'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (42 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Do you know this? :D

It's kinda pretentious, but soo hilarious :lol:

"Big Sean makes dad rap" is so accurate :D

Just skip the first three minutes until they get to the lyrics
Nah never seen that before.

Lol makes dad rap is so on point, kinda corny, he feels like he is talking whenever he raps, good productions, features and even sometimes good (emo) lyrics, but his style on his own cant keep my interest at all due his voice/monotone delivery.

Jamming old Drake songs, sounded so smooth and hungry to break out (having features like Little brother, 9th wonder etc).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah I like him on features generally, but his solo work not so much - though I've never given it a chance either tbh

- - - Updated - - -
@Osman yeah I forgot to include it at first, edited the post :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Ocelot I couldnt see the clip on your post, only when I quote it, odd, I loved this part ""Wayne fell off, Sean never got up" :lol:

To be fair to Big Sean, he has few little gems, one of his new songs Halfway Off the Balcony is really good (cant link link it, its only on spotify), which is rare since its only him no features.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah actually I don't know nearly enough of his stuff to really judge him properly :D

Will check out though, thanks :tup:

Or just skip it alltogether and go through Lupe's old discography instead, even when he wasnt trying, just goofing off with freestyle, he was all fire :nico: :D

@Fr3sh

- - - Updated - - -

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Or just skip it alltogether and go through Lupe's old discography instead, even when he wasnt trying, just goofing off with freestyle, he was all fire :nico: :D
Lupe's sooooo great seriously

Just a shame a lot of his discography is so scattered.

The Cool has easily become one of my favourite albums of all times the past two years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah the cool is one of the best conceptual albums made, incredibly intricate in the amount of characters and narratives he fits in that kinda gets over peeps head.

Crimsonian king, this one worth listening too, complete historical/political lesson from first breath to last :tup:

@GordoDeCentral

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
@CrimsonianKing Couple more examples of political rap:

:tup: much better. BTW I was not bashing on all hip hop, mostly the top chart shit made by millionaire artists that talks about hoes, ostentatious life and being a "gangsta". I really can't relate to any of that shit, it's fucking horrible. The "real" hip hop that came from the ghettos and talked about their reality; the oppression and police brutality is a whole 'nother thing.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18035" target="_blank">CrimsonianKing</a> Couple more examples of political rap:

Lupe's sooooo great seriously

Just a shame a lot of his discography is so scattered.

The Cool has easily become one of my favourite albums of all times the past two years.
New Lupe :weee::weee:
This track is actually got me pumped for his new album :D

Personally I LOVED The Cool, but I enjoyed Food and Liquor more. :D

:tup: much better. BTW I was not bashing on all hip hop, mostly the top chart shit made by millionaire artists that talks about hoes, ostentatious life and being a "gangsta". I really can't relate to any of that shit, it's fucking horrible. The "real" hip hop that came from the ghettos and talked about their reality; the oppression and police brutality is a whole 'nother thing.

Last one, makes my spine shiver 9 out 10 times. Follow it with lyrics on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck now I'm revisiting the album :heart:
One of my all time favorites!

Will most likely gonna smoke to it real soon

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
New Lupe :weee::weee:
This track is actually got me pumped for his new album :D

Personally I LOVED The Cool, but I enjoyed Food and Liquor more. :D

Last one, makes my spine shiver 9 out 10 times. Follow it with lyrics on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck now I'm revisiting the album :heart:
One of my all time favorites!

Will most likely gonna smoke to it real soon
Question, how much into reggae are you?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Question, how much into reggae are you?
I looove reggae!!!!

Heck for several years I stopped listening to rap, just stuck to my usual old stuff (common, mos def, lupe, etc) and listened to mainly reggae because they're was/is this HUGE pool of talent compared to what was going on in the hip hop world. Once you get passed the heavy accent their lyrics are pure fire, amazing melodies/beats, just a whole bunch of good shit!!

Jesse Royal being one of my favorites :heart:

Chronixx and Protoje are HUGE talents as well, both are significantly more prominent then Jesse (for now :xfinger: he just needs to make more music)

This guy needs no introduction

Gentleman (from Germany HUGE reggae artist) and Kymani Marley taking up one of Bob's classic :weee:

Another one of Bob's sons, Stephen and one of my fav rapper Mos Def

Sizzla Kalonji :heart:

For me reggae>>>>hip hop not even a competition.

- - - Updated - - -

How could i not mention one of the best African reggae artist Takana Zion :heart:

- - - Updated - - -
@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18035" target="_blank">CrimsonianKing</a> this song sends shivers down my spine everytime!! The viiibes!!!! I don't understand a word either!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Takana in Brazil! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand shit in this either :lol::D
But the music speaks for itself :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pure vibes. You need to come to Europe in summer for the major reggae festivals Darman. Or one of the ones they have in the US (guessing California lol). Seen most of the above there, even Takana, him singing ematoba was one of the most powerful live performances.

Speaking of Reggae, I'm on my way right now to see concert of Busy Signal. Give me likkl of the grades and pass mi the rizzla :D

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Pure vibes. You need to come to Europe in summer for the major reggae festivals Darman. Or one of the ones they have in the US (guessing California lol). Seen most of the above there, even Takana, him singing ematoba was one of the most powerful live performances.

Speaking of Reggae, I'm on my way right now to see concert of Busy Signal. Give me likkl of the grades and pass mi the rizzla :D

I'm so jealous is not even funny!!! :lol:
Hope you have a good time. :D
I will god willing, i have too :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm so jealous is not even funny!!!
Hope you have a good time. :D
I will god willing, i have too :D
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYAou-_-rU

Jah dey pon yuh telephone
Tell him wat you need
Tell him wat you need
Tell him wat you need
Jah dey pon yuh telephone
Tell him wat you need
Tell hime wat you need right

Say by the rivers of Bobbylan
Where we sat down
And everywhere when we remember Zion
Cause the wicked carry us away in captivity
Required from us a song
How can we sing rastafari song in a stra-a-a-a-ange land

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
One for Buju!! :spliff:

- - - Updated - - -

Let's do it bro... we swing down to America... kidnap @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18035" target="_blank">CrimsonianKing</a>... and all head to @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=19385" target="_blank">Osman'</a>s place.
:rofl:

Let's do it :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

Driver you can drink a beer but don't dare burn a spliff :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)