'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (19 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
A far cry from his 'The Cool' days
Anyone who thinks Lupe ain't boss anymore needs to listen to his song Mural.
It's all a matter of taste, but his style now is nothing like the early days. I can't really say if his latest stuff is good or bad - a lot of people seem to like it, but it doesn't sound the same to me.
@Jihadi John

Love the message in this track.
Will listen when I get a chance :tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, now he's a fiasco.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

lupe is done, desperately looking for a beef to kick start his dead career, i dont think he will ever recover from lasers, which was just garbage per his standards and alienated a lot of his fans, then came the experimental stuff and the 2 chainz hair, he can still drop a hot verse or 2 but he went from possibly the next best thing to a practically a nobody.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

lupe is done, desperately looking for a beef to kick start his dead career, i dont think he will ever recover from lasers, which was just garbage per his standards and alienated a lot of his fans, then came the experimental stuff and the 2 chainz hair, he can still drop a hot verse or 2 but he went from possibly the next best thing to a practically a nobody.
He fell off completely for too long and you know I constantly criticized him for forgetting whats important, the music. But IMO it was true until his last album, which was ridicolously FANTASTIC in pure lyrical MC skills, was ridicolous, wasnt just a hot verse or two, but an intwined dope creative way to tell a narrative (the songs are completely connected, in BACKWARDS chronology) for a whole album (only didnt like deliver as a fit for it in the end, the rest in parts mindblowing level of lyricism and flow. Its impossible to truly listen to Tetsuo&Youth and say he is done, dude IMO made his best work, its just came like 8-9 years into his career so people are less impressed when he already wowed them in the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all a matter of taste, but his style now is nothing like the early days. I can't really say if his latest stuff is good or bad - a lot of people seem to like it, but it doesn't sound the same to me.
Will listen when I get a chance :tup:
Dont wait for some specific sound or him to be exactly as he was when starting out, listening the whole of the new album, I meanreally listen to it, and I will be shocked that you wouldnt be impressed as former Lupe fan. It was a sleeper album that didnt get much attention (him in general doesnt), but only rap album I would take over it last year is to pimp a butterfly really (and its mainly because Kendrick has alot more passion and presence to his work that Lupe never had).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Food and Liquor is best indeed in overall, but parts of this album is better. Defenitely better then the cool for me.

We defenitely have very definitions of done if you listened to the whole album and still say that, prolly focusing too much on his erratic persona in in social media's etc. Mural alone is huge kick in the nuts for any notion of him being done. He is independent now and is focusing completely on just rapping, an album, and a new mixtape&EP called Pharaoh height (below song from it)

Its impossible to do anything but give him :tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Food and Liquor is best indeed in overall, but parts of this album is better. Defenitely better then the cool for me.

We defenitely have very definitions of done if you listened to the whole album and still say that, prolly focusing too much on his erratic persona in in social media's etc. Mural alone is huge kick in the nuts for any notion of him being done. He is independent now and is focusing completely on just rapping, an album, and a new mixtape&EP called Pharaoh height (below song from it)

Its impossible to do anything but give him :tup:
dude i used to be a fan and still follow him on facebook, dude is just too preachy and showy now, too jaded, gotta strike a balance.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ignore that shit (by not having a useless facebook acct) and just focus on the music. Have no liking for his eccentric opinionated persona, was enough hearing him on rosenberg or other radio/talk shows, was enough. But musically, and purely as a lyrical rapper, he is pretty much near master level when his creative juices gets going.

- - - Updated - - -

Oedipus rex, mother fucker this better than sex
Material potion the love of my martyr
Currency soaked in the blood of my father

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)