'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (73 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its semi catchy due to chorus and the beat (Lupe on a trap beat, like most, like everyone's from Atlanta nowadays...), but seriously what happend to Lupe?

I dont mind him doing different type of tracks and having fun, but this song is all production basically, put most other mainstream rappers in it and it would exactly the same.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Its semi catchy due to chorus and the beat (Lupe on a trap beat, like most, like everyone's from Atlanta nowadays...), but seriously what happend to Lupe?

I dont mind him doing different type of tracks and having fun, but this song is all production basically, put most other mainstream rappers in it and it would exactly the same.
Best song he's put out in a while IMO. :boh: Reminds me somewhat of I Gotcha/Gold Watch. The jazzy horn sample makes it more unique than your average trap beat to me. Also the light-hearted lyrics and flow are throwback Lu.

Nigga my hood feel like heaven
With third worlds next to it
But nigga we good but we'll be even better
With thirty girls next to us
Yeah, the White House had a trap next to it
Yeah nigga that's a fact next to it
My house had a trap next to it
Ay nigga where's the house, let's do it

As for the album overall... I kinda had high hopes but after watching his latest interview it just seems like he's tryna get out of his contract ASAP and didn't sound too enthusiastic (actually sounded depressed lol). We'll see I guess. :sigh:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He has sounded depressed about his sitaution and contract for years now, its getting kinda tiresome as a fan, when the focus isnt on his music, but how disenchanted he has become. And he's wasting alot of time in the meanwhile, while alot of new talented rappers have come out in that time and are putting in real work in the industry.

And the song is alright, nothing more for me, prefer that thoth 97 one he did with ab-soul. Btw, heard the song he did with ab-soul on the latters new album? Extremely dissapointing, almost like a pop song.

Btw, in case you dont know, Talib Kweli is coming to Sweden, he will be in Uppsala 16th, I'm guessing he will be in Malmö or Göterborg before then? I will be there, but I'm more excited for the Method Man and Redman concert on Tuesday :weee:

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

He has sounded depressed about his sitaution and contract for years now, its getting kinda tiresome as a fan, when the focus isnt on his music, but how disenchanted he has become.

And the song is alright, nothing more for me, prefer that thoth 97 one he did with ab-soul. Btw, heard the song he did with ab-soul on the latters new album? Extremely dissapointing, almost like a pop song.
Yeah that song was all over the place lol.

And I agree about the Atlantic situation, it's incredibly really tiresome as a fan. It is what it is tho, I'm sure that he's 100x more frustrated than any of us are. At times it feels like they go out of their way just to mess with him, kinda wish they'd just drop him.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Soulo, this hook tho.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah that soulful melancholy hook in that mini song, nevermand that and the grimey Hunnid stax only memorable stuff from his lukewarm and too experimental album. Expected much more, think he is losing himself in the shadows of his label mates in TDe, his album bit too off and not really his usual sound/style.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Btw, in case you dont know, Talib Kweli is coming to Sweden, he will be in Uppsala 16th, I'm guessing he will be in Malmö or Göterborg before then? I will be there, but I'm more excited for the Method Man and Redman concert on Tuesday :weee:
Just saw this edit. It's funny, he was actually in my part of town (Angered, if you've heard of it) a couple of months ago.
Didn't go because we were busy getting eliminated against Benfica in the EL hah.
Gonna check if he's stopping by Göteborg again tho, thanks for the heads up. :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this edit. It's funny, he was actually in my part of town (Angered, if you've heard of it) a couple of months ago.
Didn't go because we were busy getting eliminated against Benfica in the EL hah.
Gonna check if he's stopping by Göteborg again tho, thanks for the heads up. :tup:

Check for Method Man and Redman too, absolute legends hehe, most wild out best duo ever :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Crystal Skull - Mastodon

:mark::rock:

Running through the darkness
Holding hearts in my eyes
Falling short of gauntlet
COVERED IN BLOOD SUCKING FLIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
for my brother @King of Kings

Oh man :howler:

I saw that tour in Providence in 1987. Stage fright was the opening song and the curtain didn't drop on queue and stayed up until the middle of the 2nd verse.

not only thst, but I was driving my parents car that night with a few friends of mine and someone side swiped me on the left rear quarter, leaving a huge dent.

so, I did what any other 18 year old would do.

I covered it up with the Def Leppard bumper sticker that I had purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)