Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:lol: Yeah, fuck that place then. I'd be looking to burn that place to the ground. Don't be hurt by it, use it as fuel for personal growth since clearly you've already experienced substantial monetary growth. I'm surprised you've stayed there so long to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Moreso than finance though?
Probably very similar.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I was just talking about this with another former coworker. When you're working there, you don't realise how fucked up everything is. So you just keep going along with it.

But when you get out, man, you think where the fuck did these past years go and why did I invest them in these people?

You are right though it is good fuel for personal growth. In my case it's building an armor. Either you get destroyed and leave the law or you toughen up and go get what is yours.

Btw this sort of shit is why most people do end up quitting. I'd say the vast majority of people who start as lawyers in Belgium drop out after three to four years.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Sounds like you're on the right path now, in any case. Fuck them up in court next time :agree:

I used to work a finance/support role on the "bad" side of worker's comp. Goddamn, the amount of bullshit there...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
sounds like a rewarding career path.
Why do you think most tv shows about lawyers are actually about power struggles within the own firm?

I was very naive up to a few months ago. I truly believed that the real world was not like that and you just had to do your job. Couldn't have been more wrong really.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sounds like you're on the right path now, in any case. Fuck them up in court next time :agree:

I used to work a finance/support role on the "bad" side of worker's comp. Goddamn, the amount of bullshit there...
I have to admit that I have been hurt incredibly by this experience. It's not in my nature to fuck over people I have known for years. But apparently others do it without hesitation. In a sense that means I have a real disadvantage in my own field and it is a difficult world for me to navigate.

I never realised quite how much you have to be like Harvey Specter to do this job.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Co worker friends and friends arent the same thing. Especially if you dont ever hang out outside work except occasional after work drinks. Doesnt matter how much heart to hearts you have at work, and genuinely friendly it is between you all. You generally lose said friendship as soon as someone changes job.

Some are worth the effort of trying to maintain afterwards tho.
:agree:

For example I made some very close friends in my company. With two of them I even go to festivals with camping for 3-4 days, go skiing in winter, play cards or go to raves on weekend. I've seen them (and they me) in the absolute worst conditions, lol.

And one of them will change the job in january. We've talked a lot about it before she resigned. I could be that honest to tell her that she should leave et cetera, because it was the best for her, even tho it's a pity not to hang out anymore during coffebreak and lunchtime.

But I think the relationship to them is quite special considering they're coworkers.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I just got a contract with a Fortune 500 oil company.

The industry is suffering right now and that helped me get the contract. The company is on resource optimization mode so they decided on the cheap option for this service.

Now just gotta dust off my contract analysis skills.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit that I have been hurt incredibly by this experience. It's not in my nature to fuck over people I have known for years. But apparently others do it without hesitation. In a sense that means I have a real disadvantage in my own field and it is a difficult world for me to navigate.

I never realised quite how much you have to be like Harvey Specter to do this job.

Law, business, finance, it's all the same when you get really competitive.

I've had competitors try to take down my Facebook page :howler: fuckin pathetic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I've had competitors try to take down my Facebook page :howler: fuckin pathetic.
My old firm updated their website, but they don't have a new group photo yet. A couple of months ago I didn't want a particular photograph to be used, because I thought I did not look good in it. And they didn't use it for that reason. They have now updated the site and put up that specific picture.

I mean...

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
My old firm updated their website, but they don't have a new group photo yet. A couple of months ago I did want a particular photograph to be used, because I thought I did not look good in it. And they didn't use it for that reason. They have now updated the site and put up that specific picture.

I mean...
:lol: at that point you have to applaud such pettiness, such a subtle cuntish thing to do

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

I'm no lawyer of course, but I don't necessarily think you have to. However, if someone wrongs you, then you hit back with 10 times the force. Have a reputation for it.

My old firm updated their website, but they don't have a new group photo yet. A couple of months ago I didn't want a particular photograph to be used, because I thought I did not look good in it. And they didn't use it for that reason. They have now updated the site and put up that specific picture.

I mean...
:lol: Children

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Was all this caused by you asking for a raise? I imagine you don't get this petty by simply replacing an employee. Looks odd
Yes, the fact I asked for a raise caused all of this, but apparently they have squandered a lot of money in recent years and simply have financial problems.

But they definitely do get that petty. I've seen it happen to others before me. It's all part of this weird group dynamic they have going on. Once you're out, they want to do everyting they can to hurt you. Of course it's also because they're stressed out as fuck. When you work there, you work hard. And that's precisely because they keep replacing senior associates with interns.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I mean...
Next step is to have the intern photoshop his own face over yours.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm no lawyer of course, but I don't necessarily think you have to. However, if someone wrongs you, then you hit back with 10 times the force. Have a reputation for it.
You know the competing firm I joined? They have great difficulty attracting lawyers because they have a reputation for being tough as fuck and everyone is scared shitless of them. You can see why I really wanted that job.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

I mean...
Love it :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1210)