GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's quite interesting, I haven't read any philosophy like it before. As I'm not quite sure what his point is yet - I might have to read it two or three times again I can post you a link. It seems like it's right up your alley :)

http://www.ditext.com/hare/lm.html
ok i read a little about it, so gist is around how ethical propositions are formulated in language? reminds me of wittgenstein who put forth that ethics cannot be put into words

- - - Updated - - -

you have to deflate your muscles first :p
so true unfortunately, when i was 15 lbs heavier everyone thought i was a meathead and strangers spoke slowly and simply to me lol

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
ok i read a little about it, so gist is around how ethical propositions are formulated in language? reminds me of wittgenstein who put forth that ethics cannot be put into words
He does quote wittgenstein quite alot. I have to say, never have I been so challenged in reading the English language as I am right now. This guy is insane.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
actually it reads easily compared to other philosophical work :p
Bullshit. I'm sure there are philosophers out there who are more complicated in their use of the English langauge than this guy, but we've covered 14 prominents ones and this one is the toughest. Or should I say, this guy is causing me the most trouble to read because his sentences are complicated, entwined and his use of words very diverse. :p

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Bullshit. I'm sure there are philosophers out there who are more complicated in their use of the English langauge than this guy, but we've covered 14 prominents ones and this one is the toughest. Or should I say, this guy is causing me the most trouble to read because his sentences are complicated, entwined and his use of words very diverse. :p
google the fucker, read wiki, smoke a spliffs, have a wank and enjoy ur freetime. dats how i do economics, 'cept i dont smoke or wank haha

since when did u start working hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, that's wrong. Only because I wouldn't want to shag a college age dude, too creepy.
wat age is that 18-22?

i guess nikos out then, hehe.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
google the fucker, read wiki, smoke a spliffs, have a wank and enjoy ur freetime. dats how i do economics, 'cept i dont smoke or wank haha

since when did u start working hard?
since they told me "work hard or flunk" :p

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, that's wrong. Only because I wouldn't want to shag a college age dude, too creepy.
Well fuck me.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

ok let me be honest, from the little i read, it seemed really easy to follow. try reading translation of the 19th/20th century germans or for long sentences the french :p

quote a 'difficult' passage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 276)