'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (27 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey, it's Friday.

Funny to notice a bit of the low-fi tributes to this original in the past few years:

Yo La Tengo has finally mellowed more with age, but this cover from a month ago has a pretty nifty video:

The the best lo-fi example is probably the aforementioned Dean & Britta of former Luna fame...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Woh havent heard that before :D

This is one of the songs we listen to at work on pay day, nothing funnier then seeing a near 60 year old short little swedish lady singing the "ha ha ha" bit :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

@Mohad @Salvo

@Tommy @Sheik Yerbouti

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, I cant listen to the original anymore at all, Kendrick just made it his own. There is a reason he is rarely featured on others songs, not good for your image to be outshined too much. In this case it doesnt matter since the dude is an rnb/pop singer, but for other rappers, nah.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, epic dancehall hit for sure, besides that, he generally is just an insanely chill reggae singer.

This is another one of his more rare dancehall chill tunes:

He hadnt released new stuff in long while, so nice suprise to hear a whole EP out of the blue out today.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Völler @King of Kings @Ocelot @Nzoric @Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, epic dancehall hit for sure, besides that, he generally is just an insanely chill reggae singer.

This is another one of his more rare dancehall chill tunes:

He hadnt released new stuff in long while, so nice suprise to hear a whole EP out of the blue out today.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Völler @King of Kings @Ocelot @Nzoric @Enron
Old skool goodies. Cheers Osman.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Awesome:D

I love these frenchies obbsession with football players and teams in their songs, while sounding all hard. Its quite an unique niche in hiphop (some swedish rappers started to do footie related songs now due to it lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)