Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Beer is what? What whaaat? :shocked:

But yea, coffee really doesn't "wake you up" or make you stay up all night. At weekends I normally wake up to drink some coffee and then go back to sleep. But morning coffee is still the best coffee evah! :drool:
Saying coffee doesn't wake you up is bullshit though. It contains caffeine. Caffeine does that. Beer makes you drunk, because it contains alcohol. I mean, let's not start saying things that don't make any sense, please :).

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
It all depends on your tolerance. Someone who drinks a lot of coffee probably won't see the same effect as someone who only has it occasionally, same with beer or other alcohol.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I have an interview tomorrow and I was told to dress "smart casual." Would dark slacks and a button up be good, or is that "business casual?" A lot of websites say wear a blazer, but I don't even own one :mute:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I have an interview tomorrow and I was told to dress "smart casual." Would dark slacks and a button up be good, or is that "business casual?" A lot of websites say wear a blazer, but I don't even own one :mute:
Blazer, button down, jeans, chelsea boots or drivers depending on the weather.

If you're in NYC I would go with the boots

- - - Updated - - -

Should have asked him about a business plan for the MeatSocks.
Aye, I should've but then what if he steals our idea?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can't really tell how it went, she was really critical of me during it, but afterwards she said I did a good job and then she wanted to talk pay. She's going to call me in the next week to let me know the outcome I guess.
Good sign. :tup: They never want to talk cash unless they're expecting to offer you some. :D

Have you ever tried the Breville Barista Express? It's the only manual machine we sell at SLT, but we don't really demo it so I've never actually tasted what the quality is like.

And yes, I have sold lots of substandard espresso machines. :D Honestly I'm fine with Nespresso, because they're both inexpensive and convenient, and when you buy one you don't really expect to get world class espresso in the first place. But it's the people who want to drop $3000 on a Jura that make me go "wtf".
Nope. I have a manual lever machine at home, though. I love what it produces, but it's a bit of work is the real drawback.

But the $3000 Jura thing is the worst of all worlds: the price of a super-deluxe espresso machine but the quality of a converted toaster oven.

:lol: That's good. Me likey.

Guess who was on AMA today
AMA? That new ISIS morning show called Allahu Mother@%#$ing Akbar?

I see smart casual as less dressy than business casual, but I could be wrong.

Blazer, button down, jeans, chelsea boots or drivers depending on the weather.

If you're in NYC I would go with the boots
Though it doesn't hurt to error on the side of slightly more formal for a job interview. Nice jeans, a button-down and a sportcoat should do it. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 534)