swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Portugal is awesome, to live, not work lol.
I can concur.

I mean the pay is like slightly higher than 3rd world country level in Portugal, compared to rest of west Europe. That was straight from Portuguese mouths themselves when I was there last summer. One our Lisbon tour guides told us she made more in a week in London then she would do 2 months in Lisbon.

And their collective traffic workers going on strike several times a year because they are paid so low, like a 4th of what respective job would had in neighbouring Western Europe countries.

Like the Greek a decade ago, you can now find Portuguese peeps work migrating to North Europe in random countries (met a few Portuguese in estonia/lithuania and finland) because of the job market.
Yep. People going back for a summer to make bank in NYC so they can live off a PT salary the rest of the year in Lisbon and make ends meet. Happens a bit.

Some guy beat off on you on the train?
Is it no-pants day on the train, which for Dru is called "today"?

Indigenous Americans are the original America inhabitants.
Bullcrap. Vikings before them, and they weren't the first invaders either.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #371,634

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    This is an Emmy Award-winning documentary about a girl who spent her early life chained in a bedroom. Brought up in confinement, "Genie" was primitive, brutish, and hardly capable of walking or talking. NOVA follows the contentious attempts to unbolt the secret of the wild child who has reached near maturity in an agonizing seclusion with almost no human contact.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Then I need to visit Cali (besides the awesome weather), because I liked berlin only time I was there, fun loving hippies :D Bit out of touch, but nothing but good vibes.

But in Paris despite the rep of scenic city, like 7/10 peeps you met were unbearable asshats. Sometimes stereotypes are so fucking true :D And my friends and family allways tell me I'm too positive and accepting, and see the silver lining in anyone I meet or places I visit. But Paris defenitely rubbed me the wrong way.

Parisians are rude and obnoxious, but at least it's obvious for everyone to see.

Swedes and Norwegians however are pretty hypocritical, when you meet them abroad. It's supposed to be all Scandi charm, but in reality they feel high and mighty and better than the rest of the world. Of course it doesn't help that to them everything is cheap if they wander outside Scandinavia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 473)

• Ali