Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I decided to write a new book. I mean, it's nothing ZOMG since I knew I'd go down that line sooner or later, but there's hunger for more lines on the paper.

I'll be writing about devil judging a man from a perspective of sin. I'll see whether it develops into a book or just one big story.

It will probably take quite a lot of time, so there's certainly no pressure there. I'll probably dedicate more of myself towards this book than the previous one with a more serious approach while avoiding the previous mistakes as well. And if everything goes as planned, I will send it for at least some competition(s).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
$1000 invested at 20 with 7% annual interest => 21k at 65.

Same 1000 if you invest at 40 gives you $5427 at 65.

It's an exponential curve.

So, no, one shouldn't start thinking about retirement at 40. You've to specify your end game, develop a plan accordingly, and stick to it. And yes, it should be a balanced plan. You don't want to not do anything till you're 65 either.

/Your worldview shattered like the German's
He was probably joking with that "40" comment, you know :p

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
$1000 invested at 20 with 7% annual interest => 21k at 65.

Same 1000 if you invest at 40 gives you $5427 at 65.

It's an exponential curve.

So, no, one shouldn't start thinking about retirement at 40. You've to specify your end game, develop a plan accordingly, and stick to it. And yes, it should be a balanced plan. You don't want to not do anything till you're 65 either.

/Your worldview shattered like the German's
I fucking hate to give my money away "voluntarily" to a retirement fund. I don't even know if I'll make it to 65. I'd rather have that money in my pocket and enjoy/invest it myself.

As of now I have a side hustle apart from my job which is making me some juicy money week in week out. I know I'll make it big sooner rather than later. I would never rely on a retirement fund since they're all broke.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I fucking hate to give my money away "voluntarily" to a retirement fund. I don't even know if I'll make it to 65. I'd rather have that money in my pocket and enjoy/invest it myself.

As of now I have a side hustle apart from my job which is making me some juicy money week in week out. I know I'll make it big sooner rather than later. I would never rely on a retirement fund since they're all broke.
yeah, if you turn 65 and you’re broke, might as well just off yourself

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

These days it's def a good idea to have multiple sources of income, but side hustles and investments aren't mutually exclusive.

There are other ways you can invest besides retirement funds. You can only put max 5k a year in Roth IRA.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
These days it's def a good idea to have multiple sources of income, but side hustles and investments aren't mutually exclusive.

There are other ways you can invest besides retirement funds. You can only put max 5k a year in Roth IRA.
Sure, I agree one should be making in investments but 7% is just not worth it. I associate the word investment with doing business and doing business means (at least to me) getting a return much higher than a single digit.

You're right on one thing tho. There should be some kind balance between risky and conservative investments. Some people are just risk-averse and that's fine but they'll never be truly wealthy that way.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Sure, I agree one should be making in investments but 7% is just not worth it. I associate the word investment with doing business and doing business means (at least to me) getting a return much higher than a single digit.

You're right on one thing tho. There should be some kind balance between risky and conservative investments. Some people are just risk-averse and that's fine but they'll never be truly wealthy that way.
7% is a low return? Which country do you live in?

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I decided to write a new book. I mean, it's nothing ZOMG since I knew I'd go down that line sooner or later, but there's hunger for more lines on the paper.

I'll be writing about devil judging a man from a perspective of sin. I'll see whether it develops into a book or just one big story.

It will probably take quite a lot of time, so there's certainly no pressure there. I'll probably dedicate more of myself towards this book than the previous one with a more serious approach while avoiding the previous mistakes as well. And if everything goes as planned, I will send it for at least some competition(s).
:tup: Do it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ah, what a great christmas it's gonna be.

Grandpa coming back from the hospital being diagnosed with an incurable cancer. Probably gonna follow grandma within a year or so. Just won't get into your head how seemingly healthy people drop dead within a few months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1135)