a number of guys by vulgar sexual words. It hit me hard because it was 8 am in a familiar neighborhood on my way to school, and because i didn't expect it. There is a big difference between when you receive "flattering" sexual words, as unwelcome and sometimes painful as they are, and when those words are violent. To me, the difference doesn't come from the flattering-violent distinction though, it's just that i feel extremely diminished and low in the latter case. I was struggling with it back in Iran, that why do i let such a thing make me feel so down and defeated, and i never had an answer, and i still don't.
Human beings can be such assholes sometimes. Hoori, this may sound absolutely cliche, but this is a reflection of them and whatever the hell they are struggling with within themselves and has absolutely nothing to do with you. I know it can be hard to shrug off sometimes but as long as you keep saying to yourself, "this is not about me, it is about them," it will eventually stick. I dealt with a very similar situation just yesterday. Some very hurtful words were said to me because the guy was trying really hard to get my attention and could not. I just shook my head and let it slide off. Unfortunately the idiot drove away too quickly because the only thing I would have asked him was if saying that to me made him feel better about himself. You are beautiful and sweet and one of the best women I know, so do not let any moron make you forget that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Bears and cubs have tasted only one kind of victory as of late
Leave the Bears alone, fuck the Cubs though

Do you have 'enemies' in daily life

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
As in a woman who doesn't mind a good joke? :p I think sometimes we take life too seriously. Personally something like this would make me laugh because 1. It is unique. 2. I tend to have social anxiety so I am a little bit more difficult to talk to than the "regular" woman. My point is, sometimes icebreakers are nice. It does not always have to be so serious all the time. :)

Human beings can be such assholes sometimes. Hoori, this may sound absolutely cliche, but this is a reflection of them and whatever the hell they are struggling with within themselves and has absolutely nothing to do with you. I know it can be hard to shrug off sometimes but as long as you keep saying to yourself, "this is not about me, it is about them," it will eventually stick. I dealt with a very similar situation just yesterday. Some very hurtful words were said to me because the guy was trying really hard to get my attention and could not. I just shook my head and let it slide off. Unfortunately the idiot drove away too quickly because the only thing I would have asked him was if saying that to me made him feel better about himself. You are beautiful and sweet and one of the best women I know, so do not let any moron make you forget that.
I know, what you say is absolutely correct but see this is exactly why i find it strange that I cannot outgrow this felt humiliation.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave the Bears alone, fuck the Cubs though

Do you have 'enemies' in daily life
What?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Where was this? You're in Philly, I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more oftn. Not that it should but there's a lot of assholes in most of the city

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 426)