Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Good question. I don't know...it kinda took months of what he termed "dating" and I termed "hanging out" to agree to even be his girlfriend because I wasn't interested in a relationship. I wonder if the married people have any advice on how do you know you're not making a big fat mistake?
Honestly, I was never 100% sure, but then again my last relationship was so fucked up that I was always going to be a little apprehensive about other guys. But I definitely don't regret it. I know some people complain that they grow more distant to their spouse after marriage, but for me it's been the opposite. We've grown closer and can be more genuine with each other, which is something I really appreciate. No more worries whether or not you're impressing the other person enough so they stick around. Though there can also be downsides to that, as getting too comfortable can end up being a negative thing too.

My situation was also a little different, since we're from different countries. I had only been with him a matter of months before he proposed, and it ended up being born out of necessity so we wouldn't have to keep flying halfway around the world to see each other. Not saying we didn't also love each other, because we did/do, but I just always imagined myself dating someone for at least a couple years before considering marriage. So normally, I would suggest to not rush into things, I'm just lucky that my case has worked out well.

Yeah, way ahead of you there. Good uh, moment of learning that all was. It's pretty hilarious looking back on it.
Glad you finally came to your senses there. :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Bit of a difficult situation here in work. We have this girl working part-time for us who for the past few weeks has been absent a number of days due to family issues and then a few sick days thrown in the mix. At first I was understanding due to the fact that it would take some kind of degenerate to make up the stories she was just to get out of work. So now she's claiming to be sick and overwhelmed by the issues at home.

Aside from the fact that all her calls/texts to notify me of these problems are sometimes a half hour before work, I was willing to accommodate her. Only now it's been brought to my attention that her facebook page has been updated quite regularly with pictures of her and her friends drinking and attending a concert among other things.

It's a difficult one because I can't prove that these were older photos or uploaded on the day of her absent days. Either she's a complete retard because (a) she's been found out or (b) if you're sick or facing serious issues with your family, the last thing you do is post music videos and pictures of you drinking whiskey from the bottle like nothing is up.

I'm so mad at the fact that she thinks she's getting away with all of this. Absenteeism is frowned upon heavily in our workplace, it's the first time someone has missed a day in well over a year, and it obviously puts pressure on the rest of us.

I put a lot of time and effort into training her as well so I feel like I've been betrayed somewhat. I hope I'm wrong and all her excuses are truthful, but if it turns out to be the opposite I'm looking forward to firing her ass.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Bit of a difficult situation here in work. We have this girl working part-time for us who for the past few weeks has been absent a number of days due to family issues and then a few sick days thrown in the mix. At first I was understanding due to the fact that it would take some kind of degenerate to make up the stories she was just to get out of work. So now she's claiming to be sick and overwhelmed by the issues at home.

Aside from the fact that all her calls/texts to notify me of these problems are sometimes a half hour before work, I was willing to accommodate her. Only now it's been brought to my attention that her facebook page has been updated quite regularly with pictures of her and her friends drinking and attending a concert among other things.

It's a difficult one because I can't prove that these were older photos or uploaded on the day of her absent days. Either she's a complete retard because (a) she's been found out or (b) if you're sick or facing serious issues with your family, the last thing you do is post music videos and pictures of you drinking whiskey from the bottle like nothing is up.

I'm so mad at the fact that she thinks she's getting away with all of this. Absenteeism is frowned upon heavily in our workplace, it's the first time someone has missed a day in well over a year, and it obviously puts pressure on the rest of us.

I put a lot of time and effort into training her as well so I feel like I've been betrayed somewhat. I hope I'm wrong and all her excuses are truthful, but if it turns out to be the opposite I'm looking forward to firing her ass.
I worked with a person who did the exact same thing. We even told him it was stupid, but the idiot kept doing it. Some people just don't think.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If you're going to do that atleast have the common courtesy to not post facebook updates and throw them in the face of your boss. That's a whole other kind of low life :lol:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I worked with a person who did the exact same thing. We even told him it was stupid, but the idiot kept doing it. Some people just don't think.
The thing is, everybody in here has lost all respect for her. Can't see how she's gonna be able to reintegrate knowing that we're all aware she's a liar and a fraud. Cannot stand people like that, sort your life out or go somewhere else.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
If you're going to do that atleast have the common courtesy to not post facebook updates and throw them in the face of your boss. That's a whole other kind of low life :lol:
I mean she had to cheek to text me off a friends phone telling me her phone was broken, and yet all of the facebook uploads are 'mobile uploads' :disagree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seems clear cut Fint, had similar situation with someone who did this whenever he would work weekend mornings (his Facebook said everything but sick) needless to say, he didn't last more then 3 weeks with us. Sounds like you should give up on someone like this, extra staff you need to be hard on or they will take advantage of you.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
We're trying to put a case together to action a disciplinary right now. Will be difficult to fire her without more evidence I guess, so we're hoping a disciplinary will be enough for her to get the message that we have no need for her :xfinger:

It's either that or a trip to the hardware store again, lime ain't cheap you know.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #316,815
    :lol2:

I know, which means I'm just going to be crazier than I already was.

Greg got all butthurt over changing his username and lobbied to have me removed.

The hilarious thing was he equated changing one's username is akin to stealing a friend's car and taking his girlfriend too.

What a joke that is.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were having a kid and you find out it will be born with downs... What would you do? This might sound horrible, especially for anyone that has siblings with downs or anything like that... But I think I'd push for an abortion.
    Burke's Abortion Clinic, you make '''em, we scrape '''em, no fetus can beat us!

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4589084 said:

I know, which means I'm just going to be crazier than I already was.

Greg got all butthurt over changing his username and lobbied to have me removed.

The hilarious thing was he equated changing one's username is akin to stealing a friend's car and taking his girlfriend too.

What a joke that is.
    Yeah, the Portugal-USA incident that I of course didn't see coming certainly had a big impact. :)

Don't understand the comparison between the username change and the stealing friend's car either. :D But to be fair, you were a horrible mod. A hilarious and great user, but not someone who should have mod powers. :D I'm looking forward to see you go crazy. :tup:

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4589093 said:
    It'll be like old times when I used to post pictures of my nuts all the time.

Portugal-USA should have ended 3-1 anyway.

So aggravated we couldn't finish them off.
    You didn't even need to finish them off. All that you needed was Bradley not to throw the ball away with 30 seconds to go. Hopefully, you'll advance anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 170)