Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The earliest known burial rites date back 300,000 years. And that's just what we know. In the last 300,000 years we've seen funerals in every society we have ever known. So yeah, apparently they do make a lot of sense.

And to say that you wouldn't go to a funeral, because you "don't like funerals". My God. If you can't even understand just how egocentric that is, all hope is lost.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, before they met.

+30 guys for a 23 year old girl is a quite a bit lol. Surely not the kind of woman I'd bring home to my parents.
I don't see a problem with it. She's young and likes sex, big deal. Wouldn't care one bit as long as she doesn't cheat on me while i'm with her. Big lol at the parents part. Do you need their approval?

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
You'd like to watch?
Only if they recreate the champagne scene from "My Beautiful Laundrette".

You're a teenager I'm guessing?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Why do you ask that? I see that in your profile says 31yo, you could show that you are that age, starting by using other rhetorical resources to try to offend me. Using age to feel superior and more intelligent is an obsolete resource and it doesn't work with me. The only one who is being ridiculous here is you, acting that way.
I would appreciate it if you put me on your ignored list if you are affected so much by my personal opinions. I notice you too annoyed simply because I said I don't like a certain cultural convention.
But first let me explain why my opinion. What is the meaning of spending hours crying the corpse of a loved one inside a coffin? What's supposed to symbolize that? The duel? Duel is an internal process that each person does for himself. A funeral doesn't measure the love you feel for that person, and you don't have to prove anything to anyone. Also, in that coffin there is no person, there is only a human body, and you aren't honoring the person with that ritual either. It really seems to me something masochistic and sick, yes. I didn't know that it was "egocentric", God.
And your argument is totally ridiculous. If that seems fair to you, then I can say that punishment and torture continue to be carried out in some cultures.

Now please, put me in ignored, adult person.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I don't see a problem with it. She's young and likes sex, big deal. Wouldn't care one bit as long as she doesn't cheat on me while i'm with her. Big lol at the parents part. Do you need their approval?
Of course I don't need their approval, silly. It's just a way of saying I would probably not get in a long term relationship with someone like that.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Of course I don't need their approval, silly. It's just a way of saying I would probably not get in a long term relationship with someone like that.
She might have seen enough dicks by now and is ready for something serious. Holding it against her that she fucked around alot is kinda silly imo. If it was you in place of her, you'd boast about it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Why do you ask that? I see that in your profile says 31yo, you could show that you are that age, starting by using other rhetorical resources to try to offend me. Using age to feel superior and more intelligent is an obsolete resource and it doesn't work with me. The only one who is being ridiculous here is you, acting that way.
I would appreciate it if you put me on your ignored list if you are affected so much by my personal opinions. I notice you too annoyed simply because I said I don't like a certain cultural convention.
But first let me explain why my opinion. What is the meaning of spending hours crying the corpse of a loved one inside a coffin? What's supposed to symbolize that? The duel? Duel is an internal process that each person does for himself. A funeral doesn't measure the love you feel for that person, and you don't have to prove anything to anyone. Also, in that coffin there is no person, there is only a human body, and you aren't honoring the person with that ritual either. It really seems to me something masochistic and sick, yes. I didn't know that it was "egocentric", God.
And your argument is totally ridiculous. If that seems fair to you, then I can say that punishment and torture continue to be carried out in some cultures.

I rarely agree with Seven, but this is such a terrible frigging post.

It's NOT about you and your feelings on "outdated" ritual. Depending on your relation, you go to funeral to pay your respect, grieve or offer your support to the family in extremely tough times. End of, there is literally nothing else to say.

Bizzarely callous attitude because you said this about your family, with father in law.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Wow. Just wow. That you think people go to funerals because they are trying to prove something to others.. Jesus Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend can't deal with the fact that his girlfriend slept around in Uni (+30 sex partners). He's only slept with around 10 people.

Dunno what to tell him.

That he should dump her, because it is something he can't get over. You can debate this all you want and say it sucks for a girl to be judged, just because she had many sexual partners, but it appears to be a dealbreaker for him. So either he pretends it isn't, because he believes he should be okay with this, and it continues to eat away at him for years until he finally dumps her. Or he dumps her straight away.

- - - Updated - - -

And you'll believe if when she's 25yo and when she says that you're her third? LOL.

It's just that some are actually honest.
Always believe people, until they give you reason not to. It's the only way life is bearable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 69)