Fred

Oct 2, 2003
traveling, living in many places, and school :D hows the italian going?

- - - Updated - - -

im an open book :p
Really? I asked you a question years ago, you always avoided answering. I was intrigued by you speaking Arabic? Are you originally Arab?

I've been curious for years man, don't keep me hanging :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
traveling, living in many places, and school :D hows the italian going?
I know you for so many years yet you're such a mystery. What's the story behind French/Italian then? :D

It's going... fine... I guess. I'm actually satisfied with how much I know compared with how little I knew exactly one year ago. I remember reading Little Price in Italian and man, it was so hard. :D I had to use dictionary for many words in literally every sentence (bar yes/no parts lol). And it was very tough. Same went for quite basic short articles. But right now I don't have a problem reading short news and much wider selection of vocabulary without much problem. I can also understand quite a lot from games, videos and pocast (although I didn't listen to many, just some Leonardo da Vinci). For example, a couple of days I was listening to some guy speaking in a video for 11 minutes or so and I understood literally 99% of it and it felt great. Right now I'm ready Cuore by Edmondo de Amicis. I understand quite a lot but I still lose the string. But right now I'm just reading without looking at dictionary so it's more like solving a puzzle instantly.

My problem is still building sentences myself and speaking (although I never speak... but then again, I never speak in English too, but at least I know I can do it). I always hated gramatica so I'm usually just being exposed to the language as much as possible. And I know I have lots of free time right now but staying motivated despite being thrown on the ground by various BS is kinda hard. And it's quite demanding since I read to literature every day (every morning actually) so it kinda drys me out which makes it hard to focus on Italian later. And you know what, it's impossible for me right now to ignore Dostoyevsky, Kafka, Camus and my other food for soul. :D So yeah, lol, that's basically the answer. Shortly I'm very happy but it's still kinda frustrating. And what's frustrating even more is that I feel like learning another language but I don't think it's a good idea since I'm gonna burn out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 662)