swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Listening to Depeche Mode's new single and damn they went all political. Yes, more please. This is the perfect time for protest music to make a comeback. This ostentatious gangsta hip hop pop crap isn't cutting it. Make punk great again!! :baus:
It's going to be a huge boon for punk music, music, and the arts in general, IMO. This is going to be like the 80s again.

Some woman called me from 2am to 4am last night wanting me to let her up to my apartment. She knew my name and everything.

Only problem, I live in a house.
Sure it wasn't the Mexican cops looking to score?

Nothing like the day after 'coke and hokkers' :lol: :pado:
:lol:

WΏΏdy? has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Woody -- delete ALC's pics already.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It's going to be a huge boon for punk music, music, and the arts in general, IMO. This is going to be like the 80s again.
You mean like the 70s, right? We're already in the 80s again : horrible fashion, crap pop and generic electronic music and... Wait for it... Arnold trending!
:D

But I do hope it happens. It's about time we have an exciting music scene again. Enough with artists talking about hoes, caviar and limousines.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

Sure it wasn't the Mexican cops looking to score?

:lol:

Woody -- delete ALC's pics already.
I was thankfully spared from the message list in those pms or else i'd be addicted to them like you are to coffee.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You mean like the 70s, right? We're already in the 80s again : horrible fashion, crap pop and generic electronic music and... Wait for it... Arnold trending!
:D

But I do hope it happens. It's about time we have an exciting music scene again. Enough with artists talking about hoes, caviar and limousines.
Not exactly. By the late 70s, maybe. But the early 70s was about recession and war and horrible fashion and energy crises.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It isn't. Give me Public Enemy over any of this "look at me doing hand signs to look cool" bs. It's time for real protest music to take on the mainstream. Enough with the RnB happy bs music. A chaotic world requires a chaotic soundtrack.
There's genuine protest/political rappers out there, you just have to look. This guy music surpassed Public Enemy's in content while back IMO, been listening to him for last 15 years.

Just a light started, there's alot more, if you want a fun one search one called rich mans world (1 procent) :D

'When I was a child, the devil himself bought me a mic, but I refused the offer cuz God told me to strike '

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Shame he seems to have given up on The Middle Passage though

- - - Updated - - -

Btw @CrimsonianKing that video was more meant as a joke :D

But yeah, there's plenty of political rap if you look for it. Hell, Kendrick is pretty much universally considered to be the best rapper in the game right now and his music has overt or subtle political tones throughout.

That last song wasn't the unofficial anthem of the police shootings protest last year for no reason.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Shame he seems to have given up on The Middle Passage though

Yeah too bad, he released two albums (one regular and comp one) since he started working on middle passage 10 years ago, at this point I await more The Martyr 2 then middle passage. Anyways I just want any new material by him, any excuse for him to go tour world wide again, last I heard would tour with Talib Kweli, not sure if its happening.

Searched and this is the last thing he said of middle passage couple months ago:

"The Middle Passage" looking like 2nd Quarter 2017. More info coming soon, release date announcements in Dec/Jan. New music top of the year. Yeah we aren't going to stop. People have asked me to make a statement about fascism vs corruption. I will reflect back here with the two of you soon.
"It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you, without a strong rhyme to step to."

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Niiiiiiiiiiice had no idea :weee:

He already went on tour with Talib once, right? Though I got no idea whether that was a world tour or not...
Yeah 2 years ago, but it was north america tour, last time I saw talib was shortly after he had that tour, and he said him and IT want to make it international. 2 years later and it hasnt happend. Who knows why, but its sad legends like these get less and less audience in todays scene.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So there is a song and film clip up on YouTube by a legit Aussie artists that goes through a bunch of Gay fetishes from being shit on to being fisted and shows it in the film clip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 920)