Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Havn't played for months, and suddenly I cant play at all.
1. I damn near died in 10 min
2. I was slow to react
3. I looked like a fool
and most importantly it was a college scriminage, looks like my scholarship won't get renewed
You have a scholarship to play football? Wait, what kind of football? Real football or the American thing?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I wouldn't let them talk to me like that, and specially you are in Canada.. Once some idiot talked to me like this here, a police, and I pushed him back and insulted him, the outcome? My car was taken (don't know the English word) for one month, and my driving license suspended for 3 months.
Snoop, that sounds a bit frightening. I've never fought anyone before and I'm a whopping 1.70 m so it probably wouldn't have ended well. Kudos to you for taking a stand, man. I'm glad he didn't do anything to you except impound your car and suspend your license.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Just curious, Woody. I haven't been in China in 10 years. What I experienced there was interesting. But I found it a very difficult country to love. What did you find particularly appealing?
One major difference would be the age at which we were in china and the other being china changed dramatically in the last 10 years.
When i landed there i was just a teenager and china had just opened the floodgates for foreigners to come. Before that there we not many cities in china in which people have actually seen a live foreigner,and china is big! Partying was easy and a lot of fun,there were not many laws for foreigners. If you learn chinese and you are good in english then you can earn big money very very easily....so it was like study-work 4 hours in a week and spend all the money on partying :D So initially i liked it because it was a student heaven,well my kinda student.
But with years i made a lot of local friends and became more involved in chinese circles,and i cant point out the excat reasons right now but the culture was pretty awesome,people are friendly and very hospitable,travelling is cheap and since china is so big there are a lot of places to go and some places i didnt even knew existed.
The fact that i spent 6 years in the country also makes me like it,because that is a large chunk of my life i spent there,holds a lot of memories :)

Amazing place to be,if u can make a plan to stay there for a couple of months and you will love it too ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 627)