s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ah, what a great christmas it's gonna be.

Grandpa coming back from the hospital being diagnosed with an incurable cancer. Probably gonna follow grandma within a year or so. Just won't get into your head how seemingly healthy people drop dead within a few months.
sorry to read this, man. my grandpa passed away just like this: healthy in november, held, hugged and kissed my son like he was the 8th wonder for him, gone in february. you cannot be prepared for it. as @AFL_ITALIA wrote, just try to make it easier for him and spend some time with him until you can. :dule:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I too lost my last grandparent a couple of years ago now. My mother's side both when I wasnt old enough to remember, and my grandad in 1997. So if you got to your 30s with more than one grandparent you did better than me.

Got four days off now but it's going to be four days of stewing before a showdown with my boss on Tuesday. I've been at the company nearly 4 years now and don't think there is any appreciation for what I do or how many people I manage. Things came to a head yesterday when lots of management staff but also a few randoms went out for a full day off on what was basically a piss up jolly. I didn't even know anything about it, and this is a small company where I have a central position, so it was some effort to keep it quiet by all those involved.

I think that's simply a lack of respect and has created a divide which can't exist within a small company that he likes to sell as a "family". I will tell him as much next week. Problem is the guy is basically a maniac with a quick temper, and spoiled single child syndrome, so there is every chance he will react badly. I don't think he'd tried to sack me as my role is too important, but obviously not important enough... I've applied for other jobs anyway, just in case I have to hand my notice in.
Sorry to hear that, Jay. What industry do you work in?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I too lost my last grandparent a couple of years ago now. My mother's side both when I wasnt old enough to remember, and my grandad in 1997. So if you got to your 30s with more than one grandparent you did better than me.

Got four days off now but it's going to be four days of stewing before a showdown with my boss on Tuesday. I've been at the company nearly 4 years now and don't think there is any appreciation for what I do or how many people I manage. Things came to a head yesterday when lots of management staff but also a few randoms went out for a full day off on what was basically a piss up jolly. I didn't even know anything about it, and this is a small company where I have a central position, so it was some effort to keep it quiet by all those involved.

I think that's simply a lack of respect and has created a divide which can't exist within a small company that he likes to sell as a "family". I will tell him as much next week. Problem is the guy is basically a maniac with a quick temper, and spoiled single child syndrome, so there is every chance he will react badly. I don't think he'd tried to sack me as my role is too important, but obviously not important enough... I've applied for other jobs anyway, just in case I have to hand my notice in.
I cannot even begin to figure out what a "piss up jolly" is.

But it definitely sounds to me like it's time to move on, especially if the boss is an asshole. If you're not appreciated for your work, sure it sucks right now, but it also means there's probably not going to be any sort of promotion or raise later on either.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

Grandpa coming back from the hospital being diagnosed with an incurable cancer. Probably gonna follow grandma within a year or so. Just won't get into your head how seemingly healthy people drop dead within a few months.
Damn, that's some terrible news. I'm sorry to hear.

Even tho it's very sad and his condition may be bad, but I'm sure he will enjoy those christmas holidays spending some time with you and your family.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m part of the “No grandparents left” club too. :sad:
Me too, since 17 years already. I have some nice memories from my childhood..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I decided to write a new book. I mean, it's nothing ZOMG since I knew I'd go down that line sooner or later, but there's hunger for more lines on the paper.

I'll be writing about devil judging a man from a perspective of sin. I'll see whether it develops into a book or just one big story.

It will probably take quite a lot of time, so there's certainly no pressure there. I'll probably dedicate more of myself towards this book than the previous one with a more serious approach while avoiding the previous mistakes as well. And if everything goes as planned, I will send it for at least some competition(s).
Ballin'! Include lots of suffering. Because you're a writer, man. :D

Sorry to hear that. It sucks, but it is also a human rite of passage. Get the most you can out of your last days.

Damn, my biggest problem is the 22 year old administrative assistant with a crush on me and the office gossip that comes with that.
First world problems

nah, she’s super cute.
OK, now you're just rubbing it in ... to the curtains.

Just got around to finishing my video from Cocos

Sweet! Glad you didn't have to evacuate a bunch of cruise ship Instagrammers.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ballin'! Include lots of suffering. Because you're a writer, man. :D

Sorry to hear that. It sucks, but it is also a human rite of passage. Get the most you can out of your last days.

First world problems

OK, now you're just rubbing it in ... to the curtains.

Sweet! Glad you didn't have to evacuate a bunch of cruise ship Instagrammers.
36 hour boat journey will discourage most

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Colleague was sent to Rome to establish some sort of supply chain with Italians. After the poor girl returned a month later she was ready for the nuthouse. Also, obviously two days after she left shit instantly collapsed. Why are other countries so useless at creating value?
Tbh Germs are great at doing things in a mechanical format/manner. Even teaching, when done by a German is the most effective things I’ve experienced

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So I handed in my notice at work today. Went slightly better than expected and amicable at least. I said we'll just agree to disagree on quite a few things, especially how employees are treated differently, and just shook hands.

He started to back down a little when I was walking off and said maybe he did make the wrong decision but I just said that we all make decisions and just deal with them in life. I can't be fairer than I have been, and work takes up far too much of your time to spend it unhappy.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So I handed in my notice at work today. Went slightly better than expected and amicable at least. I said we'll just agree to disagree on quite a few things, especially how employees are treated differently, and just shook hands.

He started to back down a little when I was walking off and said maybe he did make the wrong decision but I just said that we all make decisions and just deal with them in life. I can't be fairer than I have been, and work takes up far too much of your time to spend it unhappy.
:agree: Life is far too short to waste it on work bullshit. Hopefully only better things to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 946)