swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You don't have a little knob on the inside-facing door handle that locks or unlocks it? :shifty:

Same thing took mine out. Some asshole without a license blew through a red light while my brother was driving.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/09/23/car-slams-into-t-mobile-store/

I was never going to get rid of that car, it was going to outlive us all :cry:
Damn! At least you have a newscast video of the aftermath. You're lucky to be ok... it looks like it took your entire front-end.

And yours was cherry red too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

agreed. this genius should have stayed at home too:

That guy in the van was supragenius. Clearly he was pissed at the other car because he was blocking the passing lane. So when he goes aggro and passes him on the right, not only does he slow him down to a stop on a freeway. Not only does the additional car behind them turn on flashers to warn drivers behind. But he gets a fourth car to ignore the flashers, decide to drive up the barrier, only graze the third car, and pretty much impale the target car of his wrath.

Well done, gray van driver. Well done. My hat is off to you, sir.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Damn! At least you have a newscast video of the aftermath. You're lucky to be ok... it looks like it took your entire front-end.

And yours was cherry red too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That guy in the van was supragenius. Clearly he was pissed at the other car because he was blocking the passing lane. So when he goes aggro and passes him on the right, not only does he slow him down to a stop on a freeway. Not only does the additional car behind them turn on flashers to warn drivers behind. But he gets a fourth car to ignore the flashers, decide to drive up the barrier, only graze the third car, and pretty much impale the target car of his wrath.

Well done, gray van driver. Well done. My hat is off to you, sir.
and which is not shown on the vid is that he allegedly fled the scene :baus: he was charged already. all because he couldn't wait how long? a minute?

brake checkers are cancer. i'd never let anyone drive ever again after a similar incident.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
and which is not shown on the vid is that he allegedly fled the scene :baus: he was charged already. all because he couldn't wait how long? a minute?

brake checkers are cancer. i'd never let anyone drive ever again after a similar incident.
Brake checkers are a cancer, but then so are people falling asleep in the passing lane. Both contribute to unnecessary accidents.

Though the latter is definitely worse in the US than Hungary.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Brake checkers are a cancer, but then so are people falling asleep in the passing lane. Both contribute to unnecessary accidents.

Though the latter is definitely worse in the US than Hungary.
we have much more brake checkers indeed. there was a famous case when a local celebrity (former president of ferencváros lol, influencer, media personality, tv show host, guy has it all) brake checked a local bus that hit the guy's rented bentley :lol: bentley was badly damaged. the case stayed under the radar for like 2 years, then somehow went viral so the police was forced to investigate. without the social media buzz around it, the guy could have simply walked.

our sleepers (truck drivers) mostly sleep abroad :baus:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do people in the UK usually take all their holidays? @JuveJay

I was surprised to find that I already have lots of holidays. In Bolivia you have to complete one year of working before you can take holidays.
In the UK holidays come as standard with any new job, by law. Almost all 5 day week jobs have a minimum of 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays.

I suppose it depends on the job or circumstances whether people take all of them but in some cases you might be too busy or not want to take them, in that case you could check if your employer will carry them over to the next working year or see if they will buy them off you, there are other forms of accrument as well. Ask HR or your payroll team.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Rare CNN footage of Europeans cruising on autobahn with unlocked doors (infact they got no doors at all!)
I was hoping for flames and fireballs. :sad:

we have much more brake checkers indeed. there was a famous case when a local celebrity (former president of ferencváros lol, influencer, media personality, tv show host, guy has it all) brake checked a local bus that hit the guy's rented bentley :lol: bentley was badly damaged. the case stayed under the radar for like 2 years, then somehow went viral so the police was forced to investigate. without the social media buzz around it, the guy could have simply walked.

our sleepers (truck drivers) mostly sleep abroad :baus:
Damn. I don't get the psychology of brake checkers though.

The closest I ever did as an offender was when I was living in Maryland and late at night some car was tailgating me. So rather than brake, I drove really slow. Basically so he would get irritated and pass me. Maybe he was just a late-night drunk, but on a four-lane road he still just crawled behind me at intersections, etc.

Stupid of me, looking back at it. In America, people will shoot you in the face over that.

In the UK holidays come as standard with any new job, by law. Almost all 5 day week jobs have a minimum of 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays.
Can someone please explain the UK holiday system anyway? I mean, is it customary to send friends and loved ones greeting cards for "Happy Early May Bank Holiday" versus ones for "Spring Bank Holiday"??

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Can someone please explain the UK holiday system anyway? I mean, is it customary to send friends and loved ones greeting cards for "Happy Early May Bank Holiday" versus ones for "Spring Bank Holiday"??
Lol no. It just means a day off work as financial institutions are closed that day. We have an extra one this summer for the Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations. Should run nicely alongside Prince Andrew's trial.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lol no. It just means a day off work as financial institutions are closed that day. We have an extra one this summer for the Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations. Should run nicely alongside Prince Andrew's trial.
Of course I'm being facetious. In a way, I have to give the UK credit for just saying, "Look... we just get the day off. Who dafuq cares why'?"

But every other country pours purpose and reason and national identity in theirs. I find it odd that Portugal has a number of Catholic holidays as bank holidays, and yet nobody really observes -- or recognizes -- the religious origins.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

I suppose it depends on the job or circumstances whether people take all of them but in some cases you might be too busy or not want to take them, in that case you could check if your employer will carry them over to the next working year or see if they will buy them off you, there are other forms of accrument as well. Ask HR or your payroll team.
Yeah, I'm already aware of my company's policy on this. You can only carry 5 days over on the condition you tried to take this time off but weren't allowed by your manager.

They don't compensate us for unused holidays either so I guess they are encouraging us to take time off.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm already aware of my company's policy on this. You can only carry 5 days over on the condition you tried to take this time off but weren't allowed by your manager.

They don't compensate us for unused holidays either so I guess they are encouraging us to take time off.
Seems normal. I just take it off. Some jobs have paid me instead if I'm short of a few.

If you are talking about the ethics of taking time off then absolutely it's normal to use them all.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I'm turning 29 in August of this year. I've been with the gf for over 3 years and a part of me doesn't want to stay with the same woman even though I love her.

I feel too young to commit but also too old to be single and looking for tiddies on weekends. How are other tuzzers doing in this regard?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm turning 29 in August of this year. I've been with the gf for over 3 years and a part of me doesn't want to stay with the same woman even though I love her.

I feel too young to commit but also too old to be single and looking for tiddies on weekends. How are other tuzzers doing in this regard?
Been there. It's not gonna work long term, so don't waste any more of her or your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1104)