swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Is Reddit possibly the worst corner of the internet
I've said for over a decade that Reddit is for troglodytes.

What's odder to me is that it actually survived and went public when it started as an also-ran of digg.com, which found a way to quickly implode with redesigns and business model pivots. (Dru knows where dis is at.)

But is it the very worst? I mean, 4chan does its best there too.

Hmm, I don't think so. I just searched my old posts and couldn't find anything but I have linked Reddit a few times, usually linking twisted subreddits like r/adultery

Nothing happened. It's just that people have the worst opinions on there and everyone pretends to be knowledgeable. "Truth" gets established in every subreddit and that's what people run with.

Say for instance, the post is about health optimisation in a certain area, people will be quoting studies without actually understanding them a la Huberman. Or say you're struggling with poor sleep and visit the sleep or insomnia subreddits, they'll be filled with negativity that fuels your own negativity. People get stuck in these negative loops.

Generally opinions are shit, and people aren't funny. Tuz is life.
All true. (Don't get me started on health optimization ... a sure sign that mental health >> physical.) And you're definitely right about it being unfunny (except when the subreddit is by definition, with two examples below) and how there's a tendency to converge towards bad groupthink.

Depends what you mean by worst.

LinkedIn and Threads are the most cringe by far

Reddit is gay af, but can be useful

Facebook is like boomer world now

Instagram is whatever

Twitter is the best imo

Tuz is the GOAT for sure tho
Now this is getting to the meat of the matter.

LinkedIn is filled with self-promoting douchebags celebrating mindsets and past business heroes (it's like being an an evangelical Tupperware sales convention) and everyone writes with a single sentence per paragraph. I think half of the content is AI generated, because it's all a mash-up.

Ironocally, one of the best things about Reddit is https://www.reddit.com/r/LinkedInLunatics/. That and lately I do get a kick out of https://www.reddit.com/r/tragedeigh/. But as above.

Facebook is more like deranged boomer who discovered the Internetz in 2019. If I ever get a social media share from someone old and who acts like they lost control of their keyboard to a virus, it's undoubtedly a random share from Facebook.

Instagram is a death spiral of algorithmic content. Which anybody who bore the horror of opening a page on Facebook lately would know is the same algorithmic death spiral of ensh*ttification spam. I don't know why Zuckerberg just doesn't end it all while he's still ahead.

Twitter is a lot of self-flagellation made to look like they're flagellating others. When in fact, it's a lot of copy-paste of the same idiocy as if a religious mantra over and over again by people venting and hoping that peeing in the wind will somehow reach their targets of wrath and yet not end up in their mouths.

Any of my participation there has degraded into comically outsized trolling because I honestly cannot take anyone seriously on X anymore. Give me a conspiracy theory, and I'll make up a bat-sh*t crazy one that's five times worse in reply.

And yeah, Tuz remains the goat. Old tech, old school, but surprisingly it's like the cockroach of social media. Even capitalism hasn't found a way to nuke it.

Have you heard of the dead internet theory?

It's going to be true in another year or so.

Jun 16, 2020
Going into the office, where no bidets exist.

feelsbadman.jpg
Honestly brother you should take matters into your own hands. How come that trans- and queer people are entitled to own bathrooms or even invade yours while your company can’t respect your heritage and actually is guilty of hygienic discrimination. I suggest not whipping your ass anymore after a number two, let them smell it. If that doesn’t work just start cleaning your intimate parts at the sink at work. As Italians we should muscle up and start demanding things we’re entitled to.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Ali

Ali

Honestly brother you should take matters into your own hands. How come that trans- and queer people are entitled to own bathrooms or even invade yours while your company can’t respect your heritage and actually is guilty of hygienic discrimination. I suggest not whipping your ass anymore after a number two, let them smell it. If that doesn’t work just start cleaning your intimate parts at the sink at work. As Italians we should muscle up and start demanding things we’re entitled to.
Are you Italian?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 723)