ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Which ones are you looking at/thinking of getting?

I've gone through some trial and error with this for awhile, and for someone just starting out, I would recommend the Kanger Protank 2 Mini with a variable voltage battery. The "Ego Twist" battery is a great option, as it allows you to manually set which voltage you want (up to 4.8 volts) in order for you to find your sweetspot as far as vapor production and throat hit goes. As for throat hit, other factors also come into play, such as nic-level and amount of PG etc., but which battery you use is also of extreme importance.

With that setup, you will have set yourself up for a pretty damn good vaping experience. It produces lots of vapor and the throat hit is pretty damn good. The pricing on those items are also very decent. I think I paid 14 dollars for my Protank and 15 dollars for the battery. Both will last you a very long time.

Whatever you do, don't buy those entry-level, ultracheap, disposable ecigs. They simply don't measure up.

I was thinking of hitting you up for advice believe it or not and you already jumped on it :D

As far as type, I don't know yet. There's a lot. I'll take a look at the one you recommended. Also I planned on visiting a vape shop so I can look at all they have and get an idea of what's what.

What do you think about the mechanical vapes?

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I'm heading to China for 6 months to live with the kung fu fighting monks. Something tells me they don't grant smoking breaks during training days. Which are every day :D
If your in Beijing and need somewhere to crash let me know, we have a spare bedroom here :)

Any of you guys here ever been to the smaller cities in Northern Italy? When I'm going over in Feb me and the girlfriend want to do some of the smaller cities. Taking a day trip to Verona (not a small city I know but haven't ticked it off the list yet).

Brescia and Padova play at home on the weekend we are there, considering going to one of them. Thinking of maybe Parma, Bergamo, Mantova, Modena maybe.

Any advice?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If your in Beijing and need somewhere to crash let me know, we have a spare bedroom here :)

Any of you guys here ever been to the smaller cities in Northern Italy? When I'm going over in Feb me and the girlfriend want to do some of the smaller cities. Taking a day trip to Verona (not a small city I know but haven't ticked it off the list yet).

Brescia and Padova play at home on the weekend we are there, considering going to one of them. Thinking of maybe Parma, Bergamo, Mantova, Modena maybe.

Any advice?
Of those I've only been to Verona. Which is quite nice.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I was thinking of hitting you up for advice believe it or not and you already jumped on it :D

As far as type, I don't know yet. There's a lot. I'll take a look at the one you recommended. Also I planned on visiting a vape shop so I can look at all they have and get an idea of what's what.

What do you think about the mechanical vapes?
I haven't tried mechanical/mods yet, but I do know a lot about them. Most of those are battery mods which means that you can still use your tanks on them (if the threading fits), but some of them are even complete devices with a battery part and a tank of it's own. It's definitely the next step up for me, and based on reviews and what I've seen on Youtube I'm gonna go for one called the Kayfun Lite. A bit expensive (but there are more expensive mods out there), but it has high quality parts, no leaking issues and the top reviewers out there are incredibly amazed by how well it performs.

Mechanical mods can be somewhat overwhelming for a beginner, though, as there is more maintenance involved. But if you're handy and learn pretty fast, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it straight away. All you really need is a small screwdriver and a pair of plyers. Also, they are great if you wanna use homemade coils and wicks. Not only is it cheaper to make your own coils and wicks, but it's fully possible to make ones that are better than the coilheads w/ wicks that are sold by manufacturers (for instance by using sterilized cotton instead of silica, which seems to soak up the e-juice better, and how you align the wire on your custom-made wick). If you don't wanna get into building your own coils and wicks, though, the manufactured ones are still damn good so no worries.

Linking a pic of the glorious Kayfun :touched:

Parts made in Germany and Russia, and performs like a champion:

Obviously, this will be my go-to device for homevaping, it's not something I'd carry with me outside :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I haven't tried mechanical/mods yet, but I do know a lot about them. Most of those are battery mods which means that you can still use your tanks on them (if the threading fits), but some of them are even complete devices with a battery part and a tank of it's own. It's definitely the next step up for me, and based on reviews and what I've seen on Youtube I'm gonna go for one called the Kayfun Lite. A bit expensive (but there are more expensive mods out there), but it has high quality parts, no leaking issues and the top reviewers out there are incredibly amazed by how well it performs.

Mechanical mods can be somewhat overwhelming for a beginner, though, as there is more maintenance involved. But if you're handy and learn pretty fast, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it straight away. All you really need is a small screwdriver and a pair of plyers. Also, they are great if you wanna use homemade coils and wicks. Not only is it cheaper to make your own coils and wicks, but it's fully possible to make ones that are better than the coilheads w/ wicks that are sold by manufacturers (for instance by using sterilized cotton instead of silica, which seems to soak up the e-juice better, and how you align the wire on your custom-made wick). If you don't wanna get into building your own coils and wicks, though, the manufactured ones are still damn good so no worries.

Linking a pic of the glorious Kayfun :touched:

Parts made in Germany and Russia, and performs like a champion:

Obviously, this will be my go-to device for homevaping, it's not something I'd carry with me outside :D
That is beautiful. I might start off with a variable voltage one first then. Also remind me to rep you later, I'm on my phone :p

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think Im officially in a relationship now. We just made out in a diner with backstreet boys playing in the background. I wouldve kicked myself in the balls for this just three weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 173)