swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My point would be not to waste your money on anything -- just pay a nearby café for a decent espresso -- until you get to that price point. Home espresso machines notoriously suck, and many of their manufacturers offer cheaper half-measures that are a complete waste of money.

Ragazza has probably sold hundreds of them at SLT. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My point would be not to waste your money on anything -- just pay a nearby café for a decent espresso -- until you get to that price point. Home espresso machines notoriously suck, and many of their manufacturers offer cheaper half-measures that are a complete waste of money.

It depends. In my experience Saeco offers decent espresso machines at okay prices. It's not the best coffee, but it's good enough for its intended purpose in my case (which is basically being able to have a fast cup of coffee in the morning).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

:tup:

It depends. In my experience Saeco offers decent espresso machines at okay prices. It's not the best coffee, but it's good enough for its intended purpose in my case (which is basically being able to have a fast cup of coffee in the morning).
Btw, why Law? I never asked you.

It's pretty weird how people study nowadays, it's like they don't know which direction to take. You studied history which is fine but MA in Law? I don't know if that's common there but I've never heard that. I know some who study economics and opt for Law later, but I can see why they do it as it offers more versatility in both fields as they are sort of connected. At least partly.

I also saw Hoori finish math but opts for MA in Marketing.

I'm not saying it's a wrong call. Just curious what's the reason behind it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Btw, why Law? I never asked you.

It's pretty weird how people study nowadays, it's like they don't know which direction to take. You studied history which is fine but MA in Law? I don't know if that's common there but I've never heard that. I know some who study economics and opt for Law later, but I can see why they do it as it offers more versatility in both fields as they are sort of connected. At least partly.

I also saw Hoori finish math but opts for MA in Marketing.

I'm not saying it's a wrong call. Just curious what's the reason behind it.

Mostly because I like to know what my rights are and because I like to argue a point. I'm definitely not sure that I will be a lawyer my entire life though. The job has loads of stress and the fighting can get tiresome.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mostly because I like to know what my rights are and because I like to argue a point. I'm definitely not sure that I will be a lawyer my entire life though. The job has loads of stress and the fighting can get tiresome.
So what would you consider if you rule out lawyer's job?

Can you teach history in some high school or you guys need a MA in history field? My friend recently started studying History and he heard how there's a new law where you can't teach in high school unless you have a MA. At this point we (in Belgrade only) have ~3k historians who are unemployed which is a rough number cause unlike economics where you can find different type of jobs, they don't have as much space. And there aren't plenty of museums here, at least not enough to get a job.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
People should learn that coffee is something that you're supposed to drink when you wake up. At this point of the evening people should be drinking beer! :beer:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
People should learn that coffee is something that you're supposed to drink when you wake up. At this point of the evening people should be drinking beer! :beer:
I always found it weird when people drink coffee to 'wake them up'. Same with the 'don't drink it before you go to sleep'. I used to drink it at midnight and crash at 02:00 like nothing happened. It never did it to me. I drink it because it's awesome.

Unlike beer. Beer is not awesome and it smells horrible.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I always found it weird when people drink coffee to 'wake them up'. Same with the 'don't drink it before you go to sleep'. I used to drink it at midnight and crash at 02:00 like nothing happened. It never did it to me. I drink it because it's awesome.

Unlike beer. Beer is not awesome and it smells horrible.
Beer is what? What whaaat? :shocked:

But yea, coffee really doesn't "wake you up" or make you stay up all night. At weekends I normally wake up to drink some coffee and then go back to sleep. But morning coffee is still the best coffee evah! :drool:

Two dicks, one stroke.

Shit like that should be criminalized. :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
And here I thought I was buzzed. I'm sitting next to a dude on the subway who keeps stroking his knees likes he's about to Ralph all over the commuter in front of him. :shifty:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422416189.248237.jpg
Oh, the people you see on BART...

That sounds cool, I take it it's finished by now? If so how was it :D

I just had a rescheduled interview with the Napolitana, went well and they'll let me know what's up by the end of next week.
I can't really tell how it went, she was really critical of me during it, but afterwards she said I did a good job and then she wanted to talk pay. She's going to call me in the next week to let me know the outcome I guess.

The rest of the stuff below the Silvia's price point is pretty much landfill.
Have you ever tried the Breville Barista Express? It's the only manual machine we sell at SLT, but we don't really demo it so I've never actually tasted what the quality is like.

And yes, I have sold lots of substandard espresso machines. :D Honestly I'm fine with Nespresso, because they're both inexpensive and convenient, and when you buy one you don't really expect to get world class espresso in the first place. But it's the people who want to drop $3000 on a Jura that make me go "wtf".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 553)