'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (19 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I'm totally hooked on it right now, just randomly tried their album "Rome" because of Jack White/Norah Jones feautures, and ofcourse those two are involved in the better songs in the album (4 in total), this one is nice too from Norah:

- - - Updated - - -

This danger mouse guy is an insane producer. He has tons of versatile projects under his belt in various genres, done dope mash-up of Beatles white album and Jay-Zs black album (aptly called grey album), done Gorillaz amazingly classic album Demon days (pretty much the reason for that success), duo with Cee-lo to do Gnars Barkley project with instant success, This below Broken Bells project with singer from Shins and etc.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
This song is one of my all time favourites, Stop That Train by Peter Tosh. Lyrically, musically, everything, I find it to be flawless.

Now there is this young root, who has made an interpratation of Peter and the Wailer's tracks. And maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is it worthy of this legendary track. Gonna let you be the judge of it, personally last few days this tracks has been on repeat.

@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=271" target="_blank">Osman</a> I know you'll love this one.

- - - Updated - - -

When I defend the herb from the time I spark and you no like the scent a no my fault

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah its very emotionally raw song, the whole Mama africa album is brilliant (his best clearly). By far the best version of that song, many versions of it.

Lutan Fyah is righteous mofo, extremely good roots singer. Saw him 4 months ago, didnt sing this song though, its bit upbeat compared to the original.

My fav song of his is this below one, the fan made video is lols, dude must been high while making it :D

Best train reggae song for me though is this one, reggae classic musically, "stop thaaaaaat train, I wanna get on, my baby is leaving ne noooooow":

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just saw you edited in/posted a song in the previous post, Ziggi Recado :tup: I recognize the riddim, very chill, Penthouse riddim:

King of Dancehall Beenie Man prolly has the best song on the riddim :cool:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
His new album Therapeutic is FIIIIIIIYAAAAAAAH!! His album, and Pressure's album The Sound (Stop this Train is in it) are imo the best reggae albums this year, one dropped in may, the other in june.

Collie Budz :tup: as usual never disapoints

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Will check them out :tup: The best song prolly from Lutan Fyah's latest album (same name as the songs title, from last year), very serence tune:

- - - Updated - - -

My fav Pressure tune (besides his ultimate hit "Be free") is this one for sure:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Heard that before (his most popular song on spotify) but not seen the video before :tup: Alonzo's sound allways goes the fook in :D Just has this effortless hard hitting vibe in most of his songs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No I dont, havent heard him, he's new or old school?

Edit: Checked, and its a group, and it has Soprano too boot (I like him), weird havent heard them. But havent listened to much Marseille groups lately.

I like this random group project by La Fouine and co:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah just read Alonzo was part of it too lol, like him and Soprano (Alonzo more), I dont understand french unfortunately (annoy my francophone friends by listening to more french music then them lol), dont mind the preachiness then :p

Quickly listening to their catalogue, not hooked on their song persé so far, except in this song :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I'm so gonna bump this in the car :nico: :D

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit Deneb you are the best for mentionning them, was listening to Sultan (chez nous!), and randomly saw he made this song with them, off the hook would be putting it lightly :D
@Fr3sh

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
sy4 de la rime, is made up of several rappers from marseille, alonzo was part of the group before, it's more old school and "preachy" so to speak

Preachy, too an extent but maaan these guys are technical as fuck!

And one of my favourite by RedK, not part of Psy4 de la rime, but been working a lot with Sopra Baba

But the video sucks :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)